S550gio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gio
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
I have about 17k miles on my 18 s550,
I recently started to hear some creaking going over speed bumps or really any imperfections on the road that cause the rear to flex. That was about 15k miles, I then got bmr performance springs installed front and back, had a shop do them told them about the issue to the sprayed some white lithium grease on the bushings. The problem still persists. I set up a apt at the dealer to check it out for me and ofcourse got the boot because of the non-oem springs ‍♂
they wanted to charge 160 just to take it in plus charge for any work that had to be done.

anyone have some pointers or common issues like this ? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I have about 17k miles on my 18 s550,
I recently started to hear some creaking going over speed bumps or really any imperfections on the road that cause the rear to flex. That was about 15k miles, I then got bmr performance springs installed front and back, had a shop do them told them about the issue to the sprayed some white lithium grease on the bushings. The problem still persists. I set up a apt at the dealer to check it out for me and ofcourse got the boot because of the non-oem springs ‍♂
they wanted to charge 160 just to take it in plus charge for any work that had to be done.

anyone have some pointers or common issues like this ? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
ive solved this before by using a rubber safe lube spray (silicon lube) on the rubber seats for the springs. Sometimes slight movement of the rubber against metal will cause a creak.

OP
OP
S550gio

S550gio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gio
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
J
ive solved this before by using a rubber safe lube spray (silicon lube) on the rubber seats for the springs. Sometimes slight movement of the rubber against metal will cause a creak.
Thanks for the input, I just tried this, upon inspection the spring seats didn’t seem to have moved at all.
I greased them up and the creaking still is present
Looking to see what are the lube points for s550s

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Any update on this OP? I’m having a similar issues. Creaking from what sounds like the rear mostly when pulling into or out of driveways, more noticeable when turning to the right.

OP
OP
S550gio

S550gio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gio
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Any update on this OP? I’m having a similar issues. Creaking from what sounds like the rear mostly when pulling into or out of driveways, more noticeable when turning to the right.
Haven’t really found a solution yet, I have the car up on jacks right now, I’ll be heading home to try greasing up the rear sway bar bushings
And go from there and same here leaving the house is very noticeable, kinda annoying for a newer car to be doing

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
If it turns out to be the sway bar bushings, use a ton of grease on the inner surface of the bushing.

I had an awful creaking from my front bar. Greased the inner bushing and good to go.

OP
OP
S550gio

S550gio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gio
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
If it turns out to be the sway bar bushings, use a ton of grease on the inner surface of the bushing.

I had an awful creaking from my front bar. Greased the inner bushing and good to go.
I will be trying that today, thanks
I picked up some white lithium grease

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably right, I have Steeda bars with Poly bushings.
They made a hella noise without copious amounts of lube.

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Well no leak from the exhaust this am, but still hearing the creak. 1 down.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm also having this creaking noise which appears to be coming from passenger side trunk area. I've recently changed springs, rear swaybar and vertical links but issue is still present.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I'm also having this creaking noise which appears to be coming from passenger side trunk area. I've recently changed springs, rear swaybar and vertical links but issue is still present.
Have you checked the rear seat latches? I had an annoying creaking sound coming from the same area and I noticed it stopped immediately when I folded down the rear passenger seat. I greased up both the latches on the rear seats and it's been quiet since.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Have you checked the rear seat latches? I had an annoying creaking sound coming from the same area and I noticed it stopped immediately when I folded down the rear passenger seat. I greased up both the latches on the rear seats and it's been quiet since.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried folding down the seats and noise is still present so i don't think that's the culprit

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I just folded the seats down and noise is gone on a preliminary trip around the block. Real test will be tomorrow morning when I go to work. Will update.
Sponsored