Different noises after lund tune

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Installed boss manifold on my 2016 5.0, automatic. Noticed some different noises after getting home from shop for the tune. Won’t let me post a video but coming from around coil packs; weird staticy noise
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any idle issues?

First thing that pops into my head is a vacuum leak since you mentioned swapping the intake manifold.

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No, fresh lund tune. No issues with manifold whatsoever, just a weird static/sparking noise coming from the closest to the front bumper coil pack on passenger side.
Any idle issues?

First thing that pops into my head is a vacuum leak since you mentioned swapping the intake manifold.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
No, fresh lund tune. No issues with manifold whatsoever, just a weird static/sparking noise coming from the closest to the front bumper coil pack on passenger side.
I have this, Ive had it since day 1 though on my 18. I was thinking it was my high pressure fuel pump but if you arent an 18 I dont know

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I have this, Ive had it since day 1 though on my 18. I was thinking it was my high pressure fuel pump but if you arent an 18 I dont know
The 18s added direct injection which uses very high pressure compared to port injection so your sound could be coming from fuel injectors using the direct injection system. Port injection systems usually use 30-60 psi. Direct injection, you are talking thousands instead of tens. Think 5,000-10,000 psi.

Also, keep in mind these engines are noisy. Any generation Coyote from 2011 to 2020 won't be anywhere near silent. You are talking about a pretty big motor here. If you are tuned either via you doing your own tuning or someone else, advanced timing over stock can make the engine more noisy as well depending on how far you go. A lot of variables here since the Coyote has a lot of moving parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Turns out noise is coming from this, originally thought it was coming from the coil pack plug. Can feel it vibrate whenever the noise is happening.
D664FAF9-AF52-4B13-8879-CE377F7D50EA.jpeg

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I’m unsure what that is
What you have your finger on is technically a pcv valve. It is designed to let gasses in your crankcase escape so that they dont pressurize below the piston. The tube should run to your air intake so that the gasses are used in the combustion chamber (epa shit). On older vehicles the crankcase was just vented to atmosphere. The pcv valve has a check valve design and Im wondering if it may be faulty causing your noises

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What you have your finger on is technically a pcv valve. It is designed to let gasses in your crankcase escape so that they dont pressurize below the piston. The tube should run to your air intake so that the gasses are used in the combustion chamber (epa shit). On older vehicles the crankcase was just vented to atmosphere. The pcv valve has a check valve design and Im wondering if it may be faulty causing your noises
This is the setup for it, the noise appeared post tune from lund. I finally figured out it was that valve whenever I was trying to feel for the noise and noticed the pcv valve was vibrating when the noise occurred. Thanks for the info! Hope this picture helps
E9552302-7A9B-4C6B-8ADC-8BE79C5C6A64.png
Sponsored