Sponsored

My whipple FORE L2 fuel system experience.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
FORE Innovations fuel system setups are some really sweet and quality kits no doubt, and I was impressed with the overall quality of the kit for sure. Installing their kit on a Whipple using Whipple rails leaves some question unanswered in their install instructions. Many have done this, and I'm sure have research and asked questions as they got to certain stages of the install, figuring it out for themselves with help from a friend or vendors. I researched and couldn't find much on details on a Whipple install, so I'll add my experience here with. FORE does sell fittings to use with Whipple rails which basically consists of two 180 fittings and two 90's that have extensions to clear the back of the Whipple. The problem is there is nothing in the manual stating really how it should be setup or the fittings oriented for a Whipple. They do however list several rail routing diagrams and one of them is the routing I used a loop system.

I took some measurement of hose I had to cut, using the layout which was suggested in the FORE manual, although it didn't say it was for the whipple fuel rails it worked well. The route was a loop, so in one rail with a crossover and out the other rail. I'm convinced this with my measurements to cut the fuel line would work with most whipple setups. Fuel line fitting and assembly works best in a vise with soft jaws, but some where done in place by hand and it does get hard at the end seating these fittings by hand even with oil on the parts. It's really nice to have a good hose cutter cleanly cut the hose in place when needed, and I got mine on Amazon for cheap and it worked well.

The diagram I've attached is how I set my rails up with the 180's up front and both tilted outward slightly to clear the heater hose and such. The rear is where the 90 with extensions already attached go, and this part is critical to have a good arch upward so that the passenger rear bolt on the Whipple can be accessed.
fullsizeoutput_c99.jpeg
lC2wfPrDRDemcWB1Otr%hg.jpg
4qwb27hUR3mOV5WaxVd5jA.jpg
39grvru4TcWOi1WvVvmwaQ.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for all the typo's and bad punctuation making it difficult to read. I went through and corrected many.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
The fuel hat and line orientation is also something to figure out. The best place to go up with the hoses (near the brake cable) requires the fuel hat 90 fittings to be pointing towards the drivers side and forward slightly. I had to loosen the fittings and turn them and re tighten to get it right. I also used a fish cable to pull the fuel line up into the hole to the fuel hat.
fullsizeoutput_ca3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ca5.jpeg
fxg1KpGRRoSXiRGdCx7enQ.jpg
27XUOqDMSk6yAwG83DPHhQ.jpg
ixDTNKZcQKy+XyiSTHopsQ.jpg
YuM83%FWSviTZQFqdfNdzQ.jpg
gd8T97sWSf+qXZTnmlulJw.jpg
wES3KJZjSkeNlkcUkbmupw.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Sorry the pics are kinda dark, you can see the 180 fittings up front are tilted out slightly. The feed line is the passenger side front 180, and the drivers side front 180 goes to regulator side port and the bottom of the regulator returns to tank.
58386272998__EC00D31E-D1BA-4BBD-826E-CF8F4821FB04.JPG
58386313418__F461A401-5DC8-4573-9A67-9C568945BEEF.JPG
View attachment 377984
fullsizeoutput_ca7.jpeg
7QdsAIXoS1SZms3h8u78hg.jpg
sROm1ERFQ5qbhalZloe8aQ.jpg
lC2wfPrDRDemcWB1Otr%hg.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
The fuel pump wiring is easy, but I got the power trigger wire screwed up because I followed a thread here that showed a pic of the plug someone tapped into YELLOW/GREY wire at the inertia switch (WRONG) instead you need to tap into the plug going to the tank (the correct) Y/G wire and plug. Also on that same plug are fuel level gauge wires, the 2 small wires (right in the pic) connect to the black wires on the FORE fuel hat. It doesn't matter which you connect to.

The big rubber boot is easy, just pull the center part out and cut open and put the FORE wiring through the big boot hole and then the smaller part around the wires and back into the big boot. And then the last pics are with all wiring tucked away a ready for seat instal.
fullsizeoutput_ca8.png
fullsizeoutput_ca9.png
L4FeSvZDSmKNpgkkDRcFJA.jpg
fullsizeoutput_cb5.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_cb1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_cad.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_cb9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_cbd.jpeg

Last edited:

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Did you purchase the fore dual pump system?

I just bought the triple pump setup for e85 with the Fc3 controller, etc...

I'm not doing a whipple though, but Hellion twin kit. Also doing built motor and trans swap for my 18

Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I'm not doing a whipple though, but Hellion twin kit. Also doing built motor and trans swap for my 18
Swap trans to what?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Correct I got du pumps plenty enough for my setup. My kit also came with the FC3 controller.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I’d rather personal stuff not related be kept to PM’s. Thanks

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Correct I got du pumps plenty enough for my setup. My kit also came with the FC3 controller.
You selected the FC3 controller as an option? I dont think it just comes with the system when you order it.

What's your rwhp goals?

Swap trans to what?
Ben Calimers Stage 1 TR6060

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
You selected the FC3 controller as an option? I dont think it just comes with the system when you order it.

What's your rwhp goals?

Ben Calimers Stage 1 TR6060
800 wheel

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Impressions so far driving with the FORE L2 setup. I have the hobbs switch setup, one pump runs until it see's 5 psi then seconds pump comes in. Others run it with both pumps on all the time, neither is wrong, and both ways have positives and negatives to it. Since I set the regulator at 50 psi vac off the first time I haven't had any fluctuation issues, like some others have reported. Also I can say you cant tell anything different with running the FORE L2 over stock as far as noise level and starting or running. I can say my A/F fuel is stable now at 11.5 wish up top and fuel trims are no longer trying to add fuel, so it's doing it's job.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Curious why you ran the rails in series?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Was just what fittings came with my L2 kit for the Whipple rails from my vendor. I don't think at my power level I'm going after it was needed to feed both rails with a Y.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Was just what fittings came with my L2 kit for the Whipple rails from my vendor. I don't think at my power level I'm going after it was needed to feed both rails with a Y.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did you have any clearance issues at the back on the passenger side between the whipple head unit and the fuel rail?
Sponsored