Sponsored

Help trying to figure out GA1R 19” plus tires

Vinnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I’m trying to plan ahead here. Looking for advice on tire size and wheel offset. I’m looking at forgeline monoblock GA1R 19x? I’m thinking 10.5 or 11 squared.
I want to use these on the street until I move up in class for /hpde.
The tires I’m looking at is either 285/35r19 or 305/30r19. what wheel and offset would work? anyone running anything like this?
Looking at Continental extreme contact or Michelin’s.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
There are a few square 11” threads if you do a search. Myself and others run square 11s. The short story is camber plates, 1”/25mm slip on spacers (front only), 1” longer extended ARP studs (front), and a 19x11 ET 50-52 wheel which means an effective offset in the front (with spacer) of 25-27.

10.5 square is rare and difficult but possible w/o extended studs, but if you’re going with a 285 tire, just do 10” wheels, its so much easier to fit/find with many ET35-ET40 options.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not to mention cheaper. Those Forgeline’s are nice pieces, but boy are they pricey. But @NightmareMoon pretty much covered it. The only way you’ll get 10.5’s to work (without staggering offsets) is to run a ton of rear camber to avoid poke.

I had the same dilemma you’re having and went with a set of 19x11’s, +52. And plan on running 20mm spacers up front. Just put the arp studs on this past Saturday. I haven’t fully decided yet, but I’m leaning towards running a 285/35 over a 305/30. I prefer the taller 285/35 and there are tons of tire choices in that size

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Plus why run the high dollar Forgelines, then run middle of the road street tires? Given the tires make a much bigger performance difference.

And there are no classes in HPDE.

And it's best to choose the tires first, then the wheels.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
For 19x11s, I like Apex wheels (SM-10). They’ve got a good track record, are clearly engineered for strength, and some really nice detail features. Costs are quite reasonable for what you get.

there are a lot of relatively cheap spun forged 19x11 wheels with 50-52 offsets for our cars because its a very popular rear wheel fitment for staggered setups. You don’t have to pay a lot.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I ran 19x10.5 Forgelines with 305/30 Pilot 4S tires.

Needed a 0.5" spacer up front and extended ARP studs...

gt1.jpg

gt2.jpg

OP
OP
Vinnie

Vinnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Plus why run the high dollar Forgelines, then run middle of the road street tires? Given the tires make a much bigger performance difference.

And there are no classes in HPDE.

And it's best to choose the tires first, then the wheels.
Well, looking into the future. Currently doing autocross and track cross. I like the forge lines, they're American Made, strong and light. It's a matter of preference. The 305's would eventually be re71r's when i reach that point in my comfort. Until then, I'll use something for the street. Ill waste my stock wheels and tires on auto. The car isn't a daily. I just want to see what anyone else has done in this regard. I'll look at other posts, but nothing specific about it jumps out.
Sponsored