mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Only concern with S&S is the ACC. One of my only planned cosmetic mods is the Ikon Motorsports GT500 bumper, and I've gotten mixed messages on whether it plays nice with the ACC system -- not that I'd use it, but I don't want it throwing codes all day.
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Oh I'm getting an auto. Tried learning manual in friends' cars from time to time, and one day would like to actually learn, but as of now wouldn't be the right plan haha.

Sounds like the decision is pretty clear at this point: get the green machine without PP, add parts later.
Rip off the bandaid and have some courage. It's an easy car to drive and learn stick on. I taught a colleague in a matter of 2 hours.

There are a lot of parts that you don't get without the PP. Many are challenging or quite expensive to swap. Just keep that in mind. The torsen diff, brakes, chin splitter and belly pan (with brake cooling ducts), EPAS and TC/SC tuning and radiator being the most notable.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hey All! Just in advance want to thank the community for all their help and well wishes in helping me find the right vehicle.

Currently wheeling and dealing making calls etc. trying to find the right config on a lot. First choice is Grabber Lime but could easily go with another Oxford White; if it weren't for the buyback would have been perfectly happy with the color I have now.

It seems my options are out-of-state or ordering a 2021 in a different color if it comes to that. Either is fine; as others have said you gotta get what you want -- a month's headache for the perfect config is worth years of no regrets for sure.

Hope y'all are having an amazing weekend. :)

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Also something else I noticed during my research. With the 401a package I lose my extra blind spot mirror as it's replaced by BLIS. However from what I've seen this is a new thing? I.e. for 2018 you could get BLIS with the dual side-mirror set up.

Ideally I'd have both--BLIS and the extra mirror. However, if I have to choose I'm leaning towards the extra mirror; I have it currently and really like how it adds extra confidence, but is largely an analog item.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Also something else I noticed during my research. With the 401a package I lose my extra blind spot mirror as it's replaced by BLIS. However from what I've seen this is a new thing? I.e. for 2018 you could get BLIS with the dual side-mirror set up.

Ideally I'd have both--BLIS and the extra mirror. However, if I have to choose I'm leaning towards the extra mirror; I have it currently and really like how it adds extra confidence, but is largely an analog item.
Nope it’s one or the other. If you properly set your mirrors the extra mirror becomes redundant anyway. BLIS is an absolute must have. It’s not a gimmick. I consider myself a very alert driver and it has saved my ass on more than one occasion.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
A little more on the “get what you want the first time” theory...

In 2007 I decided to buy a used 2003 Cobra. I wanted Torch Red with the 10th Anniversary package. The only one I could find was in Chicago, about a 10 hour drive away. It only had 4,000 miles on it so I took a chance and bought it sight-unseen via phone calls, emails and faxes. Spent I think an extra $1000 to have it shipped to me by, ironically, Horseless Carriage:

https://www.horselesscarriage.com/

What I didn’t expect was how exciting and memorable delivery day was. They asked me to take delivery in a local shopping center parking lot. Waiting for the truck was like waiting for Christmas! It pulled in and a few curious folks gathered around. They pulled out 2 or 3 cars to get to mine. Seeing it ease out the back of the truck was like unwrapping a gift. Signed a form and drove it home. One of my favorite days of my life!

I kept that Terminator for 6 years and had to sell it with only 19K miles on it because money got tight. I never wanted to trade it for something else because I got exactly what I wanted the first time.

To a lesser extent I have no desire to trade in my Silverado for the same reason. I drove 5 hrs to get it but that one annoying day was well worth it.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Nope it’s one or the other. If you properly set your mirrors the extra mirror becomes redundant anyway. BLIS is an absolute must have. It’s not a gimmick. I consider myself a very alert driver and it has saved my ass on more than one occasion.
Strongly disagree. The convex mirrors give you a much wider field of view, even when setting your mirrors properly. BLIS is one of the few options I'd want to get rid of on the premium pack, if I had it. Between the backup cam for parking clearance and the mirrors as equipped, I've never had a blindspot issue in this car with 5.5 years of ownership and 87k miles.

