Car ID experience

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I decided to buy a set of front and trunkweathertech floor liners for my 2015 mustang GT as I had great experience with these mats in previous vehicles and living near the beach makes it substantially easier to clean. I found them on CarId.com for the cheapest price with shipping and they came less than a week later. Unfortunately (and stupidly of me) I forgot to account for the optional sub in my trunk so of course the trunk liner didn't fit correctly. I immediately emailed CarId and they responded the next day. (It was rather late when I initially emailed them so ill let the delay slide) They asked for the part number and vin, not entirely sure why either was necessary but I gave them the requested information. They responded quickly by saying they had no alternative from the manufacturer and that seemed to be the final outcome for the issue. I found this rather surprising as I know I've seen other companies produce similar mats for both models with the optional sub and without. As of right now they don't seem to be offering a refund or an exchange for a different trunk mat. I do accept full responsibility of not paying attention, but I am surprised that CarId hasn't offered any refund or exchange even if I paid for the shipping and possibly a restocking fee as I have seen before with other companies. Despite this the front mats look really nice and unlike my last vehicle they don't seem to slide around at all. I will update this as I get anything more from CarId regarding the issue, but as of right now looks like I will either have to resell this mat and take a hit or cut out the part where the sub fits. Just from a quick view, the latter looks like it maybe a bit difficult as the weather tech emblem is right in the middle of where I would cut. :shrug:
Sponsored

neozeric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem
I've have a great experience with them. Wheels, tires, springs and weathertech mats. They were a little slow with shipping (TPMS sensors on back order), but they matched the price of other online competitors and made sure everything was going to fit. Worked for me. I will PM you my contact over there, hopefully he can help.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I've have a great experience with them. Wheels, tires, springs and weathertech mats. They were a little slow with shipping (TPMS sensors on back order), but they matched the price of other online competitors and made sure everything was going to fit. Worked for me. I will PM you my contact over there, hopefully he can help.

Thank you for the help sir! They have actually emailed me back offering an exchange with some of the other brands available. I figured they most likely would as I have used them a couple of other times as well with no issue. Seems like the issue is resolved as far as I am concerned. I will post any additional issues if any arise.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
As of now for anyone else looking at trunk mats, Weathertech does not make any for those with a factory sub. I find it very disappointing as these mats are extremely functional and aesthetically pleasing as well. For now I will probably just have to be content with whatever is currently out.
Sponsored