PD tuning Burble Tune

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Shit on Eco owners? Umm, no. Coyote owners are even WORSE regarding burble tunes. If anything, they're the origins of that garbage. And don't even get me started on where I think Ecoboost cars belong because it's not where you think it is.......

Don't assume it's negative. This thread is regarding burble tunes, not the echelon of Mustang hierarchy. Like 350 owners haven't asked for burble tunes either? I tell them the exact same thing. Grow a real pair of nuts and get a solid tune that performs well and isn't a sock down your pants.
Fair enough, thank you for clarifying
Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
It's just pipe really. What it isn't good for though is piston rings. There is NOTHING racy, yes RACE LIKE, not rice like but RACE LIKE about "burble tunes." If you listen to real race cars, they are not popping and slapping all over the place except for on very quick bang on shifts or coming off the throttle. Why? Because they're coming off the throttle and that's it. The pops come from the abrupt shutting of the throttle body and the air fuel mixture combusting very late in the cycle as the exhaust valve is opening up.

I try to not get overly worked up about stupid crap but burble tunes are SO fvcking stupid and poser and fa*gy and just pointless. No quicker way to brand yourself as a Mustang ricer than a burble tune and some stupid ass non functional aero and body kit BS.
Although your wording a little... strong, I'll admit there are some burble tune folks (really popular w/ the BMW scene here) who just keep revving the hell out of their cars at car meets and traffic. It's like taking the annoying rev guy and turning it up to 11 after a while.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Fair enough, thank you for clarifying
I have nothing against Ecoboosts. What I do have against is anyone regardless of make, model, and engine making enthusiasts look bad. And in the wake of social media, it's all too easy. Flamethrower kits, burble tunes, rolling coal...all gets on the government's radar and people like that have really ruined it for some of us.

Now what do I think about Ecoboosts? They are THE Mustang to have in autocross. They are a killer in their stock class. Competitively, I'd rather autocross an Ecoboost than a GT350.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Although your wording a little... strong, I'll admit there are some burble tune folks (really popular w/ the BMW scene here) who just keep revving the hell out of their cars at car meets and traffic. It's like taking the annoying rev guy and turning it up to 11 after a while.
These tunes that sound like machine guns do sound like total garbage.

Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Early impressions are good, I was concerned this tune might get annoying quick if it activated in traffic a lot or something. It's set up to activate between 3-4.8k, and at 3k RPMs it is not that aggressive which is perfect.

When I want to be hear the music I'll shift down to 2nd going 40, and the burbles will come through until she's back under 3k again.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
I have nothing against Ecoboosts. What I do have against is anyone regardless of make, model, and engine making enthusiasts look bad. And in the wake of social media, it's all too easy. Flamethrower kits, burble tunes, rolling coal...all gets on the government's radar and people like that have really ruined it for some of us.

Now what do I think about Ecoboosts? They are THE Mustang to have in autocross. They are a killer in their stock class. Competitively, I'd rather autocross an Ecoboost than a GT350.

No need to apologize man, I agree w/ you 100%. It's even more heartbreaking when reputable tuners are doing this to just make a quick buck, not a fan of snap crackle pop tunes or lopey idle tunes and rather have straight up OE functionality .

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I actually love the burbles from this, the pops not so much as it sounds like popcorn. My main question is does this have any effect on the car?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No need to apologize man, I agree w/ you 100%. It's even more heartbreaking when reputable tuners are doing this to just make a quick buck, not a fan of snap crackle pop tunes or lopey idle tunes and rather have straight up OE functionality .
I definitely didn't apologize lol. I was moreso A. calling out poor decision making and B. calling out those who assume that just because a Shelby owner has a comment that he looks down on all other Mustangs. Which is 100% false, at least in my case.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I actually love the burbles from this, the pops not so much as it sounds like popcorn. My main question is does this have any effect on the car?
upload_2020-3-6_13-32-43.png

Does this mean your car is going to immediately blow an engine or even have a blown engine at all? No. Does it help the engine? Absolutely not. So does it hurt it? It could...but it's definitely not going to do it any favors either. Things can only get worse on a "burble tune" not better.

Sponsored

BlackBoostedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT WhippleCharged
Crackle tuned have been around forever. I have one on my other car haven't had issues with it. However the crackles come from dumping fuel into the exhaust so I wouldn't recommend it if you have a car on the car. Also I noticed the boost fluctuates with the crackles so how good it is for the turbo idk I'm not a mechanic or engineer I just make paint look pretty. My GT sometimes does this but I have a feeling it runs a little on the rich side and it's dumping a little bit of fuel when I get off the throttle. My personal opinion is if you like the sound and the crackles go for it, it's no different then the GT guys that use a ghost cam. Does it have any practical uses, nope does it sound awesome yup! These kinds of tuned are more common in the tuner community. Ever since the ecoboost came out more and more of tuner culture is sleeping into mustangs and I love it! Guess some people take their mustangs too seriously.

Edit: autocorrect raped my post

Last edited:

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
So I finally got around to buying my tune and I have to say its pretty damn cool but mine isnt loud at all :( Im not gonna lie I kind of wanted to be a little ignorant with it but maybe since its the first revision it still needs some work?

OP
OP
FourdBanger18

FourdBanger18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
So I finally got around to buying my tune and I have to say its pretty damn cool but mine isnt loud at all :( Im not gonna lie I kind of wanted to be a little ignorant with it but maybe since its the first revision it still needs some work?
What set up are you running. I would say mine is probably one of the loudest right now since I’m running a straight pipe and cat less

OP
OP
FourdBanger18

FourdBanger18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Early impressions are good, I was concerned this tune might get annoying quick if it activated in traffic a lot or something. It's set up to activate between 3-4.8k, and at 3k RPMs it is not that aggressive which is perfect.

When I want to be hear the music I'll shift down to 2nd going 40, and the burbles will come through until she's back under 3k again.
I tried to highlight that in my Drivability Video on my channel. It’s cool learning this tune and adjusting your driving style to it
Sponsored