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah as the arguments for and against show, I'm definitely on the fence about it.

I also wanted to add mangeride for my replacement but am now leaning against it. I'm sure it will work great for a few years and is definitely an elevated experience, but this is a long-term car for me ideally if it can be, and the complexity of it will make it difficult and expensive to repair down the road.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Strongly disagree. The convex mirrors give you a much wider field of view, even when setting your mirrors properly. BLIS is one of the few options I'd want to get rid of on the premium pack, if I had it. Between the backup cam for parking clearance and the mirrors as equipped, I've never had a blindspot issue in this car with 5.5 years of ownership and 87k miles.
You are correct about the field of view as I have them on my wife’s Escape. But that mirror comes into play when you are looking at them. BLIS comes into play during the millisecond It take between your looking straight ahead and starting to look for at your mirrors. I’d love to have both, but if I could only have one, it would be BLIS.

Sponsored

T2K5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 F150 SCREW 3.5EB, 2017 Toyota 86, 2004 Mustang Mach1, 2019 BMW S1000RR
Hey All!

So my vehicle has been approved for buyback and I was looking into getting a replacement via custom order. Order was submitted earlier this week, but word from Ford is that they're not making any more PP1 cars for 2020.

I have essentially one day to make a decision -- do I get non-PP with grabber lime, and buy performance parts aftermarket, or make the gamble on another paint color and paint to grabber lime if I want to at a later date? Any and all feedback welcome!
I don’t know how far you are willing to travel, or if you would take a PP2 car. The Ford dealer in Fort Pierce Florida had a New Lime green PP2 MT-82 car on the lot Friday.
Oh, forgot to add; the color that I want, grabber lime, ends in 2020. So I guess my question is: given this issue, would it be easier to repaint the car later (if I decide it's what I want) or add the performance parts?

I always feel like paint is such a difficult thing to get right, and the performance part addons would be more clearcut. Then again, I'm worried about warranty with performance parts.
Hey All!

So my vehicle has been approved for buyback and I was looking into getting a replacement via custom order. Order was submitted earlier this week, but word from Ford is that they're not making any more PP1 cars for 2020.

I have essentially one day to make a decision -- do I get non-PP with grabber lime, and buy performance parts aftermarket, or make the gamble on another paint color and paint to grabber lime if I want to at a later date? Any and all feedback welcome!

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hey yeah I'd figure I'd give some more updates;

I'd love a PP2 but I never learned stick and regardless live near Los Angeles so traffic would make it a rough go.

Honestly I've found a few options already. Only issue is getting Ford RAV to follow up and get this moving. I want my replacement, dealers want a sale, but RAV is holding up the whole process.

Also, for anyone curious, when you're doing a buyback you need to be VERY careful about price if you got any discounts going in.

Also, a few of my candidates are part of the brakepedal assembly recall; a little squeamish about pulling the trigger on a vehicle involved in that.

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Okay, so another snag:

It seems like I'm in some sort of limbo with the buyback. It's been approved; but they're still "running the numbers" and I haven't gotten an offer packet yet. It seems like until that happens looking for any vehicle is a rather futile effort.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so another snag:

It seems like I'm in some sort of limbo with the buyback. It's been approved; but they're still "running the numbers" and I haven't gotten an offer packet yet. It seems like until that happens looking for any vehicle is a rather futile effort.
Can you just have them give you a new replacement same features but new year in your color choice?

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@FreePenguin first choice if I want a change of pace color-wise is grabber lime which is discontinued for 2021MY. I was actually looking forward to Grabber Yellow, but it just needs a little more green in my opinion to be perfect.

However, getting a white 2021 would be totally fine; it'll just be a long while until I'd actually be able to drive it. Although I did see yesterday that it looks like 2021's have a lot more tech in them and I'd rather mine have as little extra doo-dads as possible.
Sponsored