Sponsored

Mach 1's & GT's on their way home

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised they didn't go by rail. If Australian cars are going to Philly instead of Longbeach it's gonna be a LONG voyage. So who's up for a Fast and Furious hijack of units off a moving truck?
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Why would any country mandate white taillights ? Ugh !
The white is not mandated. What is mandated is that the turn signals be amber instead of red. And three white taillights look much better than two red and one amber.
They're also neat in that the outermost light can be either red or amber when it lights up. It's red when the tail lights are on, but it flickers amber when you're signalling. They couldn't have done that if the exterior lens had been red. They would have had to make the outer lens amber and to use that lamp exclusively for the turn signal, while limiting the tail lights to two bars only. It would have been really ugly.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
The white is not mandated. What is mandated is that the turn signals be amber instead of red. And three white taillights look much better than two red and one amber.
They're also neat in that the outermost light can be either red or amber when it lights up. It's red when the tail lights are on, but it flickers amber when you're signalling. They couldn't have done that if the exterior lens had been red. They would have had to make the outer lens amber and to use that lamp exclusively for the turn signal, while limiting the tail lights to two bars only. It would have been really ugly.
Beat me to it. I would add though, they are not really white they are clear.

The outermost bar lights up red? From the photos/videos I have seen it appears to be off when the turn signal is not on.
Screenshot_2021-03-01 Ford Mustang GT - A German's Perspective - Everyday Driver Europe Review.png

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Those are the brake lights. Sadly, the outermost lamps are not used as brake lights, leaving only the other two. I guess this is because the outermost light must already contain two different sets of LEDs in order to manage two functions (tail light and turn signal), so implementing a third function wasn't possible.
All three bars light up red at night, but only the inner two bars turn brighter while you're braking.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@TheGame1190

Clear euros on normal tail light illumination :

CA580-D02-3546-4-E9-D-9484-C512-A7-B6-EFF2.jpg

WD :like:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like Peugeot's take. 3 red tails.........but the turn signal/indicator is the clear/smoked strip at the bottom.

208.jpg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There are red vinyl kits for Euro-spec tail lights, which claim to keep the car road-legal (i.e. the turn signals still look amber despite the covering foil). I believe Anchor Room sells such a kit. I might give it a try sometime. My car is red, and I think it would look better with red tail lamps.
But for any other color I think the clear lamps look actually better than the red ones.

That Peugeot is hideous. :puke:
And I deeply resent Peugeot's insolence. The tail lights and fog light are obviously copied from the Mustang. Absolutely shameless of them. I loathe them for that. I would expect this from Geely, or Trumpchi, or something like that, but not from a reputable European manufacturer.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yes, we have quite a few S550s over here in the UK with red tints on the tails, and they pass the annual inspection (MOT) just fine.

I agree on the Peugeots........not a fan of them at all. As you'll know, then even copy the 3 white DRLs on the front, too :frown:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Well, when we pay £50k for a GT (they are pretty much loaded).......that's about $70k, so we'd better get the better tyres (not tires) :giggle:
We got the way worse mexican produced Pzero variant here on 15 to 17 models (US got the P951 production code, we had V480/V481), we have all rights to get good tires 😁

I am wondering why the export models are transported uncovered?

@ white taillight topic: It's not mandated by EU, it's just Ford not wanting to put effort into have red glass with amber turn singal to meet the color requirements for the turn singal.
I honestly think the tail lights are fine for some colors, but the horrible thing about them is when you have the lights on and it's not completely dark already your rear lights will appear pink instead of red.
Good thing, there are legal aftermarket rear lights (they have the e-seal stamped on) with red or black glass and amber sequential turn signals available, I would instantly buy them when ordering an EU model.
Tinting your tail lights is illegal here in Germany though.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Good thing, there are legal aftermarket rear lights (they have the e-seal stamped on) with red or black glass and amber sequential turn signals available, I would instantly buy them when ordering an EU model.
Really? Do you happen to have a link? I'd be very interested in something like that.
So far all I could find were the Vlands, but they are clear.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Really? Do you happen to have a link? I'd be very interested in something like that.
So far all I could find were the Vlands, but they are clear.
Here's a german shop:
Red
Black
In the end they are from VLAND, but a special verison with the legal e-seal on them.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Now that you all have explained how the clear tail lights look once the car is driven and you activate the turn signal , I can appreciate how good they can look. The Ford engineers came up with quite a clever idea of having clear taillights to satisfy the regulators in Europe.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
They also look quite good with certain vehicle colours. Personally, I'm not too attracted to red+blue or red+green combinations. To me a Bullitt, or a Kona, or a Velocity, looks better in Euro clothes. It's a matter of taste, I guess.
As luck would have it, I happen to have a colour that would most probably look better with red tail lamps, which is why the link posted by Steve above makes me drool. But the price tag is a bit off-putting.
Sponsored

Last edited: