Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The upgrade kit for you guys with phase 1 and the phase 2 kit for the rest of us can't be far off.

My only question with their acceleration times is whether or not I have to live in Alaska to duplicate them or if I have to wait 3 hours between runs while it cools.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And so it begins
Bet there at PRI, we should see info VERY SOON

I know I won’t go as fast with this setup vs a custom tuned whip or eb but I keep leaning towards the Roush for many reasons, mainly drivability, Ford marriage & warranty

If this setup would go 10.70 consistently (Decent Air) I’m ready to buy :like:

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And so it begins
Bet there at PRI, we should see info VERY SOON

I know I won’t go as fast with this setup vs a custom tuned whip or eb but I keep leaning towards the Roush for many reasons, mainly drivability, Ford marriage & warranty

If this setup would go 10.70 consistently (Decent Air) I’m ready to buy :like:
Just had the Ford Performance Supercharger Kit installed on my 2019. I to went with this route because of warranty and I got 10% off the unit for a Black Friday discount. I pick the car up in the morning and will keep you posted.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just had the Ford Performance Supercharger Kit installed on my 2019. I to went with this route because of warranty and I got 10% off the unit for a Black Friday discount. I pick the car up in the morning and will keep you posted.

Yes in the new blog on roush it sez larger LTR and calibration for the Phase II

I’m thinking that’s it but we shall see

Yes keep us informed on how u like it

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I had a run in with a lambo last night on the freeway. Didn't think he would want to go but after I antagonized him enough he shot a flame out of the exhaust and took off at about 70. He had 2 cars on me when I floored it and by the time we hit 130 he only had 3. Didn't pull away from me but I didn't gain either. When he realized he wasn't going to lose me he shut it down and got over two lanes and left the freeway.

Couldn't tell the year or model but it looked pretty new. Sounded badass when he punched it. I don't think he was expecting my lowly 5.0 to hang :)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a run in with a lambo last night on the freeway. Didn't think he would want to go but after I antagonized him enough he shot a flame out of the exhaust and took off at about 70. He had 2 cars on me when I floored it and by the time we hit 130 he only had 3. Didn't pull away from me but I didn't gain either. When he realized he wasn't going to lose me he shut it down and got over two lanes and left the freeway.

Couldn't tell the year or model but it looked pretty new. Sounded badass when he punched it. I don't think he was expecting my lowly 5.0 to hang :)
Get a VMP or PBD 93 octane tune or even better an octane booster tune and you might have caught him

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The warranty is overrated and gimmicky. Good luck getting any warranty work approved without a fight. The minute you choose to go any type of forced induction you really need to consider custom tuning. The included tunes are not very good and are dumbed down to prevent any potential parts failure so it doesn’t cost them any $$$$ for potential warranty claim. The amount of safe power and refined driving experience it leaves on the table is a disservice to the buyer. We buy these kits at a considerable price to be badass. I initially was keeping the tune for warranty and after owning it 6 months I said screw it and went custom tune on my 17 Roush and the best thing I ever did. No warranty and no regrets. When you paid all that money for your forced induction set up and get outrun by cars that shouldn’t be able to because of crap tunes and heat soak limitations you will consider a custom tune and possibly cooling mods to get the car running like its meant to run.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The warranty is overrated and gimmicky. Good luck getting any warranty work approved without a fight. The minute you choose to go any type of forced induction you really need to consider custom tuning. The included tunes are not very good and are dumbed down to prevent any potential parts failure so it doesn’t cost them any $$$$ for potential warranty claim. The amount of safe power and refined driving experience it leaves on the table is a disservice to the buyer. We buy these kits at a considerable price to be badass. I initially was keeping the tune for warranty and after owning it 6 months I said screw it and went custom tune on my 17 Roush and the best thing I ever did. No warranty and no regrets. When you paid all that money for your forced induction set up and get outrun by cars that shouldn’t be able to because of crap tunes and heat soak limitations you will consider a custom tune and possibly cooling mods to get the car running like its meant to run.

You make a hard case my friend, however at least Roush has a good driving canned tune. I get it, there’s 50-60RW easy on the table vs a custom tune

Me, I wont even think of going Roush unless it stays canned tune, if I do decide to jump in the deep end it’s gonna be a Lund Tuned Edelbrock at 10psi

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Never had an issue with the Roush warranty. They have been awesome and frankly my dealer has been too.

Mine goes in Monday for a CEL. They give me a loaner car without complaint anytime I’m there. I’ll get a tune eventually.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Oh yeah
:clap:

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have had nothing but great experiences with the warranty on the Roush kit. In my opinion it's far from gimmicky.. They've covered close to 3k worth of parts/labor so far with no hassles what so ever. I was also even able to get Ford to warranty a clutch replacement. Last time it was in Roush sent me the new LTR and flash for free as well. My Iat2 temps are now about 20 degrees and it has definitely helped it from pulling timing so easily.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I have had nothing but great experiences with the warranty on the Roush kit. In my opinion it's far from gimmicky.. They've covered close to 3k worth of parts/labor so far with no hassles what so ever. I was also even able to get Ford to warranty a clutch replacement. Last time it was in Roush sent me the new LTR and flash for free as well. My Iat2 temps are now about 20 degrees and it has definitely helped it from pulling timing so easily.
January 24th is the next time WHP is open :) It would be great to compare times and temps with someone else with the Roush kit!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Just an update that my car is into the dealer getting new cats put on. Apparently mine were toast after my car threw a CEL.