Warm Air Coming Into Cabin

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red 5.0 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi all, whenever I have just the outside air coming into the cabin, it is always warm. Where I live it is winter now, so the outside air is cool, but the air coming in is still warm, so I usually have to have the air con on constantly.

Presumably the air is getting heated by the engine some how on the way in. Does any body know of a mod to make where by the cabin receives true outside air temperature?

I have never had this with any other vehicle before.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
You may have trouble with the temperature control door in the air handler not fully closing off the path through the heater core. The fresh air intake is behind the firewall and the inlet air shouldn't absorb much engine heat. Other possibility is a leaking heater valve or faulty control servo for that valve. Its supposed to shut off coolant flow to the core when the heat isn't engaged. I'm not aware of any mods to stop heat further to inlet air.

You might also try setting the temp control as low as it will go. 60 deg. F over here I think. If yours is in C maybe 15?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That has ALWAYS been the case in all my cars; air coming into the cabin is always hotter than outside. It's perfectly normal. Maybe if it's WAY hotter, you might have a problem, but if your A/C works fine, then it's just the way the car is. I have to engage A/C by 73 in basically all my cars from decades ago. Even at 70 feel a bit hot, but if sun is not hitting me, I can live without A/C, but it's much cooler outside.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've noticed this on my '18, on the fresh air setting the incoming air seems to get warmer than on some of my other cars. I don't know of any way to prevent it.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Same here, normal. You'd think you'd get ambient air coming in on fan only but it's way warmer ... must be sucking in engine bay heat.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The_Don_72

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red 5.0 Mustang GT 6MT
You may have trouble with the temperature control door in the air handler not fully closing off the path through the heater core. The fresh air intake is behind the firewall and the inlet air shouldn't absorb much engine heat. Other possibility is a leaking heater valve or faulty control servo for that valve. Its supposed to shut off coolant flow to the core when the heat isn't engaged. I'm not aware of any mods to stop heat further to inlet air.

You might also try setting the temp control as low as it will go. 60 deg. F over here I think. If yours is in C maybe 15?
Seems like it's just a quirk of the car from the other comments above as well. I may have a word with my local Ford dealership and see if they can shed some light on it. It would be nice to not have to run A/C 365 days per year! I can of course drive with the windows down, which is nice sometimes, but often it's just too noisy.

Deleted member 35786

Same here, normal. You'd think you'd get ambient air coming in on fan only but it's way warmer ... must be sucking in engine bay heat.
That V8 puts out a lot of heat. Mine does the same thing in winter, there is no escaping it. Normal operation.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That V8 puts out a lot of heat. Mine does the same thing in winter, there is no escaping it. Normal operation.
Indeed it does. Whenever I park in the garage I either leave the door open completely for a couple of hours or I'll stop it a couple of feet off the ground until it's not crazy hot. Otherwise, it's a sauna in there.

captainGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT,2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Indeed it does. Whenever I park in the garage I either leave the door open completely for a couple of hours or I'll stop it a couple of feet off the ground until it's not crazy hot. Otherwise, it's a sauna in there.
Hi all, whenever I have just the outside air coming into the cabin, it is always warm. Where I live it is winter now, so the outside air is cool, but the air coming in is still warm, so I usually have to have the air con on constantly.

Presumably the air is getting heated by the engine some how on the way in. Does any body know of a mod to make where by the cabin receives true outside air temperature?

Thank you.

Thank you.
You can try turning on the recirculate mode in the climate control. Doing that may prevent the air coming out of the engine compartment from entering the cabin.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You can try turning on the recirculate mode in the climate control. Doing that may prevent the air coming out of the engine compartment from entering the cabin.
In recirculation mode, there will be no fresh air from the outside coming in. Recirculation just recirculates the enclosed cabin air.
Sponsored