OP
cib24

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Many thanks for all this information @cib

Is this from an official PDF or where is this from?
Direct from Ford UK. Doc's just released today to dealers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cib24

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Dang, so about the same as America, but in pounds?? That’s pretty pricey
Yes, but that is the On the road price, fully taxed and registered and ready to drive away. I understand in the USA cars are listed with a price before delivery, tax and registration since each State is different.

Plus, unfortunately our sales tax in the UK is 20%. In the US I understand that this is 0-10% depending on the State which is a huge difference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cib24

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
About what I was expecting............although, as much as I love the Mach 1, it looks poor value compare to the outgoing Bullitt.

With S650 coming for the '23MY, I suspect we'll see these with 0% finance offers for the last 12 months of S550 production.

It's still the most desirable S550 so far though, in my eyes.
To be fair, the Bullitt is terrible value to a GT. It's just a few badges and styling cues to be honest. The GT350 manifold is not any better than the 2018+ GT manifold, and the throttle body and open filter intake is technically inferior to a closed box.

The Mach 1 is definitely the best spec ever released to the UK but yes, you're going to pay for it as it's not just a badge exercise like the Bullitt.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Full document and guide here:

Attachments

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
Hm, this document does not clarify the question regarding clutch-type differential vs. torsen differential. Still hoping, we will get the torsen differential in the EU.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cib24

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Hm, this document does not clarify the question regarding clutch-type differential vs. torsen differential. Still hoping, we will get the torsen differential in the EU.
It's a clutch type. Answer straight from headquarters.

IMG-20201121-WA0034.jpg
IMG-20201127-WA0003.jpg

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
Oh, noooo... :crying:

But many thanks to @cib24 for this (final) clarification!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
What a stupid decision from Ford. So you really pay a lot of money for the EU Mach 1 that can not even close to perform what the US model delivers (downgraded power + bad axle ratio for manuals + no handling package). And we will have to see if the Mach 1 will sound as good here.

And you probably still have to mod some things like lowering the car and add spacers, since the car will not look like a proper track-ready car from the factory.

I still will most likely my Camaro SS next year. Mach 1 with Handling Package and Torsten Diff in the manual would really be attractive. But a used GT350, ZL1 or C8 just look like the better deal honestly.

OP
OP
cib24

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
What a stupid decision from Ford. So you really pay a lot of money for the EU Mach 1 that can not even close to perform what the US model delivers (downgraded power + bad axle ratio for manuals + no handling package). And we will have to see if the Mach 1 will sound as good here.

And you probably still have to mod some things like lowering the car and add spacers, since the car will not look like a proper track-ready car from the factory.

I still will most likely my Camaro SS next year. Mach 1 with Handling Package and Torsten Diff in the manual would really be attractive. But a used GT350, ZL1 or C8 just look like the better deal honestly.
I don't disagree with you but keep in mind at least the following:

1. Export markets get most of the handling pack. All we don't get are Cup 2 tyres and the GT350 rear spoiler with gurney flap. We get the rest of the handling pack changes such as the front and rear diffuser and suspension upgrades.

2. The hp difference is not as great as it first seems US cars are rated at 480hp on 93/94 octane which is equivalent to 99 octane in Europe. The export cars are rated at 460hp on the equivalent of 91 US octane - 95 octane overseas. Thus, the hp difference is likely less than 10jp in reality and a lot of that is down to the manifold and catalyst/OPF design requirements.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
1. Export markets get most of the handling pack. All we don't get are Cup 2 tyres and the GT350 rear spoiler with gurney flap. We get the rest of the handling pack changes such as the front and rear diffuser and suspension upgrades.
Afaik the handling package includes:
  • The special wheels on Cup 2s
  • Adjustable top strut mounts
  • GT500 spoiler with gurney flap
  • Special chassis tuning - Whatever this means
  • Additional front splitter
None of that is in the EU Models?

2. The hp difference is not as great as it first seems US cars are rated at 480hp on 93/94 octane which is equivalent to 99 octane in Europe. The export cars are rated at 460hp on the equivalent of 91 US octane - 95 octane overseas. Thus, the hp difference is likely less than 10jp in reality and a lot of that is down to the manifold and catalyst/OPF design requirements.
Yes, the difference might not be as big as it sounds in reality with premium fuel. But still I think about all the current EU GTs that are more 5s to 60 cars than the 4s to 60 cars as it's was marketed in the US. The hp loss combined with slower axle ratio will surely cost you some acceleration power. For 70k€ a high 4s is just not a good number for todays market (where you can get a slightly used AMG C63S fo the money which most likely outrun the track ready EU Mach1 in every number)

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
cib24

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Afaik the handling package includes:
  • The special wheels on Cup 2s
  • Adjustable top strut mounts
  • GT500 spoiler with gurney flap
  • Special chassis tuning - Whatever this means
  • Additional front splitter
None of that is in the EU Models?

Yes, the difference might not be as big as it sounds in reality with premium fuel. But still I think about all the current EU GTs that are more 5s to 60 cars than the 4s to 60 cars as it's was marketed in the US. The hp loss combined with slower axle ratio will surely cost you some acceleration power. For 70k€ a high 4s is just not a good number for todays market (where you can get a slightly used AMG C63S fo the money which most likely outrun the track ready EU Mach1 in every number)
The spec shows we get the belly pan/front splitter and chassis tuning, but do miss out on the others you mention.

I also agree, the 3.55 diff ratio isn't great but the Mustangs before this had the MT82-D4 which can be primarily blamed for the slower 60ft times. The gearing was simply too long. The Tremec changes that of course to a degree.

Also, there is almost no one that can launch a manual Mustang well. The fucker axle hops all the damn time whether on a prepped surface or not. Clearly any drag racer is better off with the auto as it leads to way less driveline shock.

It's the in-gear acceleration most people will care about. In Europe and the UK we don't have straight roads and many traffic lights to drag race from anyway. It's all curvy roads and roundabouts (even our motorways have turns).

I agree with you that it's a lot of money for a car that is only 85% of the US car but it's always been this way, and it will still be the best Mustang to buy unless you want to import a GT350 which will cost more to do by the time you ship, pay taxes and register it, and it will be a left hooker in a right hand drive market. Nor will it have any warranty or parts support as you'll always need to buy bits from US Ford or US shops.

1606497966279.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black

[/QUOT

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Hi Ace , could you explain "the bad axle ratio for manuals". chers tom

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Ace , could you explain "the bad axle ratio for manuals". chers tom
In the UK (and other global markets), both the auto and manual variants get 3.55 rear gears, whereas in freedomland, our manuals get 3.73 rear gears, which is a more ideal gearset for the manual transmission

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
When do we think we’ll start to see the Mach 1 in the UK?
Sponsored