MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Eh, has to be fake news, everyone on here claims they paid MSRP or invoice and not a penny more.

Well one guy said he paid 7k ADM
The buyers who have reported in here are a small percentage of total buyers, and I suspect are mostly in the loop (i.e., existing owners of Shelby cars, with longstanding dealer relationships), not to mention, there's at least three people who have indicated they're paying some ADM. Fake? Nah, it's real, but that doesn't mean anyone will actually pay those ADMs. I guess a dealer figures maybe someone in the first few months might pay that much, and at worst case, they simply discount it after X time (even if that's all the way down to MSRP in which case, the car would get snapped up instantly).
Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Iam going to chime in here for a second. FORD is responsible for the majority of this. Plus if they would just produce the car to meet demand none of the BS would even be going on. Not sure what FORD is trying to accomplish here but there will be many that have a really bad taste in their mouth once this all comes to an end.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
People are surprised? Weren't there ridiculous ADMs on GT350Rs the first year? I saw one less than 2 years ago in SW Florida that had a $35K ADM!
And they are still getting ADMs for Rs. My dealer just sold a 19 performance blue for 5K ADM

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I seldom wish someone would die in a fiery car crash, but Dwayne Griffith...here's to you.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Plenty of dealerships stating they will sell the C8 at sticker. FYI.
not comparable, the c8 will be a rental available car going to be built as many as GM can. GT500 is and always has been limited production.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yep. I remember when 2007 GT500's were going for 20k over sticker too.. now theyre worth like $28k on a good day lol. Give it a few months to a year and it wont be hard to find one at msrp… people wont pay that when they can get a ZR1 or C8 for that price.. and don't get me started on the used Market lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
GT500 is and always has been limited production.
ahem 5000 units/yr or any number close to that (even round down to 3000/yr) is not a limited production. less than 500 cars is getting into "collectible" territory.

I watch Mecum Auctions from time to time and sure sometimes somebody pays $$$$ for a car that isn't worth the extra dosh. And then future sellers try to ask for the same high-water mark and the buyers shrug and walk away till the price comes back to "reasonable".

If this dealer can sell just one car for the stated ADM (or anything north of the usual and customary 20k) he's going to laugh all the way to the bank. Unfortunately I doubt he's going to reward all his staff with a share of the winnings. Then again maybe he needs a new expansion to his service shop and this is one easy way to pay for it.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It would appear that my local dealer's one and only allocation will be an ADM case. How much remains to be seen but they wanted $10K over list for a 50th LE back in '15 (yes, really), so I can only imagine what the markup will be on a GT500. As was the case with the LE, this one will probably lurk on the showroom floor until the dealership owner finally keeps it.

Meanwhile, they have a gorgeous '19 GT350 in ruby red (no stripes) on the floor that can be had for MSRP, possibly less. Damn tempting....

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think 25-50 is going to be a popular number the first year. Just going by all the 150k Demons Ive seen.

Sponsored

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
I looked over their site and did not see that listed anywhere.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ah.... just wait and purchase used in 6 mos.- no markups to be concerned with and the initial buyer already took the depreciation hit.

:like:

People paying ridiculous money for a GT500 are going to find out the hard way like those who paid ridiculous money for the 2000 Cobra R.... hell, those people are still wallowing in their stupidity for blowing upwards of 75k-$100k on a car that isn’t worth more than $50k today...

You want future investment - the Ford GT is where it’s at.

(don’t get me wrong, the GT500 is an absolute beast of a car - but the pricing Ford has instilled upon it and the ADM these dealers are trying to get is plain nutz)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
just wait and purchase used in 6 mos.- no markups to be concerned with and the initial buyer already took the depreciation hit.
Have you checked the ForSale listings on this board or CarGurus and similar? There are quite a few people who think they can find a buyer for their 3+ yr old car at negligible discount to MSRP when it should be well in excess of 20% off, even with tiny mileage. The "value delusion" isn't confined to opportunistic dealers.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.