Sponsored

Hub removal attempt - need some ideas...

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I am trying to remove hubs to replace the studs with the long ARP ones - hubs (since car has Magneride) are 4 bolts style (like GT350), not the ones held with large 36 mm nut. After undoing these 4 bolts it should technically come off - left one did (see pics), right one is stuck - most likely due to corrosion.

I sprayed with penetrant, bolted the wheel on it and tried to pull - nothing. Also tried to bang on it with a rubber mallet.

Anyone has any other ideas ?

Pics in sequence show right hub (not bolts are removed - so no, I did not forget about one and am trying to pull like an idiot), left hub in removed state, left knuckle with hub removed.
IMG_20200229_164131.jpg
IMG_20200229_164111.jpg
IMG_20200229_164115.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I struggled with this on the rear. Get something in there where you can chisel at the joint and whack it good.

OP
OP
kz

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I struggled with this on the rear. Get something in there where you can chisel at the joint and whack it good.
I tried to get something in there but there is literally no space. I put the bolts from the back and tried to hit with the hammer nothing. Rented a slide hammer but the attachment doesn't fit over the studs. At this soaked in more penetrant and will come back to it in the morning...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to get something in there but there is literally no space. I put the bolts from the back and tried to hit with the hammer nothing. Rented a slide hammer but the attachment doesn't fit over the studs. At this soaked in more penetrant and will come back to it in the morning...
That's all you can do. Similar struggle.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Thermal expansion is your friend. I don’t have the pic handy, but I had a heat gun on one side and a torch on the other to make the housing hot enough that beating with a hammer could take the bearing out.