Not open for further replies.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
They couldn't if they wanted to. It would never pass modern crash testing.
There are peeps still lamenting the loss of popup headlights .............. :facepalm:
Sponsored

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
sad to see this, but this can absolutely happen since Ford stopped making cars. A 4-door family sedan Mustang version may just sell well enough for Ford. So Ford line-up will have an Electric Mustang (Mach-E), a 2-door coupe/convertible (2.3L, V8) and a 4-door sedan mustang (most likely 2.0L Turbo/ 2.3L Turbo/ 2.7L Turbo) :facepalm:

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I've never driven any year of Taurus. I'm not interested in big 4 door cars like that.

I believe you that a BMW that probably costs twice as much was better to drive, though. Common sense would tell me that. Typically Fords are meant to be the less expensive option and some compromises come with that. I think there are some good things about BMWs, but they usually don't give you as much for your money.
Mustangs can cost 50-55k. I can get a BMW M340i for that easy. Yes, a little less horsepower, but will do a 0-60 in 4.1. So no, BMWs do not cost 2x as much to drive. That said, they have put a lot of emphasis on the driving experience you get out of their machines and it shows.

As for the Crown Vic..well, Ford did put out the Mercury Marauder, and it did OK. Honestly, I wished I had gotten that instead of my GS 430, but it wasn't an option at the time.

I appreciate that you are a fan of the mustang. Honestly, I am a fan of most RWD cars. However, Ford did a really poor job of converting their FWD cars to AWD vehicles. They had problems with torque steer, balance, and handling. I want a car that engages me like my 97 Tbird did, and still allows me a bit more room. I want a car I can go down the street and know that I have enough power and brakes to make the drive fun, I want a car I can put into the corner and come out the other side with a grin, while the people behind me are reaching for their brakes, and finally I also want a car I can drive for 10 hours and got get beat up in. I've had three cars that have done that for me. My t-bird, my GS430, and my 550i. I am hoping that the new Mustang will be a possibility, because if I had to replace my car today, it would be a SCAT pack widebody Charger.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Mustangs cost 50-55k
Mustang EB = 25-45
GT = 33-50+

GIven income levels and 5/6yr financing I'll bet you'll find the average selling price of a Mustang is around around 35-40. Maybe Jim has insight.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Mustang EB = 25-45
GT = 33-50+

GIven income levels and 5/6yr financing I'll bet you'll find the average selling price of a Mustang is around around 35-40. Maybe Jim has insight.
The mustang GT premium and the M340xi are probably right in line with each other. 50k is probably a good number. I know that when I've priced what I would want, it comes out around 50k or so.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Mustangs can cost 50-55k. I can get a BMW M340i for that easy. Yes, a little less horsepower, but will do a 0-60 in 4.1. So no, BMWs do not cost 2x as much to drive. That said, they have put a lot of emphasis on the driving experience you get out of their machines and it shows.

As for the Crown Vic..well, Ford did put out the Mercury Marauder, and it did OK. Honestly, I wished I had gotten that instead of my GS 430, but it wasn't an option at the time.

I appreciate that you are a fan of the mustang. Honestly, I am a fan of most RWD cars. However, Ford did a really poor job of converting their FWD cars to AWD vehicles. They had problems with torque steer, balance, and handling. I want a car that engages me like my 97 Tbird did, and still allows me a bit more room. I want a car I can go down the street and know that I have enough power and brakes to make the drive fun, I want a car I can put into the corner and come out the other side with a grin, while the people behind me are reaching for their brakes, and finally I also want a car I can drive for 10 hours and got get beat up in. I've had three cars that have done that for me. My t-bird, my GS430, and my 550i. I am hoping that the new Mustang will be a possibility, because if I had to replace my car today, it would be a SCAT pack widebody Charger.
OK, there you go, I want a '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe body with 2021 Mustang GT mechanicals. LOL!
%2Fb7%2F80%2F82%2Fb78082c2c4a54801d95a0983e13ce001.jpg

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
OK, there you go, I want a '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe body with 2021 Mustang GT mechanicals. LOL!
%2Fb7%2F80%2F82%2Fb78082c2c4a54801d95a0983e13ce001.jpg
My brother had an 88 cougar with the 5.0 engine. It was actually a pretty fun car to drive at the time.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I still don’t understand why Ford refuses to bring the Falcon name back to America. It’s not like the Falcon was ever regarded as a bad car, and the Australian Falcons were awesome
746A489C-A9BF-43B5-AF72-6FE18875FF5C.jpeg
Yeah, this ^
I would totally drive that. I'd like Grabber Blue with a stick-shift.

I remember Ford claiming they couldn't sell the Falcon here because it was too expensive to ship them from Australia. I don't remember Ford ever having a reason they couldn't get the drawings from Australia and build Falcons in Michigan.
I read into it a certain amount of foolish pride and politics at Ford USA.
Sending drawings to Australia was one thing, but heaven forbid they do that in the other direction.
...Or maybe they were afraid of the Australian design doing well in the USA.

