Sponsored

Getting What You Paid For

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
https://www.fathouseperformance.com...017-mustang/package/twin-turbo-850r-flex-fuel

37k for a turbo kit. Yes that’s the installed price. And it includes a full fuel system. It is essentially turn key 850hp.

But is this really worth it over a hellion kit + fuel system, install and tune(~15k)?? Add the torque converter, catch can and boost controller and your looking at ~20k.

Not to discredit fathouse in any way. Their stuff looks to be of the utmost quality. Just wondering how they arrived at that price tag. Is there a value I’m missing here to make up the 17k gap?
Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
So buy a car for 38k-40k then spend 37k on it for a car you won't be able to sell in the future... And parts you won't be able to,sell used...

To me the math doesn't make sense. It's better to buy a base GT500. You get the power and a warranty. When you want more power buy a second pcm do a retune on that. Now your in the 9s... And maintain your warranty

Deleted member 35644

I would think it'd be crazy expensive to do the R&D on products for cars that will push them this far beyond their factory HP rating. There's a lot of stuff they have to do to ensure it doesn't grenade your engine, from carefully writing the code for the tune, to designing all components with the utmost efficiency and durability, and this type of development costs money. Add pricey metals and production costs, and I can easily see where you'd have the price of a new compact car sitting under the hood. Something like this just wouldn't make sense for Mustang owners like me, as by the time I've paid for this type of upgrade, add all the speeding tickets and insurance hikes, I'd be in bankruptcy court.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
And those are all engine mods... Nothing done to the brakes, suspension or chassis... They can gtfo with that.

They sound like they dont actually want to sell parts they're most likely a company created by the owner to support a hobby and as a tax shelter...

If people buy the kits great, if they dont doesnt matter. There are alot of companies like that especially in the exotic market...

I remember installing a 15k aftermarket catback on a Porsche 911 turbo... The car ran 0.5 seconds slower on the 1/4 vs bone stock... I tried to warn,the customer that would happen because the collectors on the headers looked like shit. But he thought i was an idiot... So

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
They do great work and it is a fully documented build which is part of what you get by paying them to do it. They also don't sell "kits", they build everything in house for your car so they can control quality. That makes them a bit more expensive. You also get everything done in a one stop shop, including in-house tuning. Some people are willing to pay a little more for these things, some people aren't. If I had the extra cash laying around, I would send them my car and happily pay for the work. I don't, so I do my own on my back in my garage.

11secls1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.axxis-corp.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
https://www.fathouseperformance.com...017-mustang/package/twin-turbo-850r-flex-fuel

37k for a turbo kit. Yes that’s the installed price. And it includes a full fuel system. It is essentially turn key 850hp.

But is this really worth it over a hellion kit + fuel system, install and tune(~15k)?? Add the torque converter, catch can and boost controller and your looking at ~20k.

Not to discredit fathouse in any way. Their stuff looks to be of the utmost quality. Just wondering how they arrived at that price tag. Is there a value I’m missing here to make up the 17k gap?
You really can’t compare a hand built car with a bolt on turbo kit. And 37k is just the starting price. You want all the goods, it will be more like 60k.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
You really can’t compare a hand built car with a bolt on turbo kit. And 37k is just the starting price. You want all the goods, it will be more like 60k.
Imagine spending all that cash and getting gapped by a fox body with a f150 motor and a procharger he bought off Facebook...

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
So buy a car for 38k-40k then spend 37k on it for a car you won't be able to sell in the future... And parts you won't be able to,sell used...

To me the math doesn't make sense. It's better to buy a base GT500. You get the power and a warranty. When you want more power buy a second pcm do a retune on that. Now your in the 9s... And maintain your warranty
Where did you read that a aftermarket tune would put a 2020 Shelbygt500 in the 9s?

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Where did you read that a aftermarket tune would put a 2020 Shelbygt500 in the 9s?
It hasn't been done yet but it will happen. Just looking at the hardware that car comes with it will definitely do it with a flash...

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Pretty steep but heard good things. Another 5k and you could have a whole TT 19 GT, my car.

That is big money though.

OP
OP
5ohh_kenny

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
What extra goodies are to be had here? This comes with catch can, High end turbos, OPGs, fuel system, tune, boost controller, torque converter ... The only extra goodie I can think of is a built bottom end and head work.

OP
OP
5ohh_kenny

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
They do great work and it is a fully documented build which is part of what you get by paying them to do it. They also don't sell "kits", they build everything in house for your car so they can control quality. That makes them a bit more expensive. You also get everything done in a one stop shop, including in-house tuning. Some people are willing to pay a little more for these things, some people aren't. If I had the extra cash laying around, I would send them my car and happily pay for the work. I don't, so I do my own on my back in my garage.
I agree with you. If you have stupid money might as well have someone do the dirty work for you.

My question is: for the average upper middle class guy, do you buy the hellion kit now and possibly upgrade over time. Or save up for 5 years to buy this package? I’d rather enjoy the boost now.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The same Dentist that buys the Harley with matching riding gear will buy the Fathouse Perf kit. I don't care.
Sponsored