N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
All cars are race cars. From a Model A Ford to a 1979 Chevette to the latest and greatest. Take it to a track and race it, it's a race car.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The whole automotive industry is getting attacked hard.. I'm seeing almost all exhaust/ headers manufacturers pulling catless products. It's a huge fine getting caught with it. Just sold a set of catted GT350 Stainless products. Catted is the future now..

-Josh

Josh, I don't even see how catted survives. As removing functioning catalytic converters is a violation of federal law. Unless manufacturers are willing to go out of their way to get CARB EO#s this isn't going to happen. Especially with LTHs. If you look at the OEM cats there are actually 2 bricks in one cat. The first cat is for preheat while the primary cat behind it is for scrubbing once the car is to temp. You can see this with the 02 port in the middle of the cat.

12436_253541_09.jpg

LTHs push the cats t far back and the start up emissions will be affected.

Here is a set of JBA shorty headers that are smog legal. That being said they probably add 0hp.

JBA 50 state legal headers

Only thing I can figure would be to just add 200cpi metallic cats to OEM headers, and to find an exhaust shop that will do it.

Last edited:

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
If you regularly street drive your car with off-road pipes: this is on you
If you're YouTuber who's going for 100k+ views on your videos about getting off-road headers installed on your daily: this is on you

No one gets to be able to buy parts for racecars because people wanted to do this on their street cars. This is the definition of FAAFO. People brought lots of attention to themselves and the companies that made these parts. This is the result.
Exactly, it's gotten to the point where the EPA couldn't look the other way. Good job idiots.

I'd love to see a compromise where a car could still be tuned but certain emissions related parameters were off limits.

Catless products should require the end user to submit documentation that the vehicle could never be titled for use on a public road.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Time for me to finally invest in a tig welder and a tubing bender...
My friends uncle owns exhaust shop. He said it’s pretty easy to make an exhaust

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, it's gotten to the point where the EPA couldn't look the other way. Good job idiots.
Rolling coal is the biggest one. I understand grown men with 1.75" full on penises need to compensate, so here's my suggestion: get a cheap hooker who won't laugh or a penis pump. And for reading material, 'the little engine that could'.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yep I posted Jon Jr's vid yesterday, I'm a pretty positive guy but it appears that modding late model muscle may be coming to an end as we know it.
I don't think it's going away, it's just going to get smaller and very emissions friendly.

Looks like Roush, Whipple, ProCharger, Paxton, and so on will be selling A LOT of kits pretty soon. I'm guessing all these companies pay BIG MONEY to have the CARB approval and emissions passing. (That's why this stuff costs so much money along with the research and development, obviously.)

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I don't think it's going away, it's just going to get smaller and very emissions friendly.

Looks like Roush, Whipple, ProCharger, Paxton, and so on will be selling A LOT of kits pretty soon. I'm guessing all these companies pay BIG MONEY to have the CARB approval and emissions passing. (That's why this stuff costs so much money along with the research and development, obviously.)
The saying that comes to mind is "you have to pay to play" couldn't be truer.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The consolidations in the aftermarket industry in the past couple decades is scary. From hundreds of specialized performance companies to a few big ones. Look at the divisions of Holley that were once stand alone companies. The wrong kind of legislation could be deadly.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
what do the length of the tubes do? curious, im eco owner, so we have downpipe.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
what do the length of the tubes do? curious, im eco owner, so we have downpipe.
I think from an emissions standpoint, since longtubes (if they are catted) have the catalytic converters farther away from the motor they take longer to get up to operating temperature, therefore causing more uncatalyzed exhaust emissions until they are warmed up to ~800*. Also high flow cats just arent as good as OEM cats in terms of emissions reduction. Cats do nothing until they hit ~800 degrees.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I think from an emissions standpoint, since longtubes (if they are catted) have the catalytic converters farther away from the motor they take longer to get up to operating temperature, therefore causing more uncatalyzed exhaust emissions until they are warmed up to ~800*. Also high flow cats just arent as good as OEM cats in terms of emissions reduction. Cats do nothing until they hit ~800 degrees.

Exactly, that's what I brought up in my post. Cats have to get to temp before the catalyst can happen. Farther back you go longer to get to temp.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
FYI, all of our offroad inventory is about depleted.

We do have a few sets left for 15-21 Mustang GT Only.

USA Made LTH , Lifetime warranty , 304 Stainless with titan coating, angled e85 bungs.. Monday our remaining inventory will be sent back to convert to catted, so get while the getting is good.

These are discounted as well to move.

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/lth-fdlh00015t/
Sponsored