Longevity of the Voodoo Motor

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
I have the 2020 HEP build date the week of March 23. But man, all the threads on blown motors and oil consumption give me pause.

What kind of longevity can be expected on this motor--oil consumption or not? Any high milers out there?
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I have the 2020 HEP build date the week of March 23. But man, all the threads on blown motors and oil consumption give me pause.

What kind of longevity can be expected on this motor--oil consumption or not? Any high milers out there?
If there was a constant systematic issue with the motors there would have been a class action and multiple media agencies would be covering it, or would have articles documenting the systemic problem and issue.

don’t believe everything that you read on the forums in determining how wide spread an issue is in the entire GT350 community.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Put it this way. If all of us posted on here staying the engine is great... There would only be post about the engine is great.

Over 15K cars made and around 200 issues. The bad just gets highlighted more.

And youtubes are about views..... so again, not real riveting content talking about the how awesome the car is VS i have an issue.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
In 7 minutes and 22 seconds, your engine is going to explode with the force of 97 supernova and possibly worse, one of my farts after Taco Tuesday. Trade it in a save us all from your mistake.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
As someone who knows these Voodoos pretty well (unfortunate for my wallet), I can confidently tell you that these engines are stout, well-built, and perfectly fine for long-term use. HOWEVER, I would not recommend one for the type that's careless (i.e. shove a blower on it with no mods and send it) or that's going to worry themselves into not liking the car.

This engine is awesome and works great, but it has just enough peculiarities that it shouldn't be treated like an LS or Coyote where you do whatever you want to it.

Some maintenance and a little bit of good luck and you'll have a happy relationship with one of the coolest engines ever built for a road car (that's affordable for normal people).

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As someone who knows these Voodoos pretty well (unfortunate for my wallet), I can confidently tell you that these engines are stout, well-built, and perfectly fine for long-term use. HOWEVER, I would not recommend one for the type that's careless (i.e. shove a blower on it with no mods and send it) or that's going to worry themselves into not liking the car.

This engine is awesome and works great, but it has just enough peculiarities that it shouldn't be treated like an LS or Coyote where you do whatever you want to it.

Some maintenance and a little bit of good luck and you'll have a happy relationship with one of the coolest engines ever built for a road car (that's affordable for normal people).
A bit "high strung" I THINK is the proper way to put it.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Don’t mod the powertrain. Keep it properly maintained and just drive it. If you plan on keeping it more than 5 years or 60K miles get the basic Ford powertrain extended warranty for a couple thousand and you will have peace of mind for a lot longer.

I don’t keep sports cars for 10+ years or 100K+ miles so I really don’t worry.

Sponsored

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

Have you noticed the number of Toyota cars being recalled lately? Just follow what most of the guys on this forum do. Keep it under warranty and enjoy it.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yawwwnn. Another one of these threads. You should be more concerned with the rocks these cars throw from the sticky tires.
Most of us know how to protect our cars properly. I have zero and I mean zero rock chips on my car.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You missed my point. My car is pretty much fully wrapped in Xpel, as are my other vehicles. Road debris from construction, and our just very dry conditions reaks havoc on cars finish’s here. Blowing sand at times here will pit a windshield in a very short trip.

Most of us know how to protect our cars properly. I have zero and I mean zero rock chips on my car.

OP
OP
ParkCity06

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
Thanks all. Looking forward to it arriving.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350