bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. Now to decide whether or not to have a dealer/tech install it. I am very comfortable doing it myself, but the car is not even a year old yet and I have the extended warranty as well. My main issue would be trying to find someone I trust to do it. The locals dealers around me can't even handle a simple oil change without screwing something up so that doesn't inspire confidence. I guess my question is just how safe is this kinda thing once its installed? I've been working on new and older cars for a while but I've never installed a CAI, much less a tune so I'm not sure what to expect.
Sponsored

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. Now to decide whether or not to have a dealer/tech install it. I am very comfortable doing it myself, but the car is not even a year old yet and I have the extended warranty as well. My main issue would be trying to find someone I trust to do it. The locals dealers around me can't even handle a simple oil change without screwing something up so that doesn't inspire confidence. I guess my question is just how safe is this kinda thing once its installed? I've been working on new and older cars for a while but I've never installed a CAI, much less a tune so I'm not sure what to expect.
Back, beforeI upgraded to my 2020 Mustang GT, I got the power pack 2 for my Mustang Ecoboost and had it installed by Ford. I had it for a year before selling it and I never had any issues. At the end of the day, the benefit of having the dealer or an ASE certified shop install it is if something goes wrong during the process or after installation, Ford will cover it.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So got mine installed even though a part was missing. The tube from the front of car to the air box itself was not on mine or in the box. It is not pictured in any of the one line pictures of the kit and the instructions really dont tell you jack about installing or taking the airbox out so.... I emailed Ford performance because you know they can't answer phones because of covid.... they tell you to use the chat, which was not working... and a guy finally emailed me back just before 5 p.m. (closing time) sent me a picture of the part and said it should of been in the box. But yet it is not, several people said they dont see where one is included.... and of course Now i have to wait til monday of an answer from Ford performance.

So anyone else install this? did yours have the triangle ish tube that goes from front vent of car and connects to the airbox? Pic below.... I dont see how it could not have one or else it sucks hot air from the engine. I installed everything anyway and figure ill just pop it on after i get it if it is supposed to have it.
20200508_202436.jpg

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@Briebee72 dude I dont gave that par is it suppose to be in kit? I just checked and it's just open on mine ..dang it.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ are we suppose to move over stock one?

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
^^ are we supposed to move over stock one?
Thats what I thought just move the stock one but it does not fit at all. Does not make sense that there would be no connection betwen the box and the front of car. The box has the clip spots for the tube and the last thing I heard before they went home for the weekend is it was suppose to have one. Its not a cold air intake if its just sucking in hot air from the engine.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That picture shown above is for taking it out..it doesnt go back in for new CAI as shown in this pic in instructions.
Screenshot_20200508-221208_Drive.jpg

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That picture shown above is for taking it out..it doesnt go back in for new CAI as shown in this pic in instructions.
Screenshot_20200508-221208_Drive.jpg
Yeah my instructions are the same. but it makes no sense the box has a point for connection and with a big open hole in the front that is inside the engine bay how is it gonna pull cold air? its just gonna suck up the engines hot air.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thats what I thought just move the stock one but it does not fit at all. Does not make sense that there would be no connection betwen the box and the front of car. The box has the clip spots for the tube and the last thing I heard before they went home for the weekend is it was suppose to have one. Its not a cold air intake if its just sucking in hot air from the engine.
I dont know then. But let us know what they say. I didnt get any part like that and the in instructions don't say anything about that part..

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I dont know then. But let us know what they say. I didnt get any part like that and the in instructions don't say anything about that part..
Ill have to wait till Monday I guess. but like I said you can see where the box has the connections for it. And if you go look up this intake for other mustangs it has the tube with it. There's even very specific instructions on cutting a part to make it fit.

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I asked the dealer in another thread that we did the group buy on. He has been pretty good at responding. Let's see. I dont think the instructions show or state anything about that part.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I just went back and looked at the instructions again. The part is listed on the first page. 1- Air inlet. Then its not mentioned in the instructions. The picture I included in the above post is not of uninstall it is of install look at the airbox in the pic its the new one not the old one. But the sheet the tech got that from is not in my instructions.... hummmm. Guess i'll find out Monday.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah the pic you posted is not on the instructions, but it is the new CAI. So we didnt get the part. I'll chat with Ford Performance on Monday too. I would have never known. And you are right, doesnt make sense to be open and not connected.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So see lots about this on net and in the forums lots of talk and lots of members saying they bought it. People saying they have installed it. But I am seeing next to nothing on reviews? To those who bought and installed how is it?
BTW, I have been playing with the Mustang since Monday. And yes I can say there is a good improvement in performance. I am still learning it though. I have a manual. But tonight I went out and did some pulls in 2nd gear, from like 40 mph say. And the torque is way better at that point. I can feel it more than before. There is also a very nice low tone growl from the CAI on the low end. It sounds pretty awesome. I am very happy with it.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got my box on Thursday and it did not have that part. I'm willing to bet none of us got the air inlet.
Sponsored