Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP order, build & delivery! (video)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
In this video, we have a look at the ordering process, terms, codes & timeline. This covers what to expect as well as the difference between the base model and the Carbon Fiber Track Pack. I explain my drop ship agreement and how I avoided additional shipping charges. We see my actual car going down the assembly line, its first start at Flat Rock, we talk train tracking and then go to pick up my car at the dealer!

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Great documentation and story!!

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Sponsored

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Awesome video!

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Very well done and looks like a great delivery experience. However, did you end up with a scratch on your right rear quarter panel (30:23)?

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Very well done and looks like a great delivery experience. However, did you end up with a scratch on your right rear quarter panel (30:23)?
No scratches that I have observed yet. You are seeing a reflection line in the paint. I washed the car the night I got it and it’s been on my lift since. I removed the suspension spacers and got the splitter installed yesterday. More work today. I’ll eventually drive it!

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No scratches that I have observed yet. You are seeing a reflection line in the paint. I washed the car the night I got it and it’s been on my lift since. I removed the suspension spacers and got the splitter installed yesterday. More work today. I’ll eventually drive it!
Awesome. Congrats again.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just a terrific job with respect to your presentation and detailed dialogue which includes pertinent information from the original locating/ordering process right through to seeing a great deal of the FRAP assembly process for your 2 seat GT500 and then onto the dealership level and the taking final delivery process.

One observation that I made and probably was not an issue at all for you was when the the final leg delivery was being made by the OTR transport company to your receiving dealership.

I could be wrong but I believe that the Blue Ford decal in the drivers window specifically shows that all GT500's should be loaded facing "Forward Only, Bottom Deck Only" on the truck and of course in the last 3 car positions with your car being loaded in the wrong direction but again probably no issues to your car.

In the case of loading of all GT350's onto OTR transporters those cars are supposed to be loaded in the exact opposite direction to that of the GT500's therefore if a dealership is receiving both a GT500 and a GT350 at the same time technically they should be loaded in opposite directions therefore you have to watch all those truckers!!:giggle:

On another note and with the amount of money that you invested in this car (CF wheels) and on many other vehicles that you have I would encourage you to possibly look at installing an "E Track Cargo Tie Down System" in your trailer especially if you are transporting any of your cars a long distance and can tell you that I have learned the hard way.

Again, a terrific video and really like the Rapid Red Metallic paint and Black painted OTT stripes a great deal therefore congratulations on owning one of these bad boy GT500's!!

:clap::clap:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Just a terrific job with respect to your presentation and detailed dialogue which includes pertinent information from the original locating/ordering process right through to seeing a great deal of the FRAP assembly process for your 2 seat GT500 and then onto the dealership level and the taking final delivery process.

One observation that I made and probably was not an issue at all for you was when the the final leg delivery was being made by the OTR transport company to your receiving dealership.

I could be wrong but I believe that the Blue Ford decal in the drivers window specifically shows that all GT500's should be loaded facing "Forward Only, Bottom Deck Only" on the truck and of course in the last 3 car positions with your car being loaded in the wrong direction but again probably no issues to your car.

In the case of loading of all GT350's onto OTR transporters those cars are supposed to be loaded in the exact opposite direction to that of the GT500's therefore if a dealership is receiving both a GT500 and a GT350 at the same time technically they should be loaded in opposite directions therefore you have to watch all those truckers!!:giggle:

On another note and with the amount of money that you invested in this car (CF wheels) and on many other vehicles that you have I would encourage you to possibly look at installing an "E Track Cargo Tie Down System" in your trailer especially if you are transporting any of your cars a long distance and can tell you that I have learned the hard way.

Again, a terrific video and really like the Rapid Red Metallic paint and Black painted OTT stripes a great deal therefore congratulations on owning one of these bad boy GT500's!!

:clap::clap:
Thank you sir! It’s rewarding to see positive feedback when so much time and effort went into making this video. The editing alone takes days. I started the editing well before the car arrived and added the delivery footage at the end.

As for loading on the truck, you are correct. The GT500s should be loaded on the bottom facing forward according to the decal Ford affixes on the driver’s side window. My trucker probably never bothered to look at it. For what it’s worth, my base model arrived facing aft as well. The good news is the train depot is not too far from the dealer lot.

As for the e-track... it would not work in my trailer without some serious mods. I built elevated ramp-overs to raise my Mustangs high enough for the driver’s doors to open into the trailer’s side escape door. The ramp overs were not designed to secure the cars, only to elevate them. I secure the cars with straps through the wheels to D-rings in the floor. The good news once again was the towels worked like a champ and the CF wheels survived the trek blemish free.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thank you sir! It’s rewarding to see positive feedback when so much time and effort went into making this video. The editing alone takes days. I started the editing well before the car arrived and added the delivery footage at the end.

