Sponsored

GT350 HE in UK?

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)
Boy oh boy - you guys really have lost your marbles over there in Blighty.

UK has NHS, US does not.

Good luck with the Paranoia and blaming everything wrong in the world on Donald Trump. Sheesh.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

UK has NHS, US does not.

Good luck with the Paranoia and blaming everything wrong in the world on Donald Trump. Sheesh.
We're not blaming Trump for the NHS, we were talking about the NHS being sold to the US as part of post Brexit negotiations with the US :facepalm:

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)
OK whatever-
I will buy you a New GT350 if the US buy the NHS !

That's how sure i am it's not going to happen.

Why oh why would they buy a completely F'd system.....

The US will negotiate a trade deal for goods........ that's stuff they want to sell you and stuff they want from you.

They are not going to buy the NHS - P.S. it's more likely the Chinese will buy it !! They have already put 50% into new Power stations in the UK.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OK whatever-
I will buy you a New GT350 if the US buy the NHS !

That's how sure i am it's not going to happen.

Why oh why would they buy a completely F'd system.....

The US will negotiate a trade deal for goods........ that's stuff they want to sell you and stuff they want from you.

They are not going to buy the NHS - P.S. it's more likely the Chinese will buy it !! They have already put 50% into new Power stations in the UK.
The NHS is financially f*cked because it's primary goal is health care not profit. If it was privatized it would be worth billions but would leave us screwed like the US, so it won't happen.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
We're not blaming Trump for the NHS, we were talking about the NHS being sold to the US as part of post Brexit negotiations with the US :facepalm:
someone needs to explain to me how the nhs will be "sold" when 90% of the drugs and tech the nhs use is already provided by US owned companies not UK based companies, the nhs purchasers remit has and always will be to buy the cheapest comparable non-brand drug where possible to keep costs down many of these are from... US owned companies. no company in the right mind would buy the management / admin side of the nhs as there's literally zero money to be made with regards to everything else it'll be exactly the same as its been for the last 20 years. The "nhs" being sold off is just a scare story by people who have no clue how the nhs currently works.

OP
OP
svfinnishline

svfinnishline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, MB Citan

UK has NHS, US does not.

OK so wait, let me understand - it may take me awhile to catch up. The stable genius donald F trump isn't Putin's puppet? The man who 'never did understand wind' cause it kills bald eagles and makes too much noise, and emits tremendous fumes into the air?

“They’re made in China and Germany mostly,” Trump said of wind turbines, of which there are more than 57,000 across the US, according to the American Wind Energy Association. “But they’re manufactured tremendous if you’re into this, tremendous fumes. Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything.

“You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right? Spewing. Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything, right?”

Re NHS vs USA: in the USA -
According to a study published in February 2019, about 530,000 bankruptcies filed annually are because of debt accrued due to a medical illness. The study found that even the Obama administration’s landmark Affordable Care Act (known as Obamacare) has failed to change the proportion of bankruptcies caused by medical debts, with poor health insurance cited as one of the main culprits.
“A lot of people, a little over 60%, are filing bankruptcy at least in part because of medical bills. Most of them are insured. It’s clear that despite health insurance, there are many, many people incurring costs not being covered by their insurance,” said Himmelstein. “Medical debt is incredibly common, it’s the main cause of calls from collection agencies, and the vast majority of people with it have insurance,” said Himmelstein, lead author of the study Medical Bankruptcy: Still Common Despite the Affordable Care Act.

One out of every six Americans has an unpaid medical bill on their credit report, amounting to $81bn in debt nationwide, while about one in 12 Americans went without any medical insurance throughout 2018. Even as many Americans struggle to afford health insurance coverage in the first place, those that have it are not insulated from facing massive debt due to medical bills.

In the Uk: Medical care is a basic human right. Do we care for the health of our citizens? It's not perfect, but 'free at the point of care' means more that an american can ever comprehend. No insurance cards, no health insurance checks, no bills following an illness or birth - imagine that. The UK systems has no means to accept payment. Medical care is a basic human right and the very definition of a civil society.

Unlike the alt right which trump has emboldened. Take the Charlottesville NC march: “You also had some very fine people on both sides,” he said.

The “Unite the Right” rally that sparked the violence in Charlottesville featured several leading names in the white-nationalist alt-right movement, and also attracted people displaying Nazi symbols. As they walked down the street, the white-nationalist protesters chanted “blood and soil,” the English translation of a Nazi slogan. One of the men seen marching with the fascist group American Vanguard, James A. Fields, is charged with deliberately ramming a car into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing 32-year-old counter-protester Heather Heyer.

Sp please educate me - what isn't trumps fault? How much of what he does and says is the very opposite of a decent and caring society? He incites his base, at the same time as he screws them..

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
someone needs to explain to me how the nhs will be "sold" when 90% of the drugs and tech the nhs use is already provided by US owned companies not UK based companies, the nhs purchasers remit has and always will be to buy the cheapest comparable non-brand drug where possible to keep costs down many of these are from... US owned companies. no company in the right mind would buy the management / admin side of the nhs as there's literally zero money to be made with regards to everything else it'll be exactly the same as its been for the last 20 years. The "nhs" being sold off is just a scare story by people who have no clue how the nhs currently works.
i have worked with the NHS for many many years ... Hinch is spot on here!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The "nhs" being sold off is just a scare story by people who have no clue how the nhs currently works.
Sounds about right.

I'd add, some folk appear not to have considered the discipline of negotiation.

Of course the United States, just like any other potential future trade partner. Will enter negotiations asking for the U.K. on a stick & every cheque the U.K. gov might sign, to be made out to them.
But that doesn't mean they'll get what they ask for.

I'm going to go drive my Mustang & Chill!
:sunglasses:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Why the fuck are you bum nuggets waffling about politics on a mustang forum? Go do that shit on facebook.

FWIW, NHS aint gonna be sold....

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Steve... please can you moderate your language?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase