Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
i think 14 lbs is the majic number , lol.
That would scare me to death...lol. Do superchargers use some sort of relief valve to bleed off boost? I am more familiar with turbos and their blow-off valve...

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yep, that is what Roush says....

In addition to 700 horsepower, this supercharger is capable of creating 610 lb-ft of torque courtesy of 12 psi of boost while burning 91-octane fuel on either manual- or automatic-transmission 2018 Mustang GTs.

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
Are u running headers
That would scare me to death...lol. Do superchargers use some sort of relief valve to bleed off boost? I am more familiar with turbos and their blow-off valve...
whats going to scare me more is when i spin it to 7,600-7,800 rpm lol.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not denying what u saw on your phone, it just doesn’t add up? An 80mm pulley won’t make 12lbs of boost at 7,000. It may spike but under load it’s closer to 10-11

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not denying what u saw on your phone, it just doesn’t add up? An 80mm pulley won’t make 12lbs of boost at 7,000. It may spike but under load it’s closer to 10-11
It spiked at 12.8 which is where the red line on that gauge is. It's pretty much always over 11 at full throttle and almost always between 11.5 and 12 higher up in the rpm range. I suppose you will eventually be able to find out yourself.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It spiked at 12.8 which is where the red line on that gauge is. It's pretty much always over 11 at full throttle and almost always between 11.5 and 12. I suppose you will eventually be able to find out yourself.

Yea few guys have reported 11lbs?

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
I'll be back on the dyno soon myself to see how much the headers helped in lowering boost. After the e-85 conversion and smaller pulley. 14lbs is my goal.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I guess if Roush is comfortable with their boost levels, so am I.

I do wonder about engine safety when replacing the conservative Roush tune with a custom tune from PBD or VMP. Since they both review logs, apparently they keep all parameters in a reasonable zone.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I hope i can get an answer from Roush about belt slippage,..... how far can i pulley down before i start seeing some slippage. I havent asked them yet , but soon i will.
In my honest opinion,......I think you're better off asking either VMP Performance or Palm Beach Dyno questions like that.
I don't think the people answering the phone/emails at Roush will know as much as the guys at the shops I mentioned.
Good luck!

I'll be back on the dyno soon myself to see how much the headers helped in lowering boost. After the e-85 conversion and smaller pulley. 14lbs is my goal.
Have you seen the video of PBD tuning the Roush Phase 1 kit on E85 and headers? The car made GREAT power and torque. Very impressive.
Your car will move out with just the E85 by itself, especially with the Phase 2 kit.

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
In my honest opinion,......I think you're better off asking either VMP Performance or Palm Beach Dyno questions like that.
I don't think the people answering the phone/emails at Roush will know as much as the guys at the shops I mentioned.
Good luck!
Yes i think your right about that.

Have you seen the video of PBD tuning the Roush Phase 1 kit on E85 and headers? The car made GREAT power and torque. Very impressive.
Your car will move out with just the E85 by itself, especially with the Phase 2 kit.
Yes i have......great video lol

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If it is 12lbs as said then if did custom tune it, I’d go one pulley size up but again I truly think it’s closer to 10-11...

I could be wrong, God knows I’ve been before :crackup:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You are correct. I just bought one this week....Phase 2 supercharger kit is to be installed next week. I had to sign a waiver stating that the Ford powertrain (only) is void but the Roush warranty covers the powertrain and Ford covers the rest of the car for the 3/36....finance guy tried selling me an extended warranty for the rest of the car, minus the power train. I said, heck no.

I believe that is correct. That is how I understood it when it was explained to me from the Ford salesman who is also a Roush dealer. I am also going to confirm that with their Roush performance department people when I take the car in for the install next tuesday.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
If it is 12lbs as said then if did custom tune it, I’d go one pulley size up but again I truly think it’s closer to 10-11...

I could be wrong, God knows I’ve been before :crackup:
i have been with this thread since the beginning. Roush says it puts out 12psi. Dude who just bought kit after 160 pages is questioning Roush.

it’s 12psi. I promise. My logs say 12psi.

listen to the Internet’s. It has a warranty ffs

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Are you guys that are running the Roush system running pump gas or full strength ethanol? Reason why I'm asking is because a well known and respected tuner stated that he will NOT do a tune on a 2018+ boosted car on pump gas, but will tune a boosted car on full e85 or race fuel. He stated that with the 12:1 compression ratio, that it's a disaster waiting to happen. I found this out after I paid for my Whipple.

Last edited: