2016 Mustang Cracked Bumper and detached clips

laurenrose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lauren
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang
Unfortunately, I messed up my bumper by running over a cone on the road in the middle of the night and could not dodge because of other cars next to me. It completely cracked my bumper on the bottom by the bottom grille. It tore a hole in the bottom grille and the clips on the left side of the bumper detached. The right side is completely fine and looks good as new, its just the left side that is messed up. Is this fixable or should I just invest in a new bumper? Need help with deciding what to do and if warranty can cover any of this.
IMG_2616.jpg
IMG_2621.jpg
IMG_2617.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg
IMG_2620.jpg
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
...Need help with deciding what to do and if warranty can cover any of this...
Like my dad said, "You can want in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first." You either file an insurance claim or pay for it out of pocket.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Welcome to the forum Lauren. Sadly, the best fix is to replace the bumper. Get quotes then decide if it's worth reporting to insurance.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Welcome to the forum Lauren. Sadly, the best fix is to replace the bumper. Get quotes then decide if it's worth reporting to insurance.
Warranty definitely wont cover an accident. Insurance claim or pay out of pocket.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely not warranty as the others have said. If you buy new parts, you're probably looking around $12-1400 all said and done. New bumper and paint is around $900 with R&I, the bottom grille and splitter are broken too so that bumps it up some.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
I hate seeing messed up mustangs! Sorry this happened to you.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@laurenrose

Hey welcome to the site! Sorry to see the unfortunate damage.

You could source a used front bumper cover and do the swap yourself (if you have some friends who can help). It’s not all that hard to do and it could be done in a couple of hours if taking your time.

Here’s a yellow one on eBay that just needs paint - you could drop it off have it painted and you do the R&R at home for far less than doing a full blown Body Shop repair effort.
https://www.ebay.com/p/2037766625

or here’s a brand new primed cover:
https://www.ebay.com/c/14016700446

Plus, it would spare you any excessive insurance costs, jacked up premiums and any ding from the damn VIN reporting agencies.

OR

You could upgrade to a complete yellow Roush front cover:
https://www.ebay.com/p/245236827

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
The Roush prepainted complete front end for $1150 shipped is your best bang for your buck option. Pay it out of pocket and will just be like an upgrade and no hit to your insurance or carfax report.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Unfortunately, I messed up my bumper by running over a cone on the road in the middle of the night and could not dodge because of other cars next to me. It completely cracked my bumper on the bottom by the bottom grille. It tore a hole in the bottom grille and the clips on the left side of the bumper detached. The right side is completely fine and looks good as new, its just the left side that is messed up. Is this fixable or should I just invest in a new bumper? Need help with deciding what to do and if warranty can cover any of this.
IMG_2616.jpg
IMG_2621.jpg
IMG_2617.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg
IMG_2620.jpg
Warranty Will not cover it since its due to impact.

The broken tab by the headlight is a very common s550 issue and super easy to fix. There is a company called quick latch that makes a quick release system that solves the issue permanently. They also now have a s550 specific kit.

Here's mine

The lower crack unfortunately cannot be repaired...you can patch it theoretically but it always looks like shit. There are tons of stock bumpers for sale for around 300.00 look on Facebook,and ebay
TLS_0447~2.JPG

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just get a stock replacement. Aftermarket is junk.

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
The Roush prepainted complete front end for $1150 shipped is your best bang for your buck option. Pay it out of pocket and will just be like an upgrade and no hit to your insurance or carfax report.
$1150 painted and shipped? Color me intrigued. I've never found it that cheap online.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Just get a stock replacement. Aftermarket is junk.
This! OE is the best quality.

Ive seen a few GT500 and gt350 bumpers for sale on facebook as well as ton of the regular GT bumpers.

The GT500 and gt350 bumpers should fit the 2015-2017 cars. They won't fit the 18.

The bumper is also really really easy to take off yourself. If you bring the new bumper to a paint shop they will spray it for you super cheap,since its off the car. You may have a slight difference in colors but the good shops can get pretty damn close to your color. You can also get the car ceramic coated while you're at it... These cars have almost no paint and clear coat on them... So literally anything cracks the paint on them...

Another option maybe to vinyl wrap the car... All though vinyl wraps cost as much as a full on paint job nowadays...

If you don't care about High gloss and depending on where you are plastidip is also a good option. Check out a YouTube user called dipyourcar. Its amazing how far they've come with plastidip and because its rubberized paint its super easy to layer on paint to do repairs later. The only issue with plastidip is you can't get as great a gloss finish with it yet...

Last edited:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
What happened to the OP?