Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
That's interesting. When the press releases first came out in June they claimed that to get the appearance pkg, you had to get the handling pkg, and to get the handling pkg you could only get the Tremec.

I guess I'll find out Monday when my order gets written. I noticed Gregg's order doesn't mention the handling pkg. I assumed appearance/handling were being used as interchangeable names.
According to today’s post by Ford, the handling package cannot be ordered until January 2021. On another forum, the guy that posts the order guides equated a handling package allocation to the painted stripe allocation on a GT500. So if you’re looking for a handling package car, ask the dealer if they were allocated any painted stripe GT500’s (not the vinyl stripes) or forged aluminum rim Raptors (similar limited commodity allocations) for 2020.
Sponsored

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
Beautiful looking order sheet! I have an appointment set for Monday afternoon to order mine. I need (and actually want) to go with the 10R80 so I won't be able to get the appearance package. Was there any discussion about a DMA?
I have bought many vehicles from this dealer and sent them many A and X plan customers . Deal is MSRP or less. Not in writing but they know I will not pay ADM.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
According to today’s post by Ford, the handling package cannot be ordered until January 2021. On another forum, the guy that posts the order guides equated a handling package allocation to the painted stripe allocation on a GT500. So if you’re looking for a handling package car, ask the dealer if they were allocated any painted stripe GT500’s (not the vinyl stripes) or forged aluminum rim Raptors (similar limited commodity allocations) for 2020.
How many painted stripe 500’s have there been? I’m going to lose my shit if an HP car is some unobtainable item that is next to impossible to get an allocation for if you’re working with a small town dealer

SGT4012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT
I went to a dealer to order my Mach1 this afternoon. Pricing they gave me was consistent with what Gregg showed last week on his order. I opted not to get the Appearance package and went with Iconic Silver w/black and red accent striping instead. I was a little annoyed by Ford wanting $495 for red brake calipers but I got past that. What I could not accept was the $5000 ADM markup the dealer wanted. So I walked. When I got home I called another dealer and they did everything over the phone with me with NO ADM. I am going there tomorrow to sign the papers and drop off a check for the deposit.

BTW: Both dealers mentioned there will supposedly be very tight allocations for the Mach. They each expect to get only one. Nothing at all was known by either place about actual availability of the Performance Package.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I went to a dealer to order my Mach1 this afternoon. Pricing they gave me was consistent with what Gregg showed last week on his order. I opted not to get the Appearance package and went with Iconic Silver w/black and red accent striping instead. I was a little annoyed by Ford wanting $495 for red brake calipers but I got past that. What I could not accept was the $5000 ADM markup the dealer wanted. So I walked. When I got home I called another dealer and they did everything over the phone with me with NO ADM. I am going there tomorrow to sign the papers and drop off a check for the deposit.

BTW: Both dealers mentioned there will supposedly be very tight allocations for the Mach. They each expect to get only one. Nothing at all was known by either place about actual availability of the Performance Package.
That’s great to hear, I need limited production to justify paying msrp for a car for the first time ever in my 42 years of life!
Just placed my order this afternoon....
$56,995
Black/red pinstripes
700a
Auto
Red Brembos
Wheel upgrade

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That doesn’t seem right. I think they are trying to justify demanding msrp or adm by saying it’s going to be hard to get. No way Ford is only sending 1 to each dealer. A dealer local to me has sold 5 gt500’s this year. And we’re supposed to believe they would only get 1 of these? If ford was going to limit this to approx. 3k cars it would have been much more special than it is. It would not have the bullitt engine. This is going to be as common as the bullitt. I could see even more Mach 1’s being built than bullitts

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
That doesn’t seem right. I think they are trying to justify demanding msrp or adm by saying it’s going to be hard to get. No way Ford is only sending 1 to each dealer. A dealer local to me has sold 5 gt500’s this year. And we’re supposed to believe they would only get 1 of these? If ford was going to limit this to approx. 3k cars it would have been much more special than it is. It would not have the bullitt engine. This is going to be as common as the bullitt. I could see even more Mach 1’s being built than bullitts
I agree. My speculation is that the base model Mach 1s will be fairly available. Now it looks like they will make the Handling Package the limited one.

SGT4012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT
That’s great to hear, I need limited production to justify paying msrp for a car for the first time ever in my 42 years of life!
Just placed my order this afternoon....
$56,995
Black/red pinstripes
700a
Auto
Red Brembos
Wheel upgrade
That's exactly what my order sheet is showing! I've paid full MSRP only once before and that's for the '07 Shelby I still own. The only negotiating point for it was how much I got (or didn't get) for my trade-in. Is this a great country or what!

It will be interesting to watch how the allocations really work out. The dealer who doesn't want an ADM claims he initially only got one Bullitt last year, but ended up getting one more later on.

The dealer who wants the ADM claims that Ford is charging him $4000 to be a "Shelby dealer" (and he gets a $7000 ADM for a GT500) but hasn't yet heard if he's going to get a similar charge from Ford for being able to sell the Mach. Claims he'll know by Monday. I plan on having bad news for him on Monday.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. My speculation is that the base model Mach 1s will be fairly available. Now it looks like they will make the Handling Package the limited one.
I’ve been told by someone that the HP cars will be equivalent to getting a 350r and the base car = base 350
I think that is mostly true, but with overall higher production rate compared to the Shelby

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’ve been told by someone that the HP cars will be equivalent to getting a 350r and the base car = base 350
I think that is mostly true, but with overall higher production rate compared to the Shelby
Keep in mind the Shelby became a 5+ year run, the Mach 1 will only be 2. There will be far less of them. Hopefully everyone who wants one new will be able to get them.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind the Shelby became a 5+ year run, the Mach 1 will only be 2. There will be far less of them. Hopefully everyone who wants one new will be able to get them.
I should clarify........total production will be less but yearly production will be at or above the shelby. And The percentage of HP cars will be similar to the R

SGT4012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT
Done! My Mach is ordered. And unlike the dealer I went to yesterday, the dealer through whom I ordered today did not charge me any kind of ADM. As expected, the order sheet total is $56,995.
Interesting point, the sheet I actually signed had a second column of figures that reflected invoice pricing. Total invoice for this vehicle was shown as $54,197. So the markup doesn't appear to be outrageous. The dealer said he didn't know yet what the holdback he'll get from Ford will be, but he did say that his holdback for the GT500 is only around $2500 (he sold 3 this year).

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Wow - $50K + for what was generally considered the "blue-collar" performance Mustang. IMO not a "bad deal" because it has a lot of good bits, but not the "bang for the buck" champ either.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the BMW M2 auto -$65k
These high performance special cars are in this price range now.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Look at the BMW M2 auto -$65k
These high performance special cars are in this price range now.
Agreed. The Mustang does not live in a bubble.

18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The valuation analysts at Kelley Blue Book today reported the estimated average transaction price for a light vehicle in the United States was $37,851 in January 2020. New-vehicle prices increased $1,296 (up 3.5%) from January 2019, while falling $806 (down 2.1%) from last month.Feb 18, 2020

So an average car costs $37851. A Mustang GT with A10 and 301a is $40,670. Not so bad. Now if you want all the bells and whistles they are going to cost you. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy a $53k Mach 1.
Sponsored