NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
For the moment I think I'd like to just cut out the stock cats and weld in 100cell high flow cats . Do you guys think this will give me a good volume boost ?
I'd think it would make it quieter, smoothing the exhaust flow.

Really, you'd need to start with headers, add the high-flow cats, an X pipe, mufflers, etc.

I do hear that the headers are a tremendous bitch to change.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Hahahaha . I like the brutal cold starts lol . I dont mind then at all its mostly while driving I want to have the option for the car to scream when I hit it hard . I don't want to cat delete for the smell so I'm thinking low like 100cell catalyric converter swap on stock headers for now . Has anyone done this?
I've got long tubes, high flow cats, X-pipe, and Roush exhaust. Let me tell you, it doesn't get much louder. I've since put resonators on and it helped the harshness but it's still brutal on cold starts and LOUD when you punch it.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So anybody know if adding high flow cats on the stock headers though will make more volume ? The holes are much much wider . Wouldn't that allow more sound through

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So anybody know if adding high flow cats on the stock headers though will make more volume ? The holes are much much wider . Wouldn't that allow more sound through
It would be a marginal increase really. Catted long tubes will increase without the smell of cat deletes. Can also consider switching to corn then the cat delete smell is a non issue.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I will not add more sound. Well maybe a little, nothing worth the price of highflows. HP gain will be next to zero as well. The stock cats flow extremely well.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Yes, definitely a sound increase. If there was a chart that listed stock cats, high flow cats, and no cats then stock cats would be on the left side of the spectrum and high flow and no cats would be on the other side of the spectrum pretty close together.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, definitely a sound increase. If there was a chart that listed stock cats, high flow cats, and no cats then stock cats would be on the left side of the spectrum and high flow and no cats would be on the other side of the spectrum pretty close together.
Hmmm. Maybe 20 years ago but not so much today. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Alot of mixed opinions here. Have u guys tried this to know it will or wont have an increase ..is this from personal experience ?

Guid.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It’ll definitely be louder than stock cats. The real question for me is knowing how raspy it’ll be or how much quieter it’ll be compared to a catless setup

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It’ll definitely be louder than stock cats. The real question for me is knowing how raspy it’ll be or how much quieter it’ll be compared to a catless setup
Well I definitely noticed more 'snap / crackle / pop' but little by way of increased sound.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well I definitely noticed more 'snap / crackle / pop' but little by way of increased sound.
U cut out the stock cats and replaced them with high flow ? Do you know how many cell they were ?

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I mean I dont get how you wouldn't get more volume with a 50 cell cat . They holes are so so much less restrictive over a high flow 400 . Look at the differences .
20200227_170314.jpg
20200227_170349.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I dont get how you wouldn't get more volume with a 50 cell cat
200 I believe (this is on another Mustang) Yell through a piece of cheesecloth vs screen say from a porch door (screen holes is about double the size). Volume is nearly the same, the pitch & effect changes. What's the cell count on the factory cats?

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've also been trying to find out the cell count of the factory cats . It just seems like with 50 cell count , the cell count is so low , how could it not make a big difference ? Ur almost near having nothing there I'd imagine ? Lol why does the cat delete make such a difference in volume

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Lol why does the cat delete make such a difference in volume
The sound isn't reverberating off the adjacent cells. Kinda like a 2 chamber muffler vs straight through.
Sponsored