Sponsored

Shelby Dragon Snake GT500

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It was an option within the years I specified, not all, but it certainly was an option. 100% accurate unless someone is butthurt over the statement and wants to try and tell me my words state something that can only be implied as me meaning every single year...which also, isn't what I wrote.
Not sure how long that you have been around Mustang but suggesting that a 2007 to 2014 GT500 came standard with a stick and an automatic transmission was an option is pretty hilarious.:giggle:

Based on you being 100% accurate as you suggest please provide all of us some Ford documentation that backs up your claim!

:)
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
It was an option within the years I specified, not all,
That's better because there was no option for an automatic when I purchased my '14.

Just wanna keep the facts straight, don'tcha know. :-)

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Not sure how long that you have been around Mustang but suggesting that a 2007 to 2014 GT500 came standard with a stick and an automatic transmission was an option is pretty hilarious.:giggle:

Based on you being 100% accurate as you suggest please provide all of us some Ford documentation that backs up your claim!

:)
If you can't understand what I've said then its no longer my issue....also my name is Mike, not Google my "claims" are rock solid, I'd suggest you ask Google yourself for all that proof, today's a good day to learn new things...that's what I always say. Have a good day...

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
my "claims" are rock solid,
Well, they are now but they certainly weren't when you stated them.

I think the rest of us "understand" just fine and it would probably be a good idea to proof read your posts in the future before hitting "Reply."

We all make mistakes and it's no big deal, but this is a tough crowd.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
no stick, no iconic name should be used
that's a bit absolutist, but I agree to a point. Ford could have put a traditional shifter stalk where it's always been and put an electronic box at the base. That way you could literally row the gear box if you wanted to. or make it act like a sequential shifter. Didn't Porsche or somebody have one of those? If the trans were to have been moved to the rear axle (should have been) for weight balance, you would have been forced to do a fake shifter anyway.

Ditto the 3rd pedal would be an electronic unit that would admittedly have little or no direct feedback but could be used to influence the dual-clutch engagement action.

On the other hand, the GT500 should have just come with a Tremec 7 speed traditional manual as an option with the clearly stated proviso that while in 1st and 2nd gear the engine power would be necessarily curtailed.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Here's where I step in, and agree with you then take it to the point where I know most people don't wanna agree with me...but the truth hurts, I feel the same way about Ford using the iconic GT500 namesake on this new version too. Why? Before you plaster me with hatefilled messages here goes: 1. You could order or have put in any GT500 from 1968 to 2014 versions an auto trans. but IT WAS AN OPTION and stick was the standard, no stick, no iconic name should be used. 2. All GT500's from the past had a PROPER SHIFTER! 3. Please stop telling me you know Carroll Shelby would have loved this new car...I'm pretty damn sure he'd have the exact same criticisms that I do! 4. Flat Rock assembly line workers still cannot line up the front fascia and hood lines so even build quality from what I can see from release videos is essentially the same as a regular ole GT, none of which have I ever seen with perfect fit body panels (unlike every cookie cutter Honda which seems to me all of them line up flawlessly, even on their cheapest models). 5. Childlike graphics appeal to ricers and 14 year old's, unfortunately for you Ford, and Shelby American, not many of us die hard's who've bought your vehicles for the past 50+ years are ricers or 14 year old children.
Just another fun fact to add to your list of undocumented and erroneous claims is than an automatic transmission was first available in a GT500 starting with the 1967 model year and not in 1968 as you mentioned above.

If we really want to get technical the first automatic transmissions available in a Shelby Mustang came in 1966 with the launch of the automatic transmission in the GT350 cars.

Based on the above post you sound like you may have grown up in the same era as me as I have been purchasing Ford vehicles for over 50 years as well but obviously you and I differ a great deal on the actual facts for the old and new GT500's.

:beer::beer:

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
07 - 14 GT500s were ALL FACTORY STICK CARS...FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY, you could buy a STICK GT500 FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY and try to have some shop (NOT FACTORY!!!) do the conversion but as far as an option FROM THE FACTORY for auto for a GT500 between 2007 to 2014...IT NEVER HAPPENED!!! Please do REAL research before spewing so called FACTS.
Back on topic...I do feel that Shelby could have done a much much better job with a drag focused GT500, black out appearance packaged with some type of wheels similar to some dark stars with smaller diameter wheels, maybe 18s wider in the rear skinnier (not typical shinnies as that wouldn't be street friendly but thinner than the rears) and the SC upgrade, tune and maybe just the name Dragon Snake to pay homage to the 60s cars. JMHO

Last edited:

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Well, they are now but they certainly weren't when you stated them.

I think the rest of us "understand" just fine and it would probably be a good idea to proof read your posts in the future before hitting "Reply."

We all make mistakes and it's no big deal, but this is a tough crowd.
This crowd ain't tough to me...and man I can't help it what I wrote is true, I know the real issue comes when someone criticizes something someone else is head over heels about. But I could care less about anyone else's feelings either, just expressing mine. Accurately.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
1. You could order or have put in any GT500 from 1968 to 2014 versions an auto trans. but IT WAS AN OPTION and stick was the standard,
LMFAO I'm going to run out and get me a 1991 Shelby Mustang GT500 with a AOD.