PP2 Registry

20mustang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave Deluca
Vehicle(s)
2019. Mustang gt pp2 D.O.A. LEMON
Add me in too hopefully by the first part of June I will have my car ,I've got a pile of extras already to put on it can't wait!
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
It would be nice if Ford would slap a big PP2 decal next to the 5.0 emblem so you know it is a PP2 when you are looking at one.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It would be nice if Ford would slap a big PP2 decal next to the 5.0 emblem so you know it is a PP2 when you are looking at one.
If it has the PP2 rims - you’re looking at one! No other Factory Mustang comes with those specific rims. And before it’s mentioned, nope, the new 2020 EB HiPo does NOT have the same rims....

The GT PP2 rims are specific only to the GT PP2.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
If it has the PP2 rims - you’re looking at one! No other Factory Mustang comes with those specific rims. And before it’s mentioned, nope, the new 2020 EB HiPo does NOT have the same rims....

SVE does make a decent knock off wheel that might throw someone off. However, I would bet 99% of the time you could tell by the splitter, wheels and spoiler combination. Although some people may buy the wheels I doubt many would buy all three just to duplicate the PP2 look. The would probably go with different splitters, wings or spoilers.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

So if I walk up to a used PP1 with PP2 spoiler, wheels and lip on used car lot in 5 years, or even at a car show tomorrow, how would I know its not a PP2?

Would have been nice if they at least change the dash plaque to say it's a Level 2.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if I walk up to a used PP1 with PP2 spoiler, wheels and lip on used car lot in 5 years, or even at a car show tomorrow, how would I know its not a PP2?

Would have been nice if they at least change the dash plaque to say it's a Level 2.
When buying a used car have a Ford dealer run the VIN to get you the original build sheet or window sticker. Window sticker is easier as it says Performance Package Level 2. Build sheet will say Tremor Package I believe (my VIN does on the ETIS site). Plus it will have Magneride which you can verify when looking at the car. If someone had a PP1 with Mageneride and then added the wheels, splitter and spoiler from a PP2 then hey, it's basically a PP2 with slightly different programming and a few other bits. Though with the suspension upgrade package (M-9602-M) Ford has come out with for Magneride you can take a PP1 beyond the PP2 level...beyond because you can even upgrade PP2 with the W springs and track sway bars.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
When buying a used car have a Ford dealer run the VIN to get you the original build sheet or window sticker. Window sticker is easier as it says Performance Package Level 2. Build sheet will say Tremor Package I believe (my VIN does on the ETIS site). Plus it will have Magneride which you can verify when looking at the car. If someone had a PP1 with Mageneride and then added the wheels, splitter and spoiler from a PP2 then hey, it's basically a PP2 with slightly different programming and a few other bits. Though with the suspension upgrade package (M-9602-M) Ford has come out with for Magneride you can take a PP1 beyond the PP2 level...beyond because you can even upgrade PP2 with the W springs and track sway bars.
I'm aware of that, but the average Joe likely isn't going to look into it more than "does it seem to have the right parts", more so if at a car show you just kinda have to take the owner at his word.

I also have that FPP Pack. ;-)

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm aware of that, but the average Joe likely isn't going to look into it more than "does it seem to have the right parts", more so if at a car show you just kinda have to take the owner at his word.

You may be right but average Joe likely wouldn't care and if they do they should investigate. Caveat emptor as they say.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2

A quick tip-off would be the tire sticker in the door frame. Only the PP2 comes with 305/30r19 tires square.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
If someone had a PP1 with Mageneride and then added the wheels, splitter and spoiler from a PP2 then hey, it's basically a PP2 with slightly different programming and a few other bits.
If someone did all this, they should have "DumbAss" stamped on their forehead for not just buying a PP2 in the first place. At least that's what I'd be looking for.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
If someone did all this, they should have "DumbAss" stamped on their forehead for not just buying a PP2 in the first place. At least that's what I'd be looking for.
Lol. What was the price difference from a PP1 with magneride? $810?

Nailed it.