Those last generations of Falcons were good-looking cars, and I would not only take an XR6 Turbo over the last fat-ass SHO, (at risk of heresy) I would to have think pretty hard to decide between a Falcon and a Mustang.

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
My brother had an 88 cougar with the 5.0 engine. It was actually a pretty fun car to drive at the time.
Would be even "Funner" with a Coyote! The more I see where Ford is heading, the more I want to do a Retro-Modded car with a bit more elbow room, but I'll probably buy my last "New" Ford next year, a Mach 1 w/A10.
I don't have kids, just a German Shepherd a wife, and we proved the GSD fits in back on a semi-long road trip GT rag-top rental last fall, don't tell Avis. The coupe has more room and a bigger trunk, so piece of cake.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Just noticed Ford dropped the bomb! Saw it on Facebook via Carbuzz...Ford Mustang will go all electric in 2028. This may throw a wrench in the S650 also since it was supposed to be an 8 year cycle. IDK what to think about it. The renderings look decent, but it will be a whole different animal as far as modding an electric motor vs a ICE. But they can be extremely quick now and that instant torque off the line already has me considering one. Now if only the price of the batteries will drop so they would be more affordable and what about the plug-in locations and electric grid issues in many areas?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just noticed Ford dropped the bomb! Saw it on Facebook via Carbuzz...Ford Mustang will go all electric in 2028. This may throw a wrench in the S650 also since it was supposed to be an 8 year cycle. IDK what to think about it. The renderings look decent, but it will be a whole different animal as far as modding an electric motor vs a ICE. But they can be extremely quick now and that instant torque off the line already has me considering one. Now if only the price of the batteries will drop so they would be more affordable and what about the plug-in locations and electric grid issues in many areas?
This came up back In January. Nothing cut in stone yet. We will just need to wait and see..

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...l-be-electric-ev-only-claims-autoline.153660/

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

To me a 2015+ Mustang is a huge luxury coupe. And that's a GT350. The PP1 or base cars feel like you are sitting on your living room couch or in a Cadilac. It seems crazy to me that you think a Mustang is going to beat you up on a long drive. They are so soft and comfy. If you think the Mustang is too small and harsh riding, I don't think Mustang is the car for you.

I spent easily 20 years driving Fox Mustangs. My opinion is they were one of the best Mustang designs. Cheap to a fault and with a simple V8 in them. They were a lot more harsh on the road than the S550, but I never minded that.

I've driven an XR7 Cougar with the supercharged V6 a number of times and they aren't bad. Just not my kind of car. Too mushy and big.

I would absolutely love it if the Mustang would be sized halfway in between the current S550 and my 944. Actually I'd love it even more if the Mustang was sized exactly the same as my 944, even though I know it will never happen. Now that's a car that you accelerate with confidence into a corner when everyone else is braking.

Yes you can get a cheaper BMW for what an expensive Mustang costs, but that BMW doesn't come with a good naturally aspirated V8 engine.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would absolutely love it if the Mustang would be sized halfway in between the current S550 and my 944.
kill the rear seat and chop a good 8-10 inches out of the body - think Miata/MX8 design ethos. Then Ford can create a proper 'saloon' 4-seater.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
To me a 2015+ Mustang is a huge luxury coupe. And that's a GT350. The PP1 or base cars feel like you are sitting on your living room couch or in a Cadilac. It seems crazy to me that you think a Mustang is going to beat you up on a long drive. They are so soft and comfy. If you think the Mustang is too small and harsh riding, I don't think Mustang is the car for you.

I spent easily 20 years driving Fox Mustangs. My opinion is they were one of the best Mustang designs. Cheap to a fault and with a simple V8 in them. They were a lot more harsh on the road than the S550, but I never minded that.

I've driven an XR7 Cougar with the supercharged V6 a number of times and they aren't bad. Just not my kind of car. Too mushy and big.

I would absolutely love it if the Mustang would be sized halfway in between the current S550 and my 944. Actually I'd love it even more if the Mustang was sized exactly the same as my 944, even though I know it will never happen. Now that's a car that you accelerate with confidence into a corner when everyone else is braking.

Yes you can get a cheaper BMW for what an expensive Mustang costs, but that BMW doesn't come with a good naturally aspirated V8 engine.
Yeah the Mustang isn't bad on a longer drive, but the few times I've been on an extended trip I noticed after a couple hours I started to get uncomfortable. Now I hear the Challenger is the car to have if you spend a lot of time driving as their seats are like a comfy recliner. From what I hear the Camaro and most likely the Supra could beat you up quite a bit. But for me, I rarely drive more than 30 minutes at a time except for maybe once or twice a year.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.