2020 GT500 goes 10.61 @ 133 mph!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A street version much like a base S550 with a Whipple or TT.
But whatever.......
Cooling? factory tune? Suspension tune? Braking? Aero?

I thought this whole "slap a whipple on a GT" crap was over a long time ago.
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Cooling? factory tune? Suspension tune? Braking? Aero?

I thought this whole "slap a whipple on a GT" crap was over a long time ago.
Drag Strip......not a road course.
A Cobra Jet like trim level would be awesome for the straight liners.

There seems to suddenly be quite a few on the threads lately.

The base GT500 is great, but remove all the road race hardware
and call it a Cobra Jet.
Something that can be truly compared to a Demon or Red Eye.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst

and call it a Cobra Jet.
Now that I think about it a street legal cobra jet would be bad ass. Solid axle dropping 200lbs of weight alone. Removing all the heavy components, Ford would make a killing on this, a real demon killer.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Nice job. As expected, it goes as hard as the Dodge in a straight line, well mannered on the street, and from certain reports, has extraordinary grip. Well done Ford.

And it looks amazing.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

and call it a Cobra Jet.
Oh yea, the first thing I'd do if I was a 1/4 mile guy is get rid of a lot of that and lighten it up. It's a shame they didn't offer a $1 crate with all the parts differences like the demon.

fdjizm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/CS
TC off for burnout and on for run, sorry for the confusion. You can do the burnout with Line Lock on with the TC on, but as soon as you release the LL the car dies out. If you want to power out of the burnout, which I prefer to do, TC needs to be off for the burnout, but you'll want it back on for the run.
Evan stop cheating right meow!

BlaqWhole said:
The bad news will be when they line it up next to a C8 and it doesn't get the Evans special treatment and it gets beaten. Even more bad news will come when it meets the ZLE on track and gets curb stomped into oblivion.
BlaqWhole said:
Get one thing straight, the 10.6 that you cling to was a private session run on a private track with undisclosed methods used. Now you can play dumb all you want and act like Evans is the same as a MT or C&D run. But it isn't. In fact I bet you that if you asked what he did to make those runs he would not disclose all his methods.
What's your secret methods bro!? collusion!! LOL

BlaqWhole said:
Not for nothin, but Evans is testing the GT500 privately at a track. So there is no way to tell if he is lying or hiding mods either. Especially when he is known to modify cars in a certain manner and call it "stock". He is not on the same level as MT or C&D. So don't try to paint him as such.

But this is a real gem and his secret is exposed, admitting he's obsessed with the new GT500 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BlaqWhole said:
No you didn't. Don't try to BS anyone. I've been following this car since day one. On every FB group and page and forum where this car was discussed the general consensus was that the CF version would be faster. However, since the Base is faster, it's kinda dumb that anyone would pay an extra $20K to have a slower car.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Here is a bone stock Redeye I recorded running 10.29 with just a drag radial..Not even skinnies used..When a GT500 beats that then you can talk your trash...I go by what a car has run not by speculation...

Since no on has had a GT500 in October air at Atco on a tire, we don't know what'd run.

I'll say this, I wouldn't bet against a car that runs 10.61 at 1000 ft DA on a street tire running a 10.2X on a DR at Atco in October.

Note the GT500 trapped higher in 1000 ft DA than the red eye in the video (if I read the blurry clocks correctly).

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Evan stop cheating right meow!

What's your secret methods bro!? collusion!! LOL

But this is a real gem and his secret is exposed, admitting he's obsessed with the new GT500 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The crazy thing is, almost none ever call him out for how completely asinine he sounds...and some actually agree with him. His posts are truly dumbfounding.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Since no on has had a GT500 in October air at Atco on a tire, we don't know what'd run.

I'll say this, I wouldn't bet against a car that runs 10.61 at 1000 ft DA on a street tire running a 10.2X on a DR at Atco in October.

Note the GT500 trapped higher in 1000 ft DA than the red eye in the video (if I read the blurry clocks correctly).
I'm thinking 100% stock GT500's are going to be dipping in the 10.3's for hero runs. With DRs it's going to get awfully close to 9's!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

10.29 at 132.82 mph
Sponsored