Sponsored

Fore fuel system with whipple install questions

Csb1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
has anyone here installed a fore fuel system on there s550 i have a few questions if someone could answer first being
1. Where did you place your fuel filter
2. factory fuel line did you just pull it out?
3. what wires did you splice into on the factor harness for reading fuel levels and did you leave the rest of the wires on the harness and the harness itself alone after that?
4. where did you place the fuel regulator for your whipple setup with whipple fuel rail?
5. last thing my fuel system only came with 30 feet of just -8 an braided fuel line can i use that for for both return and direct or do i need like a -10an?
Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
has anyone here installed a fore fuel system on there s550 i have a few questions if someone could answer first being
3. what wires did you splice into on the factor harness for reading fuel levels and did you leave the rest of the wires on the harness and the harness itself alone after that?
4. where did you place the fuel regulator for your whipple setup with whipple fuel rail?
5. last thing my fuel system only came with 30 feet of just -8 an braided fuel line can i use that for for both return and direct or do i need like a -10an?
1) Under the plastic housing where factory fuel lines run.
2) Completely removed factory fuel line.
3) I followed fore fuel install instructions from this forum. Don't remember wire color.
4) Fuel regulator I drilled into drivers side shock tower.
5) I think the -8 is fine up to 1000 rwhp. Will let other members chime in.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
fuel filter we put under the plastic piece on the driver side toward the front where the brake lines are
usually just leave the factory line, or you can pull, either way
all the harness stays in tact and plugged in
regualtor we usually put on the shock tower
we do systems one of 2 ways
10 feed 8 return
or all 8

8 will carry you very far, even on e85
Sponsored