Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
When I think of Mach1 , I think of Drag Pack options. Since Ford does not have to worry about a Shelby Mustang heritage with the Mach 1 , I hope Ford offers a Drag Pack option for Drag Race fans. We don't need Ram Air , but deep rear gears like 4.56: 1 and drag race suspension would be nice.
Good point. When Ford came out with the Mach I it was never meant to be a handling car, just a cool car and those that wanted to drag race might order it. It was a sticker car back then, too. Today it is a complete car and 456 gear option would be just excellent especially with such a wide RPM band. It has to be perfect all around. It is the gearing I am already getting prepared to install when my Mach comes in. Still waiting to see if Ford puts the same gear ratios in the transmission like the previous GT350.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
For those bitching about the fender gap .................. It is necessitated for loading/unloading purposes. Without it, the front splitter would not clear the brake over point on the loading/unloading ramps. That is why the GT350's and 500's are lower deck only and, loaded butt end first at the rear of the transport. The factory places large window stickers on those cars indicating both loading and vehicle placement. Most never see these as many dealers remove them during the PDI process.
The transport companies must not see those stickers either then, because they're still loading the Shelbys front-first 5 years later.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It confirms for me that I will be happy with the wheels and that I will be happy with Iconic silver.
Yeah, I'm liking my choice on wheel upgrade! I do not like the stock ones.
It's hard to tell if the rear wheels are deep dished more than front, I hope so.

Sponsored

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
Yeah, I'm liking my choice on wheel upgrade! I do not like the stock ones.
It's hard to tell if the rear wheels are deep dished more than front, I hope so.
Agreed and it's killing me that we can't get those wheels in Australia... though the stock wheels are growing on me (is what I keep telling myself!).

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It confirms for me that I will be happy with the wheels and that I will be happy with Iconic silver.
Am I missing something? For me, both links show FJG cars

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Am I missing something? For me, both links show FJG cars
Yeah, I think seeing the FJG pics confirmed him ordering Iconic Silver vs FJG. I agree from pics but will need to see FJG in person. I thought it was such a cool color when Ford dropped the first images. The more I see it, the less I like it. I may sound like a broken record but I love the DHG on my Bullitt. I agree with what I think is the majority here...Ford should have opened up the color palette for the Mach 1. I'm sure they'll add more colors for MY '22 but also sure they will still leave out some cool colors.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Window Sticker (forddirect.com)

No rear parking sensors. Weird. So...MSRP roughly 8k more than a Bullitt. Curious to see if Mach 1s will share the same fate of getting highly discounted after a while. I think they may sell better than the Bullitt, because of automatic option, GT350 gone, more colors (though still limited), look-at-me optics etc.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I am convinced I will be pleased with iconic silver. If the Mach 1 had a DHG color available I would likely have ordered it.
We all remember our favorite cars and when we were younger.

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I think seeing the FJG pics confirmed him ordering Iconic Silver vs FJG. I agree from pics but will need to see FJG in person. I thought it was such a cool color when Ford dropped the first images. The more I see it, the less I like it. I may sound like a broken record but I love the DHG on my Bullitt. I agree with what I think is the majority here...Ford should have opened up the color palette for the Mach 1. I'm sure they'll add more colors for MY '22 but also sure they will still leave out some cool colors.
I'm really torn on FJG, which is what I've ordered, but I really like the orange accents on the brake calipers and front seats. I'll wait to see more photos/videos before deciding whether to change my order. I'm considering the oxford white as an alternative because I like the contrast with all the black elements and the red stripes, though a pity the calipers aren't red like the Bullitt.
Sponsored