Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Any upcoming car/mustang events in the ATL area? Figured with the COVID situation rising, most are prob canned.
See post #172
Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
According to their web page, Caffeine & Octane is planning two events. The first one coming up is this Sunday!

https://www.caffeineandoctane.com/
Awesome, you going to bring the GT350? :) I will talk to the wife and see if she is comfortable going, my son has recently gotten into cars (11) so I am excited to take him to one of these. Unfortunately the stupid COVID situation is really screwing up ATL right now.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Atlanta drag strip Cummings, swap meet is on. Stop watching the news, it's just scaring ignorant people.

The is not the blue bonic plague, infection is not a for gone death sentence.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Atlanta drag strip Cummings, swap meet is on. Stop watching the news, it's just scaring ignorant people.

The is not the blue bonic plague, infection is not a for gone death sentence.
True, but my wife and I have some health issues so we try to be extra careful given the circumstances.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
True, but my wife and I have some health issues so we try to be extra careful given the circumstances.
That's wise, it just bugs me, media touts the infection rate, that naturally increases because more are tested.

But curiously do not seem to mention a death rate ............... could that mean, that number, and we must assume it's zero. Noting who is doing the reporting, might give folks a clearer more informed idea of what is really going on...?... or is it, does not fit their political agenda?

I know how I think about it, just offering food for thought.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Anyone interested, first time going to check it out myself, as a spectator. Web page looks like they do some runs, North GA.

Will post link if you like. Page suggest showing up a bit early. Check out the hardware .

NEXT GARMC CLUB MONTHLY MEET, GREET, AND EAT IS SUNDAY, JULY 19, 2020 3-4PM
at the Hudson Grille

hudsongrillelogo1-png.png

The Next GARMC Club Monthly Meet, Greet, and Eat is Sunday, July 19, 2020 3-4pm
Hudson Grille, 2500 Cobb Parkway NW, Kennesaw GA 30152

All Are Welcome!
I'm planning on going.... who else is interested?

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I'll be there as well my friend.
I have pulled out my Kevlar Suit so I can deflect all of the comments about my car:
- "Cute stripes... get those from Pep Boys?"
- "So did you name her Carol or Shelly"?
- "That's only a base model... why are you here?"
- "Is there a stripe on the top of your steering wheel because you lose control that much and need a frame of reference?"
- Couldn't afford the extra $1595.00 upgrade for the automatic?"
- "Why did you take the engine cover off?"
- "I heard you pull in, that 5 liter sounds like something is wrong with it...!"

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have pulled out my Kevlar Suit so I can deflect all of the comments about my car:
- "That's only a base model... why are you here?">>> answer yes it is, want to race? LOL
- "Is there a stripe on the top of your steering wheel because you lose control that much and need a frame of reference?" >>>Answer no, I look thru the windshield for that LOL
- Couldn't afford the extra $1595.00 upgrade for the automatic?" >>>> answer well I could, but I'm not a candy ass LOL
- "Why did you take the engine cover off?">>>>>> Answer I have good taste, and it looks like shit LOL
- "I heard you pull in, that 5 liter sounds like something is wrong with it...!">> answer no...... is there something wrong with your hearing ?LOL

Me too, could be fun... ... Sunday I drove up 41 to see if I could spot Hudson Grille.... Nope missed it, was half looking anyway. Busy enjoying the ride & listening to the exhaust.

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
- "That's only a base model... why are you here?"
- "Is there a stripe on the top of your steering wheel because you lose control that much and need a frame of reference?"
- Couldn't afford the extra $1595.00 upgrade for the automatic?"
- "Why did you take the engine cover off?"
- "I heard you pull in, that 5 liter sounds like something is wrong with it...!"

Ha, try having a 3.7 V6 model. You get the normal slight remarks or shit talking, until you beat them or they find out you have twin turbos. Funny how turbo anything automatically gives you a pass even if you don’t race them

I had a guy at Hooters show one time pop off the mouth about his 4.6 V8 he use to have and how slow mustang V6 are etc. I tell him the new 3.7 V6 isn’t the same animal as the old anemic V6 Ford made. Of course he was still like, yeah, whatever.
I let him drive my car (fbo, tuned with 3.73 gears, it was NA then) with me in it. The first time he floored it and got sideways then it just kept pulling, If you could of seen the look on his face it was priceless. Needless to say after that drive he said the only thing he would miss from his 4.6 V8 was the

A real car enthusiast appreciates all makes and models and the effort people put into them to make it their own.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone interested, first time going to check it out myself, as a spectator. Web page looks like they do some runs, North GA.

NEXT GARMC CLUB MONTHLY MEET, GREET, AND EAT IS SUNDAY, JULY 19, 2020 3-4PM
at the Hudson Grille

HudsonGrilleLogo1.png

The Next GARMC Club Monthly Meet, Greet, and Eat is Sunday, July 19, 2020 3-4pm
Hudson Grille, 2500 Cobb Parkway NW, Kennesaw GA 30152

All Are Welcome!
I'm planning on going.... who else is interested?

It's Sunday ................. ya'll.