Sponsored

Autocross tips for those of us with 6R80's?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I know us auto guys are at a disadvantage in autocross and track events, but has anyone been running a 6R80 for autocross? How did it do. Do you use paddle shifters or let it shift itself? Is there anything that can be done to improve them.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Honestly, for autocross there's not much to it. Put it in S, go into 2nd gear and let it rip. You're most likely not going to need 3rd or 1st.

Track is a different story, but you should not be at a disadvantage. If you're an experienced driver, I would use the paddle shifters. For a novice, just let the car do its thing.

You can always get a tune which will improve shift firmness and quickness for when you're racing.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Honestly, for autocross there's not much to it. Put it in S, go into 2nd gear and let it rip. You're most likely not going to need 3rd or 1st.

Track is a different story, but you should not be at a disadvantage. If you're an experienced driver, I would use the paddle shifters. For a novice, just let the car do its thing.

You can always get a tune which will improve shift firmness and quickness for when you're racing.
Thank's. That's what I was thinking. I would like to get a tune, but I'm about to buy an extended warranty.
Sponsored