Gurcules
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gur
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Oxford White
Hey everyone!
For the past couple of weeks I've been getting a horrible wind noise coming from the driver side roll up window. When I have it all the way up some wind still slips in. Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?
Sponsored

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Vert
When you open your door, the window drops a couple millimeters to clear the trim and gasket above the door. When you close your door, is it going back up that small distance to seal the gap? You'll have to actually see it move or have another person on the outside verify because from inside the car it will look like it is closed even if it hasn't sealed completely. I ask because mine started to not seal when closing the door intermittently, and it turned out to be a bad driver's side window motor. The way I found out was half the time I would get back into the car to drive somewhere I had bad whistling/choppy wind noise coming in.

OP
OP

Gurgles

Gurcules
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gur
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Oxford White
When you open your door, the window drops a couple millimeters to clear the trim and gasket above the door. When you close your door, is it going back up that small distance to seal the gap? You'll have to actually see it move or have another person on the outside verify because from inside the car it will look like it is closed even if it hasn't sealed completely. I ask because mine started to not seal when closing the door intermittently, and it turned out to be a bad driver's side window motor. The way I found out was half the time I would get back into the car to drive somewhere I had bad whistling/choppy wind noise coming in.
Yeah it looks like I am having the same problem. It is not completely sealing off when I close the door. How did you end up fixing your window?