Status
Not open for further replies.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Hi guys;

Can't decide which one has a better low end TQ (1500 - 2500 RPM) for city/street driving where you don't get much room to rev the car.
Love the sound of GT and how it revs on open road, but most of my driving is inner city, but I need low end TQ.

Has anyone driven these two (GT and the NEW High Performance EB) and see which has a better take off power?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi guys;

Can't decide which one has a better low end TQ (1500 - 2500 RPM) for city/street driving where you don't get much room to rev the car.
Love the sound of GT and how it revs on open road, but most of my driving is inner city, but I need low end TQ.

Has anyone driven these two (GT and the NEW High Performance EB) and see which has a better take off power?
Thanks!
That’s an easy question to answer. For daily street use the EB will deliver more punch than the GT. We only have one member with the new HPP but I’m betting with the modified RS engine and bigger turbo it will be even better. 4.5 sec 0-60 should prove that to be true.
That said this will probably become another EB vs V8 thread. I think we have about 1000 of them. My question is simple.....will you regret not getting the Coyote sound and overall power? Answer that question and you will know which way to go.

Let the party begin!!!!

OP
OP
Z_Rocks

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
My question is simple.....will you regret not getting the Coyote sound and overall power? Answer that question and you will know which way to go.

Let the party begin!!!!
That's what make it hard to decide. The goodness of V8 vs. the low end TQ of Turbo. This new EB isn't like the old one.
Just saw a video of new EB driving and the Exhaust (not engine) sound was close to GT.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Hi guys;

Thanks!
You have been a member of these boards since 2014 and you are just asking this question now?

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That's what make it hard to decide. The goodness of V8 vs. the low end TQ of Turbo. This new EB isn't like the old one.
Just saw a video of new EB driving and the Exhaust (not engine) sound was close to GT.

I really like the new HPP, but the exhaust sound is in no way the same or close or whatever. The HPP is distinctly a 4 pot. Not saying it sounds bad, but to say it sounds similar to the 5.0 is like saying that blue is close to green. If sound was the deciding factor, the 5.0 wins by a mile....at least for me.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

The EB with active exhaust sounds good, really good for a 4 cyl. It does not sound like a Coyote so please don’t fool yourself about this.

The new EB HPP isn’t going to be all that different as a daily driver. The biggest improvement will be above 3500rpm.

It’s not only about the sound though. How about upfront cost, insurance, gas costs. Anything here going to make you lean one way or the other?

I’ve had both. I loved my EB. It was everything I needed it to be. That said, a My GT/CS is an awesome car. I cannot get enough of it.

OP
OP
Z_Rocks

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
The EB with active exhaust sounds good, really good for a 4 cyl. It does not sound like a Coyote so please don’t fool yourself about this.

The new EB HPP isn’t going to be all that different as a daily driver. The biggest improvement will be above 3500rpm.

It’s not only about the sound though. How about upfront cost, insurance, gas costs. Anything here going to make you lean one way or the other?

I’ve had both. I loved my EB. It was everything I needed it to be. That said, a My GT/CS is an awesome car. I cannot get enough of it.
Thanks for your feedback.
Is the GT insurance higher than EB?
How is your GT low end TQ up to 3500? For street driving that's what matters. From 1700 to 3500. I wonder when this new turbo wakes up, after 4000? If yes, then it needs RPM room before boost shows up.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I believe the eco HPP is brand new package so how could he ask the question in 2014?
True, but is there really a big difference between a 2015 EB/5.0 and a 2020 HPP/5.0? I think over the last 5 years this would have come up. In any case, for inner city driving you will see no
appreciable difference between them, except the sound which is pretty significantly different.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Or buy a 5.0 and boost it . Now that will cover both , sound and performance.

OP
OP
Z_Rocks

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
True, but is there really a big difference between a 2015 EB/5.0 and a 2020 HPP/5.0?.
It has to be, that's why Ford is asking for such a higher premium on the HPP.
However, I really posted this question, is because, the BASE GT is now so close to EB HPP, and with GT you can get better discount and get the best of V8. But I thought I ask if the HPP gives a much better low end TQ experience than low end GT.

OP
OP
Z_Rocks

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Or buy a 5.0 and boost it . Now that will cover both , sound and performance.
I've been that road before when I boosted my C6 Z06 and dealers gave me hell with warranty issues. It was a fight for every thing, to blame the TT for rattling noise from my dash. So I want to keep it under warranty, until it's over.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.