Sponsored

Rear passenger seat panel rattle mystery fix

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
I found a rattle in the driver side rear seat area.
[ame]

If it sounds metallic it might be this. Certain vibrations would make it rattle and with my new mach thunder exhaust at certain rpms it will rattle too.

A flap of the body panel isn't tight or something and it vibrates. The video points it out.
I spent about an hour trying to figure it out. I ended up settling with gaffers tape instead and it worked. Trying to wedge your hand in that little hole and trying to shove a piece of foam under that flappy part of the panel is pretty hard.
The other risk was I didn't want to drop anything down the abyss there to vibrate so whatever I used must be soft.

I don't know if the convertible is different than the coupe but it's probably more accessible with a convertible. No trim panels need to be removed either. I had mine open because I thought I was chasing something else.

I had to chase it down so hope this helps someone.
Sponsored

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I found a rattle in the driver side rear seat area.
[ame]

If it sounds metallic it might be this. Certain vibrations would make it rattle and with my new mach thunder exhaust at certain rpms it will rattle too.

A flap of the body panel isn't tight or something and it vibrates. The video points it out.
I spent about an hour trying to figure it out. I ended up settling with gaffers tape instead and it worked. Trying to wedge your hand in that little hole and trying to shove a piece of foam under that flappy part of the panel is pretty hard.
The other risk was I didn't want to drop anything down the abyss there to vibrate so whatever I used must be soft.

I don't know if the convertible is different than the coupe but it's probably more accessible with a convertible. No trim panels need to be removed either. I had mine open because I thought I was chasing something else.

I had to chase it down so hope this helps someone.
sorry to bring back dead thread. glad this fixed it for you but this might be my issue. sometimes when I accelerate it buzzes and it's so annoying probably cause of my exhaust. can you show me exactly where this is? I'm trying to comprehend where it is, but my brain is a little slow right now cause of work. Thanks! this may help a ton

OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorry to bring back dead thread. glad this fixed it for you but this might be my issue. sometimes when I accelerate it buzzes and it's so annoying probably cause of my exhaust. can you show me exactly where this is? I'm trying to comprehend where it is, but my brain is a little slow right now cause of work. Thanks! this may help a ton
Do you have a convertible? Is it in the driver side rear area?

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a convertible? Is it in the driver side rear area?
I have a coupe unfortunately. When I'm sitting in the driver side area I hear it in the passenger side, but if I lean back and accelerate with my head toward the rear seat I can hear it back there. Basically I looked like an idiot driving haha.

I've already sealed all loose clips in both doors for other rattles so it can't be the door and pillars also.

Only thing left would be this and under the car.

OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a coupe unfortunately. When I'm sitting in the driver side area I hear it in the passenger side, but if I lean back and accelerate with my head toward the rear seat I can hear it back there. Basically I looked like an idiot driving haha.

I've already sealed all loose clips in both doors for other rattles so it can't be the door and pillars also.

Only thing left would be this and under the car.
You'll need someone to sit back there and find it. It was easy for me to get at my problem after someone confirmed it was coming from where I thought it was.
Being a convertible meant I could just open the top and have access from above down the hole. You'd have to take out the side plastic next to the passenger to get at what I described.

Sponsored

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
You'll need someone to sit back there and find it. It was easy for me to get at my problem after someone confirmed it was coming from where I thought it was.
Being a convertible meant I could just open the top and have access from above down the hole. You'd have to take out the side plastic next to the passenger to get at what I described.
Darn figured that would be the case. Where exactly is this location though? What you're describing. Is it the side of the rear seat on a coupe?

OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you were sitting in the back seat it would be where your shoulder is think of the top of the quarter panel where the convertible top goes into.
Sponsored