Sponsored

Rattle from passenger seat

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm hearing similar noise coming from the passenger side, though not as bad as the rattle from the dash in these vids (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16041). I took it to the dealer today. The guy wanted to drive the car with me. I told him it's coming from the passenger seat, so he can't sit there. He offered to sit at the back seat. I have the premium package, so I have electronically adjusted seat. I had to move it in order for him to get in (he was a pretty big guy). Once he's in, the noise is gone.

I was upset about this. Then we moved the seat back and the noise came back, though not as bad. He said that because it's so faint, he's not sure if they can fix it. The car's been there for over a day now (they are looking into other problems) and he hasn't touched the car yet.

I wish I had recorded a video like the others. I have heard about the dreaded "we can't replicate the issue." Now, I'm experiencing it.

Oh, and I also have the break issue. I can't replicate it now. Dealer says he'll try to replicate it, but he thinks it's a "rust" issue.

Anyone know what the rattle is and does anyone know how to get it fixed? I'm pretty sure it's the passenger seat. The fact that when it was moved forward and the noise disappear confirms this. The only other test I did prior to the visit to the dealership was to move the back rest of the seat. Doing that didn't help, as the noise remained.

Anyone else experiencing this? Please help. I don't want them to say they can't fix it and when I start driving it again, the noise returns.

Thanks.
Sponsored

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
I've noticed the same problem with mine today. I didn't try moving the seat forward, but will. I primarily drive by myself, so moving it up a little would be no big deal if it fixed the issue. I was also thinking about putting a little piece of foam in by the latch to see if that would keep it from bouncing and ultimately making the noise. I haven't done that yet, but plan to try that over the weekend. Of course if moving the seat up a little fixes it, I probably will call that a fix!!

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've noticed the same problem with mine today. I didn't try moving the seat forward, but will. I primarily drive by myself, so moving it up a little would be no big deal if it fixed the issue. I was also thinking about putting a little piece of foam in by the latch to see if that would keep it from bouncing and ultimately making the noise. I haven't done that yet, but plan to try that over the weekend. Of course if moving the seat up a little fixes it, I probably will call that a fix!!

I'm starting to think that my issue is a the panels on the passenger side. On a couple of windy days, when the wind blew in the direction of the passenger side, I can year the rattle (while the car is stationary). My guess is that the panels need to be tighten.

Let me know what solutions worked for you. Good luck.