Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So happy to hear this, Harry and thanks for sharing your observations about the 2020 model handling. Can't wait to see pictures.
Got up early this morning and headed out at 7:00 AM with my wife in our HEP R and decided to head to some higher elevation for some cooler weather as it was ~95 F. when we left home in Florence this morning and when we arrived at some of the locations such as Superior, Miami and Globe the temperature was down to 83 F. which was a terrific change for us.:like::like:

Along the way I took some pictures of a permanently closed auto dealership in Globe as I like the name of it and was very impressed with the condition of all the buildings in spite of it being closed for some time.

Based on some quick research it looks to have originally opened in May 1950 some 70 years ago and believe that originally this dealership was a Cadillac and Chevrolet dealership when it was open.

From there we turned around and headed towards Tucson on State Route 79 as I wanted to view the monument built for the silent film star Tom Mix (that was his real name) who was the King of the Cowboys back in the day.

Tom Mix was killed in an automobile accident not far from Florence on October, 12th 1940 almost 80 years ago when he was driving his 1937 Cord 812 Phaeton which was an outstanding and very fast automobile back then which included front wheel drive, independent front suspension and a supercharged engine.

The 1937 Cord 812 Phaeton was quite the hotrod of it's day with Tom Mix also be a very interesting and colorful individual as well!

All in all we put on ~175 miles today and had a terrific time and really continued to notice some of the differences between my 2018 R and my 2020 R in terms of handling, steering, clutch feel and sound as I drove my R's back to back today once we got home with the 2020 R.

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming HEP R and some pictures down the road!!

:)

2020-08-02 08.40.04.jpg
2020-08-02 08.41.06.jpg
2020-08-02 08.44.13.jpg
2020-08-02 10.09.20.jpg
2020-08-02 10.10.07.jpg
Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Good Day Harry, Great to see that you & Lynn have the new R at home. To let you know Shelly & I when in Arizona a handful of years ago stayed a night in Globe & traveled around that area for a day checking some of the landmarks. We really enjoyed the state parks & exploring some of the wild west areas of south eastern Arizona. Have you had the chance to visit L'il Abners outdoor open pit steak house while in Tucson?

Been away from the forum here for a few weeks now & have not kept up & wondering if the stripes are painted on your HEP R yet? Picture are GREAT!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Good Day Harry, Great to see that you & Lynn have the new R at home. To let you know Shelly & I when in Arizona a handful of years ago stayed a night in Globe & traveled around that area for a day checking some of the landmarks. We really enjoyed the state parks & exploring some of the wild west areas of south eastern Arizona. Have you had the chance to visit L'il Abners outdoor open pit steak house while in Tucson?

Been away from the forum here for a few weeks now & have not kept up & wondering if the stripes are painted on your HEP R yet? Picture are GREAT!
Rex, the Globe and Miami areas has some great history for sure along with the Florence area also having some terrific history as well with the likes of Tom Mix.

The OTT painted stripes have been on hold for a short while as the body shop manager was away for a couple of weeks when I picked up my car and will proceed to see if he is back next week?

Continued good health and safety to you and Shelly!

:fingerscrossed:

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350, 2017 gt350. 2007 gt500 2005 gt
Great to hear that Bennett Dunlop has treated you well!:like::like:

With respect to Mackie Transportation I have had only one dealing with them and that was when I purchased the attached 1968 RS/SS Camaro L78 (396/375 HP) from a great friend of mine in Winnipeg back in 1989 and wanted it shipped to Langley, B.C.

This car was totally original and unmolested and had just ~26,000 miles on it from new and just had to have it and proceeded to arrange for Mackie Transportation to pickup this totally original car in an enclosed auto transport trailer.

Back at that time Mackie was big into household moving and was just getting into the auto transport business therefore I thought that I would give them a try as they had been around and in business for about 60 years up to point.

The good news was that they showed up in Winnipeg with a 48' enclosed car trailer but what they failed to tell me was that they did not have any trailers with hydraulic lift gates therefore they proceeded to put narrow steel ramps (~14" wide) in place from the ground level all of the way up to the top level of this 48' trailer and proceeded to drive my car in reverse all of the way up the ramps to the top loading level.:curse:

Keep in mind that back in 1968 Chevrolet did not allow automatic transmissions with any of the L78 engines therefore the transport driver had to ride the clutch on this car all of the way from the ground level up to the top level of their trailer after which time the clutch was smoking heavily and I did not find out any of this until later on as my good friend in Winnipeg thought that I was fully aware of what type of equipment that I had ordered from Mackie Transportation.

Without a doubt this was the best Chevrolet and/or GM car that I have ever owned and kept it for quite a few years and should never have sold it.:crying:

After that incident I never used them again and gave TFX International all of my business both domestically and cross border.

Obviously that was some ~31 years ago and suggest that you will not have any issues but do hope that Mackie Transportation is supplying you with an enclosed car trailer and not an open car trailer for your beautiful 2020 GT350 HEP?

Good luck and congratulations on securing one of the very few HEP GT350's allocated to Canada!

:clap::clap:

'68 Camaro.jpeg
'68 Camaro - 1.jpeg
'68 Camaro - 2.jpeg
Wow that’s a beautiful car! I’m a big fan of the Camaro with the 396 and someday would love to own a 1967 marina blue Chevelle with that motor. I can only imagine your friends anguish watching that car being loaded!
I sure hope that Mackie have evolved over the years . They move a lot of the vintage and specialty cars up here in Canada. They are using an enclosed trailer and bringing it right to my driveway. ETA Aug 10th.

