Sponsored

My TomTop Experience

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
So I bet most of you know about the TomTop navigation system upgrade for the base mustang. I decided to give it a shot. I got everything hooked up and the screen would not power on. Everything else worked, but the screen was black.

I contacted them to find out if I could get a replacement one from them. They told me to ship it to their CA address (at my own expense) and then they'd send a replacement.

I started the eBay return process on Oct 5. This is the message I recieved:
"Sorry for the problem. If you want to exchange for a new one or have a full refund, please send the item back to us at this address via normal mail: Tomtop Group Ltd. 14273 E. Don Julian Rd. Industry, CA 91746 United States 626-333-5288 Please write down the following information on a stick to us: 1.buyer ID: 2.item number: 3.seller ID: So that we can find your order record smoothly.I'll notify you as soon as I receive your returned item.Please offer tracking # when returning,tks Waiting for your reply, thanks."

So far it's ok. Shit happens and I got a defective one. I paid $20 to ship it back in hopes that I'd have a replacement one in a week or two.

Here's the next few messages:

Oct 12You sent a message

I see that the package was delivered and signed for. What's the timeline on getting a replacement?

Oct 12The seller sent you a message

We can reship for you, but could you please close the case for me? The reason is: 1, our manager do not agree to reship if case open. 2, if you escalate the case to ebay Custom, we will lost the money and replacement item. Hope you can understand

Then I asked for the tracking number on the 20th!!!

And I get this:

Dear buyer
Firstly, thanks for doing business with me.
Generally we did not resend with tracking number. I make an apologized for this.Hope you can understand us
Hope you can kindly wait for it
Regards!

A week later I asked if they had an update and I get this :

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. for this case, how about we refund you full ,Would you mind leaving to a positive feedback with 5 stars? This is really important for us. If you buy from us next time, we can give you a discount. Is that ok for you? We just want you to know that your satisfaction is always our top priority. Waiting for your confirmation. Thanks a lot! Best regards.

I called on friday to their CA warehouse. I spoke to a salesperson who confirmed that they had my returned item in the database and that I'd be getting an eBay message about my refund by the end of the day.. I was happy. Until Today rolled around. I emailed and asked where my money was. This was the response.

Dear buyer
I am sorry for the inconvenience
we are willing to refund you
as the refund should be with the manager's approval.
sorry .please wait !!!! I had no choices too :(( Im just a small employee
Best regards!

So at this point, I'm not sure if I should contact my CC company? I paid with a card not paypal like an idiot I guess.

I mostly wanted to give you guys a heads up. Pay extra and buy a raxiom or whatever else. This tomtop company sucks donkey balls in customer service. I'm out $320 and all I got out of it was some experience on how to take apart the dash and put it together in 10 mins.

Cheers. I will keep this updated as they email me in great English.

TL;DR

Bought tomtop. It was defective. Sent it back, they didn't send replacement like I asked. They still haven't refunded me after countless promises of doing so.
Sponsored

OP
OP

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Finally got my refund.... Never again. And they want me to leave a 5* review for them....