2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
No Electric will ever provide the overall visceral experience that the GT500 (and similar gas-powered V8-engined cars) will provide in terms of what the sound of the engine and exhaust means to the driver. Sure, the electrics can press you into the rear seat when you "floor it" but no electric motors sounds like V8 !...and makes you feel soooooo good.
Preaching to the Choir look at my user name but the Electric revolution is upon us:frown:
Sponsored

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Preaching to the Choir look at my user name but the Electric revolution is upon us:frown:
THe real problem is the false narrative out there which says that electric cars are the answer to "global warming" and nothing said about the cost (let alone the emissions) of building batteries, getting rid of old ones, and building the infrastructure to charge everyone's electric cars at night (without dimming the streetlights!) Worse yet are the political mandates being discussed to get rid of all gas-powered cars by 2040-2050. What the hell will that do the the value of these special cars we own if this comes to pass........

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
THe real problem is the false narrative out there which says that electric cars are the answer to "global warming" and nothing said about the cost (let alone the emissions) of building batteries, getting rid of old ones, and building the infrastructure to charge everyone electric cars at night (without dimming the streetlights!) Worse yet are the political mandates being discussed to get rid of all gas-powered cars by 2040-2050. What the hell will that do the the value of these special cars we own if this comes to pass........
Don’t get me going I’ll ramble on and on the AGENDA so yes good points and I don’t want to get the thread too sideways but damn the SEMA show made me do it lol.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Don’t get me going I’ll ramble on and on the AGENDA so yes good points and I don’t want to get the thread too sideways but damn the SEMA show made me do it lol.
Well, I'm in Vegas for SEMA. I'll see it tomorrow in person...Vroom Vroom Forever!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I dont recall it being discussed, but does the painted black roof option add any delay, or is it part of the build process?
For a while I was beginning to think it did but now I'm not so sure. Mine is finally on the move and we'll see if gets bogged down somehow due to the roof...

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's an extra step, so I would think that it would add time to the production process.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything adds time. My point in saying bogged down was along the lines of the paint delay issues due to color, etc.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Looking at my black roof, it was masked and painted (by hand). I can't imagine it taking a whole lot of effort, but yes.... it is another step that bogs down the process.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not know it was painted by hand Tom. It would indeed make sense that it adds another time/process variable.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
No standard mass production GT500 has been authorized for release as if yet, and it clearly has nothing to do with hoods, fenders or paint. Cars come out of trim, are considered produced and then stored to the parking lot staring at shipping across the street.

There is an issue equally common with all GT500s which is significant enough to hold the vehicles until they are made right before they are released for delivery. I think we may see at least a couple of more weeks before shipments from the FRAP are authorized.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
No standard mass production GT500 has been authorized for release as if yet, and it clearly has nothing to do with hoods, fenders or paint. Cars come out of production and park in the lot.

It is something equally in common with all GT500s which must be made right before they hit the streets. I think we may see at least a couple of more weeks before shipments from the FRAP are authorized.
I’ve got 2 thought’s or opinions why, I’ll keep to my self for now. 1 of witch I’ll see on Thursday when mine should be completed. My build has no trim shop needed for stripes, no CFTP , no black roof, extra. Once it’s off line it’s done. Let’s see what my ETA for delivery says. The other thought I’ll keep for now, But I have an interesting idea why they are holding them.

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Does anybody know (other than Ford, and they are not talking) if the base models will be produced through the winter?
Sponsored