OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I’ve switched vendors! I am now able to print the formula style paddle in stainless steel. In addition, everything is much cheaper than when I first launched. The switch in vendors also means I have to drop a couple of finishes, so effective immediately I will no longer be able to make the bronzed silver or black finishes. In addition to a lower price, lead times are also shortened by 1 week.

Sponsored

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about designing something like this but figured the cost for printing would be crazy. Nice to see someone actually pull it off with a very nice looking product. I don't agree with a lot of people here...I had extenders and they were ok..but once I wanted to change my steering wheel I had issues because I had to now remove the extenders just to access the release spring. I like that these emulate the GT500 and definitely a fan of the polished look. Looks very premium, which definitely warrants a premium price tag. Not sure I can foot the bill now, but would be interested to know if you've since produced any more for anyone else, as well as any updates on the manufacturing/price. Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I thought about designing something like this but figured the cost for printing would be crazy. Nice to see someone actually pull it off with a very nice looking product. I don't agree with a lot of people here...I had extenders and they were ok..but once I wanted to change my steering wheel I had issues because I had to now remove the extenders just to access the release spring. I like that these emulate the GT500 and definitely a fan of the polished look. Looks very premium, which definitely warrants a premium price tag. Not sure I can foot the bill now, but would be interested to know if you've since produced any more for anyone else, as well as any updates on the manufacturing/price. Keep up the great work!
Thanks that means a lot. The first vendor I used had tolerance issues and was expensive. When I actually ordered parts for a customer I had to send them back Because the print was bad. So I went through a company that my day job went through here in the US. They gave me a tolerance of +/- 1% so I ordered a couple and fitment is spot on. It just took a while because of the holidays so I took the parts off the website. I got the price down by 120 on the touring paddle and even more on the formula model since it can now be made out of stainless steel. So I’m happy with how the mustang series is now because it was expensive when I first launched. Now I’m working on paddles for my friends Audi.

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks that means a lot. The first vendor I used had tolerance issues and was expensive. When I actually ordered parts for a customer I had to send them back Because the print was bad. So I went through a company that my day job went through here in the US. They gave me a tolerance of +/- 1% so I ordered a couple and fitment is spot on. It just took a while because of the holidays so I took the parts off the website. I got the price down by 120 on the touring paddle and even more on the formula model since it can now be made out of stainless steel. So I’m happy with how the mustang series is now because it was expensive when I first launched. Now I’m working on paddles for my friends Audi.
Glad to hear it. Tolerance is everything, especially on a part with such small hardware. I'll probably be hitting you up when taxes roll around...whatever doesn't get swallowed by the wedding budget 😄. I think this is an awesome statement piece that really makes the car stand out from the thousands on the road. Is love to showcase these on IG as well...Thanks for the feedback bud.

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yea no problem, follow us on IG/FB @materialspeeddesigns. Also I know what you mean about wedding budgets. I'm getting married this year and lets just say I didn't know a cake can cost this much. I've been eyeing rims for the past year and every free amount of money I have gets sucked up into the wedding budget lol.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
That's why I never married, lol! jk...I'm not on IG or FB but I was wondering, can you do these in colors...meaning something close to Lightning Blue?

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea no problem, follow us on IG/FB @materialspeeddesigns. Also I know what you mean about wedding budgets. I'm getting married this year and lets just say I didn't know a cake can cost this much. I've been eyeing rims for the past year and every free amount of money I have gets sucked up into the wedding budget lol.
Nice congrats dude! Gave you a follow (@spydr_gt). I'll be in touch

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
That's why I never married, lol! jk...I'm not on IG or FB but I was wondering, can you do these in colors...meaning something close to Lightning Blue?
Unfortunately no, with my old vendor I was able to do a bronze and a black but with the new vendor I can only do nickel silver. You could get them powder coated but if I were to do it then the cost would be much higher.

WarMachine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 10R80 Iconic Silver
Unfortunately no, with my old vendor I was able to do a bronze and a black but with the new vendor I can only do nickel silver. You could get them powder coated but if I were to do it then the cost would be much higher.
Does yoru site reflect the new pricing ? I have been looking at your work for a while and would like to see the new versions from the new vendor and cost.

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Does yoru site reflect the new pricing ? I have been looking at your work for a while and would like to see the new versions from the new vendor and cost.
Yes! All the pictures posted are from the new vendors and I test everything before I send it out. Also you can look on ig @materialspeeddesigns for more pics. I just released the final design for the mustang and everything is 10% off through March. Please read the lead times associated with the parts! Hit me up if you need anything else!

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
These look real nice.
They are! Nice meaty feeling, not lightweight flimsy like the plastic factory ones. Just enough larger without being over bearing like many add on ones are IMHO.
Sponsored