Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So does this mean the stripe package is dealer installed? Not surprised. Just wondering if this confirms it.
I believe all stripes are fitted at a location very close to the factory (just over the road, if I recall correctly), but not on the production line itself. Hopefully someone can confirm :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh...to add. This is very likely a VP (vehicle prototype) so still very much hand built. The two cars at Tulsa were also VPs and Jim Owens said at the time they were the only two in existance.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
or more likely stripes are optional or this was a one-off to spare Shelby the hassle of having to rip the factory graphics off. Just like the pP2 can be ordered without it's aero bits... Wouldn't htis be a TT/PP car in any event?

If I was going to attempt a Mustang P51 (or related) homage with the jet-fighter gray the factory stripes are just in the way.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This won't be at Shelby......they just happened to get the photos. If you look, that appears to be outside Flat Rock given all the Fords in the parking lot and the fact its parked next to a new Continental. And the VP cars come before TT and PP cars :)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you'd think Ford could find a PAVED parking lot that isn't going to fling sand and small rocks at pristine (but thin) paint...

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
The rear wing is also missing. I'm aware it is a not a handling package Mach 1, but even the base Mach 1 has a small wing.

Btw, I'm not a fan of Fighter Jet Grey... Looks strange on these photos.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Rear wing is on the photos with the car outside........the one photo inside, I suspect that's exactly what it was waiting for :)

Sponsored

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
Oh, you are right. Just had a closer look. :facepalm:

What do you mean with "what it was waiting for"? Don't you like the rear wing? Or do you expect a really base Mach 1, with an option for the stripes, an option for the wing, etc.?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No, I mean I suspect the rear wing was just about to be fitted in the photo of it inside :0

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This won't be at Shelby......they just happened to get the photos. If you look, that appears to be outside Flat Rock given all the Fords in the parking lot and the fact its parked next to a new Continental. And the VP cars come before TT and PP cars :)
Good eye! I drive past Flat Rock enough to be able to confirm for you that this is indeed Flat Rock.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This sort of photo can get someone fired.........fare enough for the shots taken outside, but inside is a no-no! (this was posted on the same FB thread, but not by Shelby)
21MY Mach 1 TT 5.jpg

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
This sort of photo can get someone fired.........fare enough for the shots taken outside, but inside is a no-no! (this was posted on the same FB thread, but not by Shelby)
21MY Mach 1 TT 5.jpg
Woah! Love it and that is how I would probably configure it. FJG, no handling package and stripe delete. I've been going back and forth on BULLITTS for the past months but I may want to wait. Tremec is a big selling point for me.
Sponsored