2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Wow what a deal lol and this is one of my local ford dealers which actually I have a relationship with but even better with another one of their stores. Someone will definitely buy this since it’s in the richest County in the USA called Loudoun County with all the Defense Contractors, tech giants and now Amazons main headquarters. Plenty of money here and plenty of 20-30 year olds making 200-300k a year as well. The good news is your GT500 will retain its value lol.
Lol I was thinking the same. Ive been to that dealership and they pride themselves of being one of the biggest Shelby/Mustang dealers on the east coast. I always tell people Sterling is money. When I go for a hike at Great Falls, I always see several $250k+ cars. Wont be surprised if it sells as I'm sure they have offers that are close
Sponsored

Captian_Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 DELIVERED, 2020 GT350, 2005 GT Premium, 2012 Fiesta, 2015 GT Premium, 2017 F150 Lariat,
This is what I've been going through since last Monday. Hoping Ford irons out a solution fast.
So if there is a recall on this car do you think it is going to be fixed at the rail station? I think not. I call my dealership yesterday and he said that they have no control over when the shipping company unloads and ships a car to the dealer. He said that he had to wait 3 weeks for his own truck to came from the rail yard. The rail yard said the same thing, That there was a recall on his truck. Then it just showed up one morning. No recall.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
My dealer mentioned third party contractors doing work at railyards so that there isn't an issue with floorplan financing, etc. If the dealer was going to end up doing the work then why not allow the vehicle to be delivered there and held upon arrival? Why demand there be no release from the railyard?

Ford needs to get their fucking act together - fast. The blunders along the way with this car are a bit too much.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
My dealer mentioned third party contractors doing work at railyards so that there isn't an issue with floorplan financing, etc. If the dealer was going to end up doing the work then why not allow the vehicle to be delivered there and held upon arrival? Why demand there be no release from the railyard?

Ford needs to get their fucking act together - fast. The blunders along the way with this car are a bit too much.
I agree, something is not smelling right here, why it would sit this long in a railyard with run around excuses as how I am seeing it.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)

My salesman said that a 3rd party would fix the issue if Ford does indeed find something that needs fixed he claimed Ford actually has a shop at the mesquite yard where they can fix it but this is just so weird that it left Ford and now is being held I also wonder if all the guys already with cars are going to get theirs recalled.

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Following this close as mine is still in the railyard as well. The amount of frustration with all of this and not knowing anything just makes no sense. Why in the world would a car ship and be issues like this.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Dealership just sent me a msg and said it is stop ship and they don’t expect it to be a long delay. I can’t believe this crap. Thanks Ford for getting my hopes up that I would have it by Christmas.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
I’m talking to my dealer now about cancelling and picking up a GT350. I still don’t even have a VIN after 4 months :facepalm:and seeing all this disaster has me checking out on this for now.

the5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
For those with Stop ship, When were your cars Built and then Shipped?
Trying to see when the "Cut off" is

DonMTV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra, 1988 Mustang GT
How can any of these soon to be new car owners FORCE Ford to give them answers? Class action lawsuit? Something is amiss, and there should be transparency. Get lawyers involved and see what happens. Ford should be a least honest with what is going on.

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Spoke to Tony @FP he says he has seen these issues before. That the delay won’t be long and would be something minor. They would rather fix before sending to the dealership.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
cat=111&_nc_ohc=ZfFsfNb7WncAQnfMDk3brlOR5kcFAjMC5HrT1pb5L8MmfwvsZT2IjNhzQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

Oof, Found on Facebook....
Hole Leigh Fook! What in tarnation is this????? Please don't let these be our members cars.....

maddogdday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach I, 2020 GT500, 2021 Edge