schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Briebee72,

Glad yours fit, but mine did not, not even close, the pieces were glued on at the wrong angle, nearly 20 degrees off (I keep repeating what I posted previously).

So let's agree we're both happy, and leave it at that.
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
My IATs with the upgraded CAI are actually good as well. Either same or better than stock. I was driving yesterday in ~98° weather (San Antonio) my temps were about 104° driving and about 108-110° at idle. This is about same as stock if I remember correctly last summer. But I also remember stock reaching about 114° at idle during summer.. so pretty comparable even though the CAI is open. It must have a pretty good seal under the hood and yes I have a minor gap on drivers side front hood. When I didnt recieve the air inlet part for the CAI I drove without it, and AIT hit up to 140° at idle during cooler weather at night. I posted about that before. So the upgraded CAI is doing a pretty good job with temps.
Feedback like this is why I would like to try and adapt the box for this kit to a larger intake like the JLT.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Any new feedback on the kit after getting everything resolved?
Honestly for me the kit is still underwhelming. I have zero mods maybe thats it. The ones just ging on about how awesome it is and how their cars are tearing up the roads... I just dont see it. perhaps they have other mods who knows. I seriously think there is a lot of placebo effect going on here to honest. IM feeling next to nothing ..well a slight change...and the few dynos shard here would also support the underwhelming effect of this kit. Like I said the ones saying its turned their car into a beast.. I just don't see it. Hindsight I would not buy it again and I really can't recommend it to anyone honestly. For the cost it is a waste of money. the spacer is about 40 bucks and the throttle body can be had for 160.00 or less apparently according to some you don't even need the cai. But if you do can be had for 400.00 I mean that s600 bucks and that little tuner box they give you does nothing after install a 30 dollar dongle and a free app cant. so IM sticking to my guns here if the kit was in the 700 ish area sure why not. But even then worht it for the small gains? probably not. but at current prices and with install... yeah I would stay away.

Liki i said in other posts. by buddy and I have the excat same identical cars 19 gt premiums with autos. And you honestly couldn't tell the difference really if we dont tell you mine has the tune on it. Matter of fact he couldnt untill I told him it was on it and then he looked to feel a difference. for the cost you shouldnt have to go trying to feel a difference there should be a noticable one with out trying to feel it.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
It kinda gives off the perception of a dyno after adding a CAI without a tune..?
Doubt most intakes would see even that much of an increase without a tune, at least on an 18+ due to OEM box flowing pretty efficiently.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Doubt most intakes would see even that much of an increase without a tune, at least on an 18+ due to OEM box flowing pretty efficiently.
It was in response to the person who got a dyno and only net 5+ hp

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Well been watching this post its very intresting.After watching this post im going to go with a tune from lund,vmp,or pbd.Im just not that good with computers to get email tunes,and files for data logging,and etc.lol,.Im guessing im going to have to learn,lol.I think the stock air box is the way to go with a good replacement filter and a 93 tune.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Well been watching this post its very intresting.After watching this post im going to go with a tune from lund,vmp,or pbd.Im just not that good with computers to get email tunes,and files for data logging,and etc.lol,.Im guessing im going to have to learn,lol.I think the stock air box is the way to go with a good replacement filter and a 93 tune.
If you have it available in your area highly recommend you look into one of their e / flex tunes as you will at least double the performance of a standard 93 tune. If not available then standard 93 still not a bad option.

Davefzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
After driving the car now for a day I can definitely say that this kit is worth the money. Before the upgrade, Third gear wide-open throttle runs from about 3000 RPM were a bit underwhelming. After the upgrade though, third gear at 3000 RPM has significantly more torque. I don’t remember where I read this, but someone compare normal mode being like sport, sport mode being enhanced and track mode being one step above that and I would agree. For someone who is looking to keep their warranty with a modest power increase, this kit is for you.

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My impression is much like Briebee72. Maybe just a small tad better around 2K, and just a small tad on top. That's tad in small font.

What did work for me is the better shifting in "D", and I have definitely noticed better throttle response in "D" as well. For what it costs, I would not buy it again.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Something else to consider not only is this "tune" more expensive than competitors. You are also stuck with what you get. you aren't gonna have anyone make a new tune or adjust this one when you add or take away anything. As far as I know you have no access to it. Shops wont have access to it. What if they come out with a stage 3 kit with manifold? like they did for the older stangs. You gonna have to buy a whole new kit again it get the new tune? Instead of just adding the manifold and adjusting the tune?

As I see this kit you get what you get and thats it. unlike aftermarket tunes that you have access, fine tune, add and remove parts.... shops can access and others can write tunes for. As far as I know this isnt an option with this kit? or would ford performance later give you a tune for adding the manifold only if they come up with that kit too? Instead of having to rebuy the whole thing.

IM not saying these things as fact but as far as I know this is how this works. Anyone know how it all works or is it like I said you are stuck with what you buy?

Also anyone know if this kit can be resold or is the tune locked to your vin? as in once you bought it it's yours period?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
My impression is much like Briebee72. Maybe just a small tad better around 2K, and just a small tad on top. That's tad in small font.

What did work for me is the better shifting in "D", and I have definitely noticed better throttle response in "D" as well. For what it costs, I would not buy it again.
For a non drive mode car maybe the trans tuning can help that. No clue what the cost is but at that point maybe the sync3 update to get the drive modes is a better deal?

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I spent 4000$ for headers & dyno time. And returned to stock a week later. The ford oem calibration is kinda on point

If your using 93 oct you will see 27.5 degree of timing advance, and a tuner like lund will allow you to have about 28-29 once tuned. And about 30-32 with e85 in the tank

Is it really worth it to you ? I don't know, only you can tell. But i barely have any sucess to launch the car 1-2 shifting using the drag mode and being bone stock. Its just so agressive it either cut the power even if my traction control is off or it spuns and rear end get loose. so 460 hp on the michelin is fine for me

Davefzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
How I came to the determination as to whether or not I would recommend it is the following: Can I feel a difference in how the car performs? Does it make me want to drive the car Every day like I used to when I first purchased the car? The answer to both of these questions is yes that’s why I recommended it.
Sponsored