BMR Suspension bad experience!

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
Here's the problem. I purchased BMR jacking rails and the first time using them the jack stands left indentions on the jacking rails, like little dents. So I call BMR thinking there's a defect in the metal and I'll get replacements because well, I'm using them properly for what their intended for and not gonna get damaged. Instead, I'm told that they are supposed to get damaged instead of the pinch welds. To my dumb self, that sounds like total b.s. So just letting everyone who thinks about buying them, this is potentially what can occur and nothing will be done about. So in my simple mind you buy them with the understanding they get damaged when used. Dion from BMR is a very nice guy and helpful, it's the warranty guy that is of no help and gave me that line of garbage.
Sponsored

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
He's exactly right. The whole point of the jacking rails is to keep the pinch welds from getting damaged so they are doing there job. If you want to keep the jacking rails perfect you better be using rubber pucks so there is no metal on metal contact.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
BMR jacking rails are to save your panels and welds..jack away!..sounds like you needed subframe rails.

OP
OP
Nitrousfedlx

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
He's exactly right. The whole point of the jacking rails is to keep the pinch welds from getting damaged so they are doing there job. If you want to keep the jacking rails perfect you better be using rubber pucks so there is no metal on metal contact.
Well I used a square piece of 2x4 on the jack pad and put a piece of thick rubber on the jacks. So I guess that's not enough?

OP
OP
Nitrousfedlx

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
BMR jacking rails are to save your panels and welds..jack away!..sounds like you needed subframe rails.
What exactly is a subframe rail? Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nitrousfedlx

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well on the other hand this inadvertently makes me feel better that I'm this nitpicky and anal about the perfection of my stuff. :cwl:

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
post a picture of the "damage". I have them and didn't get any dents. my jack has a rubber pad but my jack stands don't and I didn't see anything to be concerned about.

OP
OP
Nitrousfedlx

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
post a picture of the "damage". I have them and didn't get any dents. my jack has a rubber pad but my jack stands don't and I didn't see anything to be concerned about.
I'll try but it's hard to get the right angle to see the dents. I'll also show what I was using.

OP
OP
Nitrousfedlx

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
0518202044b.jpg
0518202045.jpg

OP
OP
Nitrousfedlx

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So if ur not getting dents and ur jack stands don't have any padding, maybe the batch u got is a stronger steel than mine? Lol

Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I don't know why anyone uses jacking rails. They add weight. The pinch welds are part of high strength steel which ford uses to be thinner and saves weight. I jack right on the pinch weld and zero bending or deformation using a single jack or my twin post lift. My car is a 2019

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
I don't know why anyone uses jacking rails. They add weight. The pinch welds are part of high strength steel which ford uses to be thinner and saves weight. I jack right on the pinch weld and zero bending or deformation using a single jack or my twin post lift. My car is a 2019
Do you use pucks or rubber pads?

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Nothing

OP
OP
Nitrousfedlx

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I know what ur saying. I just like the idea of being able to jack on boxed steel instead of thin steel though. Also more area to jack and use jack stands. That little bit of weight doesn't bother me. I don't drag race my car so I'm not looking to knock a tenth off the e.t. Lol

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
My aluminum jack has a rubber pad in the jacking disc and with my big steel jack I put a piece of 2X4 soft pine about 5" long in there. Both of them work equally well, pinch weld is nicely supported and cradled.
Sponsored