I've seen this vid it's a good review

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
A pretty fair review and refreshingly lacking the usual anti-American prejudice endemic in these programmes

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was a bit boring and unrealistic (and I’m a Brit).

He didn’t do any donuts on major intersections and failed to get anyone wedged in the grill, are we sure he was driving a mustang ? :cwl:

WD :like:

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 PP2 1966 Mustang Sprint 200
It's a fairly accurate and solid review. He's rather in depth.

There are some slight differences though between the US Mustangs and as Ford calls them "World Mustangs". The UK and Europe one's for example have larger (in my opinion horrible looking) side mirrors. Their horsepower is slightly diminished and (correct me if I'm wrong) but there isn't an option for the V6 - only the EcoBoost and the 5.0.

However, one of the major positives the world mustangs have, that I've installed on mine; are the taillights. They're plug and play, minus running a wire to the third brake light. But they are magnificent!

Sponsored

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
It's a fairly accurate and solid review. He's rather in depth.

There are some slight differences though between the US Mustangs and as Ford calls them "World Mustangs". The UK and Europe one's for example have larger (in my opinion horrible looking) side mirrors. Their horsepower is slightly diminished and (correct me if I'm wrong) but there isn't an option for the V6 - only the EcoBoost and the 5.0.

However, one of the major positives the world mustangs have, that I've installed on mine; are the taillights. They're plug and play, minus running a wire to the third brake light. But they are magnificent!
Their isn't the option for the V6 stateside either, they stopped production in 2016. I too enjoy the clear taillaights better than red but on certain car colors :) there are some colors I prefer red taillights or better yet tinted/black.

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
Their isn't the option for the V6 stateside either, they stopped production in 2016. I too enjoy the clear taillaights better than red but on certain car colors :) there are some colors I prefer red taillights or better yet tinted/black.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I saw a review a few months back that mentioned it but I couldn't remember exactly.

I agree! Certain colors look great with red while others look better clear. Since there's black with my silver, I opted for the smoked euro lights, tinted the rest of the rear and went with smoked side-markers.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
We call them elephant ear wing/side mirrors, they haven't always had to be that large. Not sure where that regulation came from!
Yes the 15-17 models are about 410 bhp, so bit less than you guys. Something to do with Ford screwing up the right hand drive conversion.
Yep, no V6 but I agree with Ford that it wouldn't have made much sense here. Ford thought the Eco and V8 would be about a 50/50 split but V8 has massively outsold Eco even with petrol prices in UK being about $6 gallon.
We also got a silly faux gas cap with GT on the rear decklid but many changed it to US version as in this clip. Plus our tailights are clear but prefer the red ones in the US.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I've been on the UK Mustang forums. It's all about da rice :giggle:

Sponsored

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
We call them elephant ear wing/side mirrors, they haven't always had to be that large. Not sure where that regulation came from!
Yes the 15-17 models are about 410 bhp, so bit less than you guys. Something to do with Ford screwing up the right hand drive conversion.
Yep, no V6 but I agree with Ford that it wouldn't have made much sense here. Ford thought the Eco and V8 would be about a 50/50 split but V8 has massively outsold Eco even with petrol prices in UK being about $6 gallon.
We also got a silly faux gas cap with GT on the rear decklid but many changed it to US version as in this clip. Plus our tailights are clear but prefer the red ones in the US.
I saw a diagram of the motor and exhaust and that the lower horsepower had to do with configuring the steering column for the right hand drive with the exhaust and the exhaust being smaller, therefore constricting air flow. I call BS but ‍♂

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
The gas cap on the decklid was on all S197 Mustangs in the States, and the California Special package still has it. I thought it suited the S197 generation, though it does look a bit out of place on the S550.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Oh Bloody Hell... Ford, please send our friends across the pond a bunch of right-hand drive Shelby GT350's.
They gave us Monty Python... it's the LEAST we can do...!!!!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I saw a diagram of the motor and exhaust and that the lower horsepower had to do with configuring the steering column for the right hand drive with the exhaust and the exhaust being smaller, therefore constricting air flow. I call BS but ‍♂
That doesn't explain why all of the European Mustangs, including those with the steering wheel on the correct side, are lower in power than their American brethren.
I think it's more likely related to our stricter emissions regulations.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know it’s only relevant for the later years, but the GPF can’t help much either ...

WD :like:
Sponsored