I am enjoying the posts on the members recent deliveries and driving impressions of their 350/350R’s.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Wow that’s a beautiful car! I’m a big fan of the Camaro with the 396 and someday would love to own a 1967 marina blue Chevelle with that motor. I can only imagine your friends anguish watching that car being loaded!
I sure hope that Mackie have evolved over the years . They move a lot of the vintage and specialty cars up here in Canada. They are using an enclosed trailer and bringing it right to my driveway. ETA Aug 10th.

I am enjoying the posts on the members recent deliveries and driving impressions of their 350/350R’s.
Very happy to hear that Mackie is using an enclosed trailer for your HEP GT350 as it certainly deserves it and am confident that they will do a terrific job for you.

Yes, that was quite the conversation that Dan and I had after the car was loaded in Winnipeg which included not only the clutch smoking like a forest fire but the driver also managed to mess up the sidewalls on 2 of my Redline tires during the loading process.

Of course that was 31 years ago and was devastating at the time but now look back on it and have to actually chuckle as to what happened with my car way back in 1989.

Once you get your car home and have a chance to take it out for a ride I suggest that you will be very impressed with the look, feel, steering, braking, handling and performance of these cool cars!

Sponsored

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
I installed some Signature SV704 19x11 wheels I scored from the forum. Tires are 305/30r19 cup 2’s all around. I powder coated the wheels gold because I’m a sucker for gold wheels on cars (I know it’s divisive).

I think they turned out awesome on the Wimbledon white.

Weight of stock rear wheel and tire = 60.5 pounds
Weight of new rear wheel and tires = 49.5 pounds
Weights taken on the same bathroom scale. Even plus or minus 15% that is an incredible savings!

Unfortunately when I was swapping wheels I noticed my drivers side rear axle boot is spraying grease alllll over the place. There was a ton of grease on the inside barrel of the stock wheel. Car has 1500 miles. Sucks I have to take it to a dealer for the problem.
B7CE4993-B7FD-4F83-97DB-75205402AB0C.jpeg
C0CBD00E-2928-46D2-8649-7579BF52846E.jpeg
DBFE579D-E689-4DB4-A5CC-D1DFDA92500C.jpeg

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Harry, looks like Mackie has proper transporters now. I actually see them running around Whitby/Oshawa area from time to time. GM used to use them to transport Camaros to car shows when Camaro production was in Oshawa.
8BBD43C6-9F1B-4FAA-83D2-6926EFE357CC.png

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry, looks like Mackie has proper transporters now. I actually see them running around Whitby/Oshawa area from time to time. GM used to use them to transport Camaros to car shows when Camaro production was in Oshawa.
8BBD43C6-9F1B-4FAA-83D2-6926EFE357CC.png
Bill, I am sure that Mackie nowadays are a well respected and reputable enclosed car carrier but back in 1989 they were more involved in household moves and just getting into the auto hauling business and have obviously given Wally and Adam a run for their money at TFX especially over the last decade or so.

Hope that your R model is running well and that you and your family in Oshawa are all safe and healthy!

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
My wife and I went out for a cruise on a stunning Utah evening. Cruised through Park City, up through Hideout, into Kamas, and through Woodland before heading back home. Pics don't do the car justice. Such an amazing driving car. And I am with PPO0O1--dead straight tracking, great road feel and handling, and of course that motor.
IMG_1455.jpeg
IMG_1457.jpeg

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Thanks to the Group Buy we managed to put together with @50 Deep for HEP owners, I was able to place an order for some Signature sv902s today. I opted for 20 inch in gloss black.

Setup will look exactly like this GT500: Wheels of Fortune - Signature Wheels

If all goes well, the car and the wheels should arrive around the same time.

To say I'm delighted would be an understatement

Sponsored

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Thanks to the Group Buy we managed to put together with @50 Deep for HEP owners, I was able to place an order for some Signature sv902s today. I opted for 20 inch in gloss black.

Setup will look exactly like this GT500: Wheels of Fortune - Signature Wheels

If all goes well, the car and the wheels should arrive around the same time.

To say I'm delighted would be an understatement
That still open and what is/was the pricing?

Hawaii-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2011 Raptor, 1989 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
LR045 (VIN 1455) arrived safe and well in the Aloha state. Unfortunately Hawaii requires a front license plate and there is absolutely no way they are drilling in the front bumper, so I need to wait for my Storage-N-Sho license plate to come in tomorrow before I can drive it off the lot. Sooo beautiful in person. Pictures are hard to capture the visual appeal.
IMG_2702.jpg
IMG_2703.jpg

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
LR045 (VIN 1455) arrived safe and well in the Aloha state. Unfortunately Hawaii requires a front license plate and there is absolutely no way they are drilling in the front bumper, so I need to wait for my Storage-N-Sho license plate to come in tomorrow before I can drive it off the lot. Sooo beautiful in person. Pictures are hard to capture the visual appeal.
Congratulations. I’m LR044. So this one was right behind mine.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
You may find the sto-n-sho bracket sits too low on your R and scrapes on everything.
Sponsored