Heard it from a friend - mass production next week

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Honest question: Why are you planning on putting the GT500 in storage? I've been in northern climates before and plenty of people drive through the winter with RWD cars and even on summer tires.

edit: I personally am planning on throwing some all seasons on it for the winter and riding it out.
I live in Maryland and I put my toy whatever it is at the time up at Thanksgiving and get it back out mid March so I drive it on weekends 8 months a year. It’s just to much power to deal with snow plus salt and chemicals they put on roads are not worth the chance for me. Unfortunately I will barely get to drive my GT500 before she goes into hibernation but it is what it is.
Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Heard it from a plant connection - Mass production starts next week. Here we go!
Can you please ask your "connection" when do they plan on building most of the CFTP cars??? I know they can't build them in the dead of winter because of the tires but if I could get a little "insight" as to their "actual plan" that would really be appreciated. Hope to hear from you. THANK YOU.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
From what I heard from somebody who claims to be in the know, they are only building 5,000 in September and October and stopping production until January. This could be BS, but with the number of people who have yet to get a build date, such as myself, I am leaning towards it being fact. My buddy lives in Mass and he got a build date for 10/21 so I do not think the climate matters. It seems random, since I live in SoCal and could drive mine in the winter as opposed to his sitting in his garage on his lift.

Mike

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
From what I heard from somebody who claims to be in the know, they are only building 5,000 in September and October and stopping production until January.
IDK, that sounds like a whole lot of builds in a short period of time. Two months is approximately forty working days which equates to about 125 vehicles per day. Is that number even possible?

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
IDK, that sounds like a whole lot of builds in a short period of time. Two months is approximately forty working days which equates to about 125 vehicles per day. Is that number even possible?
Honestly don’t know, but I heard this from multiple sources. Not sure they’ll get to 5,000. I hope they’re wrong cause I don’t want to wait that long, I’m impatient lol

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Honestly don’t know, but I heard this from multiple sources. Not sure they’ll get to 5,000. I hope they’re wrong cause I don’t want to wait that long, I’m impatient lol
I believe the 5,000 number is all mustangs FR I have read many articles that say FR can put out between 2000-3000 mustangs a month. how many of them are 350s and 500s is another question.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I believe the 5,000 number is all mustangs FR
Now that makes a lot more sense, Jeff. Maybe figure ten percent of that number perhaps for Shelby's and then, how many 350's?

But like the rest of yn's, I sure didn't like reading about build weeks being pushed.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Do the GT350 and GT500 get built and intermingled with 'normal' mustang builds or do they run them in groups?

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Now that makes a lot more sense, Jeff. Maybe figure ten percent of that number perhaps for Shelby's and then, how many 350's?

But like the rest of yn's, I sure didn't like reading about build weeks being pushed.

Yea he is probably right with that number.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Do the GT350 and GT500 get built and intermingled with 'normal' mustang builds or do they run them in groups?
I toured the FRAP a couple of months back and can tell you that all models of Mustangs go down the assembly line at the same time and in fact the Lincoln Continental models were also on that same assembly line at the same time as well.

That being said I am suggesting that the EcoBoost, Bullitt, Mustang GT, GT350, GT350R and GT500's both 4 seat and 2 seat are all running down the FRAP assembly line at the same time which also includes the Lincoln Continental cars.

IMO the FRAP is presently a very busy assembly plant and suggest that we will see our GT500 and GT350/R's scheduled production dates being pushed out every week from now and until sometime in late November whereby we will see ceased production for much of the GT350/R and GT500's until sometime around next March.

Which will only complicate and add to the confusion will be all of the 2 seat GT500 and GT350R models that are required to head to the Mod Shop for CF wheel installation, CF wing installation, rear seat delete and for those of you who chose to purchase the Painted OTT Stripe option this will only add to the confusion and delay whereby these optioned cars will then head to Team Penske for their painted stripe and clear coat application.

:wink:

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I toured the FRAP a couple of months back and can tell you that all models of Mustangs go down the assembly line at the same time and in fact the Lincoln Continental models were also on that same assembly line at the same time as well.

That being said I am suggesting that the EcoBoost, Bullitt, Mustang GT, GT350, GT350R and GT500's both 4 seat and 2 seat are all running down the FRAP assembly line at the same time which also includes the Lincoln Continental cars.

IMO the FRAP is presently a very busy assembly plant and suggest that we will see our GT500 and GT350/R's scheduled production dates being pushed out every week from now and until sometime in late November whereby we will see ceased production for much of the GT350/R and GT500's until sometime around next March.

Which will only complicate and add to the confusion will be all of the 2 seat GT500 and GT350R models that are required to head to the Mod Shop for CF wheel installation, CF wing installation, rear seat delete and for those of you who chose to purchase the Painted OTT Stripe option this will only add to the confusion and delay whereby these optioned cars will then head to Team Penske for their painted stripe and clear coat application.

:wink:
Not to get off subject but do you have any idea if the pained strip will be painted on top of the clear or cleared over? I am wondering they the will be flush to the paint or have a raised edge.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
As always PP001 speaks the truth, this tooic has been hit across multiple other discussions. I think the consensus before was we could expext under 2k GT500s to be built and delivered in 2019 and the balance in early 2020.

I believe the # was 125-200 a week on average would come off the back of the assembly line. Which makes sense when we count about 10 weeks of production in 2019 when you account for holidays and the looming shut down.

For those that have VINs and build dates, congrats, you are lucky or connected. For those of us that dont, patience is key and plan on bringing your 500 home in the spring.
Sponsored