As for loading on the truck, you are correct. The GT500s should be loaded on the bottom facing forward according to the decal Ford affixes on the driver’s side window. My trucker probably never bothered to look at it. For what it’s worth, my base model arrived facing aft as well. The good news is the train depot is not too far from the dealer lot.

As for the e-track... it would not work in my trailer without some serious mods. I built elevated ramp-overs to raise my Mustangs high enough for the driver’s doors to open into the trailer’s side escape door. The ramp overs were not designed to secure the cars, only to elevate them. I secure the cars with straps through the wheels to D-rings in the floor. The good news once again was the towels worked like a champ and the CF wheels survived the trek blemish free.
Your very welcome and even though there are many very informed, intelligent and experienced GT500 owners and enthusiasts on this forum there is no question that you hard work, effort and comprehensive detailed video will not go unnoticed by many new and future GT500/CFTP enthusiasts therefore all that you have provided will be a great help to them going forward.

FWIW, when my 2020 GT350R recently arrived at my dealership in Arizona it arrived along with a GT500 also for that same dealership with both cars facing forward which was the proper loading direction for the GT500 but the wrong loading direction for my GT350R but my car came out okay just as your GT500 did as well.

Totally understand your situation and dilemma with respect to the challenges of modifying your enclosed car trailer with E-Track modifications but certainly something for you to think about going forward especially when taking into consideration your cool corral of cars and if you intend on transporting any of them or other new Pony Cars down the road.

Obviously finances are always an issue for any of us but if you ever get into a position of looking to purchase a new enclosed car trailer I suggest that you take a serious look at an enclosed transport trailer from "RailRyder" with their website being: www.railryder.com

These outstanding enclosed transport trailers eliminate steering in and out, eliminates requiring a helper, mark free tie down system, crawling out of a window, laying down to secure and a total piece of mind scenario.

I have attached a picture of a 2017 R that I sold to a great friend of mine and his son and you can see exactly how cool this trailer loading and securement system works but of course they are not cheap.

Looking forward to seeing another video of your new 2 seat CFTP car or maybe even a video of a GT350 of some sort sometime down the road!

:like::like:

HR019 - Trailered.jpg

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Your very welcome and even though there are many very informed, intelligent and experienced GT500 owners and enthusiasts on this forum there is no question that you hard work, effort and comprehensive detailed video will not go unnoticed by many new and future GT500/CFTP enthusiasts therefore all that you have provided will be a great help to them going forward.

FWIW, when my 2020 GT350R recently arrived at my dealership in Arizona it arrived along with a GT500 also for that same dealership with both cars facing forward which was the proper loading direction for the GT500 but the wrong loading direction for my GT350R but my car came out okay just as your GT500 did as well.

Totally understand your situation and dilemma with respect to the challenges of modifying your enclosed car trailer with E-Track modifications but certainly something for you to think about going forward especially when taking into consideration your cool corral of cars and if you intend on transporting any of them or other new Pony Cars down the road.

Obviously finances are always an issue for any of us but if you ever get into a position of looking to purchase a new enclosed car trailer I suggest that you take a serious look at an enclosed transport trailer from "RailRyder" with their website being: www.railryder.com

These outstanding enclosed transport trailers eliminate steering in and out, eliminates requiring a helper, mark free tie down system, crawling out of a window, laying down to secure and a total piece of mind scenario.

I have attached a picture of a 2017 R that I sold to a great friend of mine and his son and you can see exactly how cool this trailer loading and securement system works but of course they are not cheap.

Looking forward to seeing another video of your new 2 seat CFTP car or maybe even a video of a GT350 of some sort sometime down the road!

:like::like:

HR019 - Trailered.jpg
That is a cool-ass trailer!

My criteria when buying my trailer was:

20’
V-nose
Dove tail
5400# axles
Driver’s side escape door

I don’t use a trailer more than 1-2 times per year, so I didn’t want a ton of money tied up in one. I was happy to find the one I did used... it was 1 year old and I scored it for $6k. There are far more elaborate trailer options, but I don’t want to spend $20k for something that almost never gets used.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That is a cool-ass trailer!

My criteria when buying my trailer was:

20’
V-nose
Dove tail
5400# axles
Driver’s side escape door

I don’t use a trailer more than 1-2 times per year, so I didn’t want a ton of money tied up in one. I was happy to find the one I did used... it was 1 year old and I scored it for $6k. There are far more elaborate trailer options, but I don’t want to spend $20k for something that almost never gets used.
Totally understood based on your requirements but with this loading, winch and securement system these trailers are about double the amount that you did not want to spend.:wink:

Your did a terrific job of getting your trailer for $6K!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored