Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Yeah, I know. I bought a number of cars from them in the early 2000's at their main location in Hackensack. The Paramus location was originally Chevrolet's. I once had an issue with a sales manager and took it straight to the owner. Problem solved. but that was a long time ago.
If I had more time on my hands I would stop back in and talk to the owner about it. If the owner was a stand up guy in any sort of way and he recognized the amount of bullshit I was handed I would leverage that to try and get the car at MSRP.

I just don’t care enough to do that. Pus I suspect that the ownership in that place is as full of BS as the managers they have working there.

This car is not a must have for me, if it doesn’t come easily than it’s not meant to be, that’s been my attitude since I started looking to buy one 2 years ago.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Never anything that stupid.

By the way notice the MSRP
  • MSRP: $87,900
  • Dealer Doc Fee: +$359
  • Total Price: $88,259
  • Discount: -$5,359

• Internet Price: $82,900
  • You Save: $5,359
Sticker is $72,900. If that doesn't tell you to run........................
I saw that on their website but oddly they are only asking 5K over.
I don’t know why they have that outrageous price of 82K on their website.

That place is a shit hole

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Service has gone way down at all American the last 5 yrs...

Koeppel Ford in Queens has an R ... they sold me a GT350 back in 2017 for MSRP after all the dealers (including AA and Levittown, Smithtown, Sayville, Fette, all the big volume dealers in the tri state) wanted to not sell their 350s by asking ludicrous 3-10k over ...

They may still want some over for the R though but I’ve found them to be fairer - also service dept is the only place i go to / take the Shelby to

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I think we should all call that dealer, ask for a manager, and ask the same question. If they tell the same story, tell them that they have earned a bad reputation for lying to our members and that we’re reporting them to Ford customer care.

I doubt Ford corporate would condone such blatantly false and misleading treatment of buyers of their expensive cars. Ford will deal with the owner, and the owner with the dealerships management. There’s no way it’ll work the other way up...

Done respectfully, and in numbers, we can make a difference.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I literally picked mine up yesterday after being serviced at a different dealership than the one I bought it from. Thus, that sales manager is a liar.

While its a given that most car salesmen lie at times, once you catch them in such a bald faced one, its time to move on the the next opportunity. Now you know for a fact that they will lie to your face, and they want you to spend $70K+ there? Laughable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
I’m with you fellers ! It’s outrageous that a manger would stoop that low. I’m actually going to send an email to ford about this. Anybody have an email address I can reach out to about this?

The dealership’s number is 201-262-4900.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I’m with you fellers ! It’s outrageous that a manger would stoop that low. I’m actually going to send an email to ford about this. Anybody have an email address I can reach out to about this?

The dealership’s number is 201-262-4900.
(800) 392-3673 or chat, social media, etc options here:

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/#phone

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Service has gone way down at all American the last 5 yrs...

Koeppel Ford in Queens has an R ... they sold me a GT350 back in 2017 for MSRP after all the dealers (including AA and Levittown, Smithtown, Sayville, Fette, all the big volume dealers in the tri state) wanted to not sell their 350s by asking ludicrous 3-10k over ...

They may still want some over for the R though but I’ve found them to be fairer - also service dept is the only place i go to / take the Shelby to
Wow, that’s a name from the past. I got a 1990 Taurus from Koeppel Ford. Good folks as I remember.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Tell that sales manager to his face that he knows almost nothing about his job, or he is lying.
Let him choose which it is.
Seriously do this.

Wizo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R; 2019 Raptor; 2018 GX470
As far as I can remember and rationalize this - Ford sells a product which if purchased should be services and warrantied any where.

This is not a company outside of Ford as a 3rd party so I don’t believe he has the right. Furthermore - I think they get reimbursed for warrant items outside of normal parameters as long as it’s normal wear and driving.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Each Ford Dealer is individually franchised owned - the Owner can do whatever he/she wishes with regards to their Service ethics. Sure they are a Ford Dealer and SHOULD Service any/all Ford products, but again if their Dealership is being run a such, just go elsewhere because that goes to show what type of service you REALLY would receive if you bought from him and had a warranty issue.

The guy is being a jerk because you’re not buying the car from HIM...plain and simple.

Go online and look up KOONS in MD; you’re going to get a better deal than any place in NJ if you work with them. They are probably the largest by sales volume on the East Coast and have a huge selection of Mustangs. Members on here have flown in to Koons and drove home in their new S550’s...

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
First time I’m hearing this.
Went in to negotiate on a 350R they had at my local dealer. They won’t do MSRP, said they’ll come down to 3K over MSRP.
I told them with a little leg work I could find one for MSRP somewhere else in the country and have it shipped to my house.
But I want to build a relationship with them because they are my local dealer.
Sales manager said to me that they won’t service a Shelby at their dealership unless it was bought there.
I asked him if this was the case for all Ford dealerships and he said yes.

Wife and I purchased a 16 Lincoln MKC. The service dept was not good. We take it to my Ford dealer for service and they do warranty on it too. A good dealer wont turn away a furture sales customer.

Is this guy trying to pull a fast one on me or is this the policy for all Ford dealers?
Sponsored