FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The way I see it, every comment and opinion is relative to the topic at hand. Student debt forgiveness is also the same pool of people included in this as well. if they aren't making their payments, then they are also not making their payments for loans and wanting to have others eat the debt.

I group pretty much everyone together in this, they are all equally terrible people in regarding of trying to shirk debt, or get free money.

my opinion, is mine, and everyone else is everyone else's. I still read everyones comments, and I laugh or cry. but I would never want ANY comment deleted or anyone banned for their feelings towards it.

thats the issue, silence the other side, get their way, make it so only one side can comment instead of all parties freely.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If I had the power, I would not excuse debt forgiveness.... you knew what you were buying when you signed on the dotted line.
I would also get rid of welfare completely...100%. The dependency on the Federal Government for hand-outs started in 1964 (I can't say who or which party he/she/it/they/them/it was from now). Human Beings are the most adaptive creatures on the face of the planet...!!!!
The society survived from the Plymouth landing until 1964 WITHOUT welfare.
Suck it up and pay your damn bills... I did and I don't want to pay yours.... you didn't pay mine and will not be offering to pay mine.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If I had the power, I would not excuse debt forgiveness.... you knew what you were buying when you signed on the dotted line.
I would also get rid of welfare completely...100%. The dependency on the Federal Government for hand-outs started in 1964 (I can't say who or which party he/she/it/they/them/it was from now). Human Beings are the most adaptive creatures on the face of the planet...!!!!
Suck it up and pay your damn bills... I did and I don't want to pay yours.... you didn't pay mine and will not be offering to pay mine.
Dave, you have some reading to do. It started long before 1964. Find someone who lived through the Great Depression and you will have a much better understanding of what public assistance was all about.

https://www.crf-usa.org/bill-of-rig...a-how-welfare-began-in-the-united-states.html

Of course what it was and what it is now are just a little different.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. 100000x

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. 100000x
It appears that both you and Dave have forgotten your American history classes. This country has always taken care of it’s less fortunate people. Now has it gone too far? Absolutely. There is a lot there is broken that needs to be fixed. But, that said, you do not throw out the baby with the bath water. There are people in this country that genuinely need the financial help that the government offers. Interestingly enough, some of the ones who need it the most are embarrassed to accept it.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
except nobody knows the future and even if they had 3 months of reserves (RARE!!) who could have guessed in late 2019 their job would be forcibly taken from them over a virus? We have bankruptcy laws for damn good reason.

society as existed for a few thousand years before that without gov't run welfare. It was called private charity. That's where it should have stayed and must return.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Dave, you have some reading to do. It started long before 1964. Find someone who lived through the Great Depression and you will have a much better understanding of what public assistance was all about.

https://www.crf-usa.org/bill-of-rig...a-how-welfare-began-in-the-united-states.html

Of course what it was and what it is now are just a little different.

It is still hand-outs my friend, regardless when which ever party decided to start providing it. Hand-outs provide power leverage for those who promise things/favors/gifts to those that want free stuff.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It is still hand-outs my friend, regardless when which ever party decided to start providing it. Hand-outs provide power leverage for those who promise things/favors/gifts to those that want free stuff.
There’s really no incentive to be a contributing human being when you can live comfortably off all the programs and soon to be universal income. Reparations etc... makes me so mad.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
There’s really no incentive to be a contributing human being when you can live comfortably off all the programs and soon to be universal income. Reparations etc... makes me so mad.
Reparations have nothing to do with getting anything for "free". No one has discussed "universal income".

Your comments get to the reason why we can't have decent conversations on this forum. Your comments are obviously politically based. That in and of itself is fine... gets tiring though....

If I had your understanding, I'd be mad too. Your lack of basic research is astounding.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This has nothing to do with politics. If the Great Depression happened today our society would have totally collapsed. No jobs, no food, no money. Nothing. 2020 would have been considered a walk in the park. These weren’t handouts, they saved America at the time. Again, that was then. But it is where and when it all started.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Reparations have nothing to do with getting anything for "free". No one has discussed "universal income".

Your comments get to the reason why we can't have decent conversations on this forum. Your comments are obviously politically based. That in and of itself is fine... gets tiring though....

If I had your understanding, I'd be mad too. Your lack of basic research is astounding.
It’s been mentioned in this thread. I’m only bringing up digusting things being brought forward as acceptable, just like student debt being dismissed, and unemployment boost and welfare yet don’t pay the bills.

my understanding is fine, people have money, people don’t spend it on their prioirities and trying to make others Bail them out out of jail free.

no sir. Not today, Atleast I hope it’s all tossed out via courts and everyone’s held accountable

I pull loans and run credit cards up, Isave money and pay them off respectfully.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
This has nothing to do with politics. If the Great Depression happened today our society would have totally collapsed. No jobs, no food, no money. Nothing. 2020 would have been considered a walk in the park. These weren’t handouts, they saved America at the time. Again, that was then. But it is where and when it all started.
The problem is you have some people who believe "being poor" is the best thing on earth. Like the poor get $10,000 payments from the gov't, drive nice cars, eat the best food, live for free, etc.

They don't know the reality of being poor...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The problem is you have some people who believe "being poor" is the best thing on earth. Like the poor get $10,000 payments from the gov't, drive nice cars, eat the best food, live for free, etc.

They don't know the reality of being poor...
So true. I’m afraid that a number of people forget what this country was built on. Those who have helping those who don’t.

-r6eeabca721c240748b14b1cbd471ceb8_0ugra_8byvr_540.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
As said by other posters, you don't know basic history. Deciding on a life of ignorance for the sake of political ideology is not a path.
I didn’t think we were allowed to say the ”p” word any more?
Sponsored