Raybestos ST45

94Gator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I have seen several people using the Raybestos ST43 pads on the fronts and the OEM pads on the rear. Has anyone used the ST45s on the front and kept the OEMs still on the rear for track days? Was curious if that throws the braking balance off since the 45s are stickier than the 43s. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this as I blew through a new set of OEM fronts in a 2 day HPDE at Sebring this weekend and was considering replacing with the ST45s for future track use. Thanks!
Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I have seen several people using the Raybestos ST43 pads on the fronts and the OEM pads on the rear. Has anyone used the ST45s on the front and kept the OEMs still on the rear for track days? Was curious if that throws the braking balance off since the 45s are stickier than the 43s. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this as I blew through a new set of OEM fronts in a 2 day HPDE at Sebring this weekend and was considering replacing with the ST45s for future track use. Thanks!
A lot of people do use less aggressive pads on the rear. (Actually, I did back in my GT days.) Now I use the stickiest pads I can find on all 4 wheels and I find the car incredibly well balanced on the brakes. Just my $.02 worth.

<TED>

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I'm running 45's in front and OEM in rear. There is no rear wiggle under heavy braking and the 45's grip well with moderate/heavy pedal pressure. They don't suddenly bite with mild pressure making them street friendly. At first mine were squealing bad but I fixed a dragging pad and now they aren't that noisy.

I'll try a more aggressive rear pad next time around to see if I could woah up the car a little faster.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A buddy of mine has run the ST45s and he likes them. From my understanding, ST43s will last the longest and 47s the least. ST47s have the most aggressve bite, tho. I run the ST43s, but will upgrade to the 47s once I am done with my 43s. That would be my recommendation for a dedicated track pad.

OP
OP
94Gator

94Gator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A buddy of mine has run the ST45s and he likes them. From my understanding, ST43s will last the longest and 47s the least. ST47s have the most aggressve bite, tho. I run the ST43s, but will upgrade to the 47s once I am done with my 43s. That would be my recommendation for a dedicated track pad.
Thanks for the input! If you move to the 47s, will you put them all the way around or do something different in the rear?

Sponsored

OP
OP
94Gator

94Gator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A lot of people do use less aggressive pads on the rear. (Actually, I did back in my GT days.) Now I use the stickiest pads I can find on all 4 wheels and I find the car incredibly well balanced on the brakes. Just my $.02 worth.

<TED>
Thanks!
I'm running 45's in front and OEM in rear. There is no rear wiggle under heavy braking and the 45's grip well with moderate/heavy pedal pressure. They don't suddenly bite with mild pressure making them street friendly. At first mine were squealing bad but I fixed a dragging pad and now they aren't that noisy.

I'll try a more aggressive rear pad next time around to see if I could woah up the car a little faster.
Great input. Thanks!

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I have run ST45 front with ST43 rear. Seemed to be a good setup and the pads lasted a long time. Didn't seem that hard on rotor either. I'm getting the same setup for the PP2 as well.
Sponsored