Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Not really the worst and may have already been mentioned but, the lack of adjustability on the seatbelt positions and the manually adjustable steering column. I simply don’t understand how on a car that tops out in the 50k range Ford couldn’t find a way to integrate two items they use in so many other models.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If we're talking about missing options, then even more upsetting that the manual steering wheel adjustment (which, to be honest, doesn't bother me, because nobody but me will drive the car) is the lack of the heated windscreen. Once you've got used to that, it's hard to imagine life without it. I'll really miss it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
400 mile range on a motorway trip is a realistic possibility. You will need a pee by then !
True. But the smaller the tank, the more often it needs to be filled in day to day driving and that puts undue wear and tear on the fuel door hinge. That's why I bought the extended warranty.

DeadlyDigger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2018 FN GT
Wish I had a front camera just to see parking blocks.

Wish Ford would just start making better Oil Pump Gears stock already so that people can stop worrying about them. it's been an issue for decades.
I had one installed aftermarket and it is connected perfectly to the main screen. Activates by pushing a flush mounted light up button underneath my light switch

DeadlyDigger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2018 FN GT
Has anyone had the following issues and have you fixed the problem yet.

Creaking door panel
Vibrating parcel shelf
Rattles in both rear quarter panels

been back to ford over 7 times without being fixed. Any advice will be appreciated

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Has anyone had the following issues and have you fixed the problem yet.

Creaking door panel
Vibrating parcel shelf
Rattles in both rear quarter panels

been back to ford over 7 times without being fixed. Any advice will be appreciated

Question, Has your car been hit in the rear? If not all the panels you mention sit or are cushioned by some sort of insulation or sealer. You can remove each one and increase the amount of cushion or insulation yourself and stop any rattle or vibration. If you pull the rear quarter panel insulation check for a loose or hanging wire or connector. A small piece of pipe wrap foam works magic in these cases. Also stick on foam makes a great cushion.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
My first Mustang Gt was a 1986 then 1990, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2008, 2019 and now 2020 all of them had little problems but as a Mustang fan you get over them real quick lol
The biggest problem now is having 4 kids that drive and always asking if they can use it already know the answer is HELL no!!!

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
I see a lot of complaints on no power reclining seat. Think about it, we own 2 door cars now where you need to fold the seat up to get anyone out of the back. 4 door cars have no problem with this. I would say the worst thing is a lot of the parts from CHINA in this car have failed! Dumb stuff to like my clutch pedal welds broke off. Never saw this happen before.

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I don't get to drive it all winter, and winter here lasts from November to March/April
:(

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have a set of Nokian Hakkapeliittas on my Subaru. They work really well with the AWD to boot!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
only 302 cubic inches - costs too much to make big n/a horsepower...

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That whenever you spend time detailing it, it does a rain dance and the skies open shortly thereafter.
Sponsored