Ecoboost High Performance Pkg 0-60 actual

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I find it amazing that there have been so few write up’s on the HPP. Guessing it turned out not to be as popular as many thought. IMHO I still thinks it’s a great car for someone who doesn’t want or need a V8.

My old 15’ EB with the 6R80 could do low to mid fives all day long. I have no doubt that with a broken in motor running on 91/93 sub fives on the street would be possible.
Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I find it amazing that there have been so few write up’s on the HPP. Guessing it turned out not to be as popular as many thought. IMHO I still thinks it’s a great car for someone who doesn’t want or need a V8.

My old 15’ EB with the 6R80 could do low to mid fives all day long. I have no doubt that with a broken in motor running on 91/93 sub fives on the street would be possible.
I am also hoping some HPP owners jump in to give their input in the performance of the car. I , too, am amazed at how there is NOTHING out there lol. Its almost been a year since articles started coming out raving about it but then NADA , ZILCH!
And, based on the video I posted, nothing to be WoW'ed about...even if the guy wasnt pumpin 93!

OP
OP

Knerrpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Fusion Sport
At around minute 2: 45 he shows his ALL BEST TIME RESULTS.
I asked the guy and he said he wasnt pumping 93, he was under the idea that pumping less only affected TORQUE but NOT HORSEPOWER.
IMG-0325.jpg
Thank you. Again, being a newbie, what is meant by "light launch". Does that just mean not stomping the pedal out of the gate but more easing into it (and trying to find the sweet spot)? It is an automatic so I gather there is no "Launch Control" in the Track Apps.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Thank you. Again, being a newbie, what is meant by "light launch". Does that just mean not stomping the pedal out of the gate but more easing into it (and trying to find the sweet spot)? It is an automatic so I gather there is no "Launch Control" in the Track Apps.
You can launch an auto , too.
You put your left foot on the brake and with your right foot bring the rpms up to 1500 rpms (some do 2000 rpms), I found the sweet spot at 1500 rpms. Once youre ready to go, step off the brake.

OP
OP

Knerrpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Fusion Sport
You can launch an auto , too.
You put your left foot on the brake and with your right foot bring the rpms up to 1500 rpms (some do 2000 rpms), I found the sweet spot at 1500 rpms. Once youre ready to go, step off the brake.
Thank you. And thanks, everyone, for the replies. I still would like to see additional times posted.

I guess my big hang up is this:

All things considered, I would have expected a car named Mustang 2.3L Turbo with High Performance Package to be, straight off the lot with a normal driver and driving, faster to 0-60 than a base Altima or Optima. At 6.5 seconds, it's not faster, and its probably slower - it's definitely slower than my Fusion.

It seems you've got to really try (including using only the most expensive gasoline) in order to get this car close to its high performance billing. What I actually really like about this car is that it is NOT a GT (nothing against GTs, I just like to be "a little different"). But, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Get an IC street, it will be fine for that engine, and probably net you some good power/cooling.

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Wasn't it released in October/November last year? Winter time not the best for track tests. Then came Covid. Plus they aren't making that many of them in the first place. (The ones I keep track on inventory sell rather quickly for the most part) The fact that none of the big magazines can't flog one for testing is a little odd. (In fairness they aren't doing much testing on anything these days) They should directly compare one to a base GT just for kicks and giggles. I bet it would surprise a lot of people.

As far as going 0-60 in 6 plus seconds, it's definitely driver issues and/or fuel. This car is better than that.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Thank you. And thanks, everyone, for the replies. I still would like to see additional times posted.

When you say base altima and optima, you mean the naturally aspirated ones with 180 hp , more or less?
Have you test driven them with only 50 miles in the odometer and timed their 0-60s with a GPS performance meter? I am willing to bet that their 0-60s would be way over 7.5 seconds , especially brand new.

Yes, 6.5 seconds is not great. But there are MANY factors to consider other than the fuel in the tank, which , yes, you NEED 93 octane to make its PEAK power at all times.

I understand your disappointment but just one result mean nothing.

Last edited:

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost

All things considered, I would have expected a car named Mustang 2.3L Turbo with High Performance Package to be, straight off the lot with a normal driver and driving, faster to 0-60 than a base Altima or Optima. At 6.5 seconds, it's not faster, and its probably slower - it's definitely slower than my Fusion.

It seems you've got to really try (including using only the most expensive gasoline) in order to get this car close to its high performance billing. What I actually really like about this car is that it is NOT a GT (nothing against GTs, I just like to be "a little different"). But, I'm not sure it's worth it.
My post got all mixed up:

When you say base altima and optima, you mean the naturally aspirated ones with 180 hp , more or less?
Have you test driven them with only 50 miles in the odometer and timed their 0-60s with a GPS performance meter? I am willing to bet that their 0-60s would be way over 8 seconds , especially brand new.

Yes, 6.5 seconds is not great. But there are MANY factors to consider other than the fuel in the tank, which , yes, you NEED 93 octane to make its PEAK power at all times.

I understand your disappointment but just one result mean nothing.

Last edited:

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
With 50 miles, the ECU has not learned the car yet, mine is just now starting to perform the way I expected it and it's at 500 miles. The breakin period is 100 miles of city driving. BTW, no 0-60 runs so far for me, but soon.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Considering the HPP is same price as V8. I bet not a lot of people bought this one.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

This is how a lot of performance cars act. To get the claimed times out of a 911 for example you have to use launch control otherwise theyre a full second or so slower to 60.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Considering the HPP is same price as V8. I bet not a lot of people bought this one.
I have seen them all over the place, but mainly driven by older people its weird seeing grandmas driving one going like 5mph under speed limit.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wasn't it released in October/November last year? Winter time not the best for track tests. Then came Covid. Plus they aren't making that many of them in the first place. (The ones I keep track on inventory sell rather quickly for the most part) The fact that none of the big magazines can't flog one for testing is a little odd. (In fairness they aren't doing much testing on anything these days) They should directly compare one to a base GT just for kicks and giggles. I bet it would surprise a lot of people.
I hear what your saying but what about social media and YouTube? Virtually nothing. Dealers are not ordering them for their stock and very few are being custom ordered. I asked my dealer about this last time I was there (last week).

I understand what you want but your expectations are way to high. You need to read up more about the 2.3 Ecoboost before coming to conclusions that are incorrect. Drive a EB HPP with some miles on it and with the correct fuel and I guarantee your opinion will change.

I agree. Honestly I though that maybe the 4 cyl. turbo crowd would have more interest but I guess not.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Not true, base HPP with Handling Package $36,250. Base GT with Magneride $45,965. Even if you take out the Magneride, the base GT is $4k more.
Sponsored